• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 11:09 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2934 posts
3153 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] FYI: Freedom Mobile now cheaper plan for F&F discount

As some of you know in order to take advantage of the Freedom Mobile F&F discount the minimum plan that one must sign up for is a $60 plan.

In the past, this means signing up for the 10GB unlimited plan at $65/month which after the $15 discount for F&F and $5 for digital billing means a net cost of $45/month.

In response to (I believe), the recent TELUS/associated with TELUS carriers reduction in price plans, Freedom has come out with this plan: https://shop.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/dev ... edom%206GB*

This is a plan with a gross cost of $60/month which means after $15 discount for F&F and $5 discount the net cost is $40/month, which is a net savings of $5/month.

Sure, you go from 10GB to 6GB (note the 4GB bonus is only for new activations and existing customers like me don't get it) but I don't use that much data so i'll happily pocket the $60/year in savings.

(math above is for BYOP which is the case for me. I do not know/have not done the math for those of you who are not bringing your own phone)

*If you are having trouble with the deal URL please scroll to the applicable plan by yourself by navigating their site!
Last edited by angryaudifanatic on Feb 18th, 2020 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
15 replies
Sep 10, 2008
117 posts
19 upvotes
Needing to switch how do I get a F&F discount? Do I need a code? If so, does anyone have one?
Nov 24, 2012
102 posts
15 upvotes
REGINA
I would definitely like a FF code too.
Jun 26, 2009
97 posts
82 upvotes
Why does every Freedom thread have people begging for codes? Kinda ruins the point of these discussion threads, does it not?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5001 posts
1097 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Frankdood wrote: Why does every Freedom thread have people begging for codes? Kinda ruins the point of these discussion threads, does it not?
Some people make money on begging the code here and selling it somewhere else.

Freedom Mobile

Oct 1, 2018
110 posts
45 upvotes
Frankdood wrote: Why does every Freedom thread have people begging for codes? Kinda ruins the point of these discussion threads, does it not?
Hi there, I'm am looking for codes? Have you seen them???
h
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1429 posts
354 upvotes
Westcoast
can someone post a screenshot? Website just shows "Promo Freedom 6GB" and lists phones...any more details?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2934 posts
3153 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: can someone post a screenshot? Website just shows "Promo Freedom 6GB" and lists phones...any more details?
What screenshot do you want? Anyone changing to this plan today (e.g. me) won't be able to take a screenshot post all discounts until the next billing cycle. Just call in and confirm your discounts. No big deal. Took all of 5 minutes for me.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Feb 7, 2019
33 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
Always been tempted by FM BYOD plans but a bit worried about the network.. Anyone in Calgary can comment about FM network stability & speed?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1113 posts
616 upvotes
Near You
Every time freedom pushes a update the code beggers are sure to follow XD

If only their network was stable enough to use lol
American Express Platinum + SCP ⬢ CIBC Aventura VIP ⬢ STACK ⬢ US Cards (Soon)™
TDCT ⬢ HSBC Premier ⬢ Tangerine ⬢ Motive
Fido 15GB/50$ ⬢ Google Fi ⬢ Novus 1GIG/60$
Nov 14, 2012
351 posts
103 upvotes
CALGARY
buhfellow wrote: Always been tempted by FM BYOD plans but a bit worried about the network.. Anyone in Calgary can comment about FM network stability & speed?

Thanks
Depends on the area you live North East quadrant does have good reception, not so good in the mall like Crossiron.
My job involves all quadrants and its pretty good most of the times.
Even in Downtown reception has improved a lot.
People who have swithced over have been happy with the service and savings they did

Good luck !!
Feb 7, 2019
33 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
dealove wrote: Depends on the area you live North East quadrant does have good reception, not so good in the mall like Crossiron.
My job involves all quadrants and its pretty good most of the times.
Even in Downtown reception has improved a lot.
People who have swithced over have been happy with the service and savings they did

Good luck !!
Thanks for the feedback

Are FM download/upload speed fast or comparable to Telus/Koodo?
I switched from Rogers to Koodo and I'm very happy with the improved speed & network quality especially indoors

My data usage is mostly youtube & occasionally netflix during the break
And I live in the NW quadrant, working at NE quadrant at the moment
Thank you
Apr 29, 2013
107 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary
I'm a little bit confused. So you need a F&F code to get it down to $40? What's the difference or need to plead for a code when the 9GB plan is $40 and 10GB is $45, besides the 1 less GB or $5 more?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
2934 posts
3153 upvotes
elcheapoo wrote: I'm a little bit confused. So you need a F&F code to get it down to $40? What's the difference or need to plead for a code when the 9GB plan is $40 and 10GB is $45, besides the 1 less GB or $5 more?
The main difference is for those who are on a contract.
Dec 1, 2006
897 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
My friend has Freedom. What’s the process for him to get me a code?