Expired Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile

HOT!! 20GB $65/month free iPhone SE

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2020 3:19 am
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2018
36 posts
66 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] HOT!! 20GB $65/month free iPhone SE

For a limited time, get an iPhone SE(64GB) with 20GB for only $65/month.

Original plan is $70, but with digital discount (auto pay) brings it down to $65/month on a 2 year contract.

FNF codes should be rolling out and is stackable, bringing this down to $50/month. The new FNF is save $15/month on plans over 65.

No expiry date yet, but most likely will be until end of August.
Last edited by Dealshunter8 on Aug 17th, 2020 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
111 replies
Newbie
May 19, 2019
94 posts
83 upvotes
I checked is the link. It shows $18 extra monthly for the phone itself. So is the final price include the phone $50$, $65, or $78?
How’s their network quality? Anyone has experience?
What is FNF code?
Member
Apr 29, 2013
454 posts
665 upvotes
Candiac
I tried with BYOP and i'm not sure about pricing.. It says due monthly 55$/mo and Total 65$/mo so which is it ???
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1589 posts
1059 upvotes
Near You
Big YMMV given how poor Freedom's signal strength is. Even Shaw admits it - Shaw doesn't bundle Freedom to their business customers because they are afraid the customers will leave because of the subpar mobile reception.

20 GB is great, but it doesn't really matter if you can't use it.

I suggest getting an el cheapo plan to test out your area before committing.
• AMEX PlatinumAeroplan Reserve
• MC BrimSTACK • Visa CIBC Aeroplan VIPTD Aeroplan VI
• TD • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Fido 25GB/35$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Member
Jul 7, 2004
375 posts
227 upvotes
Tanya007 wrote: I checked is the link. It shows $18 extra monthly for the phone itself. So is the final price include the phone $50$, $65, or $78?
How’s their network quality? Anyone has experience?
What is FNF code?
Iphone SE 128GB +$18/month for 24 months, Minimum $50 plan
Ipohne SE 64GB +0/month for 24 months, Minimum $65 plan
1 x Fido 4GB Data Plan $0 and 1 x Shaw Talk/Text $0 ( Huawei Nova 5T dual sim )
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
617 posts
280 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Big YMMV given how poor Freedom's signal strength is. Even Shaw admits it - Shaw doesn't bundle Freedom to their business customers because they are afraid the customers will leave because of the subpar mobile reception.

20 GB is great, but it doesn't really matter if you can't use it.

I suggest getting an el cheapo plan to test out your area before committing.
I am a current Freedom user (been with them for 6 years) but I am on a old plan with 6gb of data, unlimited calling, 2000mins for roaming talk in the US and pay all in $30 a month with all my discounts.

If I had to pay anymore then what I am paying now I would drop them so fast, I have lots of dead spots in my house and most of the time data is quite slow. If it was not a buck a day for all what I am getting totally not worth it.

I could never imagine paying $65/month for a freedom plan, I think $40 would be max I would be willing to pay and then maybe not even as there are other options like public mobile.

Personally I think there plans are getting worse all the time, they trying to give you more data and stuff but their network is not there and the coverage to be honest has not improved that vastly in the 6 years I been with them and I am in Metro Vancouver.
Jr. Member
Jul 12, 2008
105 posts
221 upvotes
Calgary
I've been with freedom for a few years now. Reception is great to spotty in certain areas of Calgary. Thankfully I have no friends and rarely ever leave Calgary so freedom is a no brainer for their price point.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1182 posts
456 upvotes
Victoria
Does anyone have feedback regarding Freedom in the Victoria area. I don't think the pricepoint is going to beat what I can get with other paygo plans for the minimal data requirements I have for various family members. However, it would be good to know if there are any reception concerns in Victoria should it financially make sense.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1353 posts
1794 upvotes
Waterloo Region
jimbob12341 wrote: I am a current Freedom user (been with them for 6 years) but I am on a old plan with 6gb of data, unlimited calling, 2000mins for roaming talk in the US and pay all in $30 a month with all my discounts.

If I had to pay anymore then what I am paying now I would drop them so fast, I have lots of dead spots in my house and most of the time data is quite slow. If it was not a buck a day for all what I am getting totally not worth it.

I could never imagine paying $65/month for a freedom plan, I think $40 would be max I would be willing to pay and then maybe not even as there are other options like public mobile.

Personally I think there plans are getting worse all the time, they trying to give you more data and stuff but their network is not there and the coverage to be honest has not improved that vastly in the 6 years I been with them and I am in Metro Vancouver.
Dead spots in your house? You really should be using WiFi calling. I see your plan is old so your device might be older than 2 years and might not support VoWiFi. But if it does then there's no reason not to.
Freedom isn't for everyone, but if you happen to live in a place with great network connection outside your home and you've got a phone from Freedom that supports WiFi calling, then you can get the best Freedom has to offer.
Member
User avatar
Jul 28, 2009
492 posts
53 upvotes
This phone's battery is really bad. Otherwise decent phone.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
617 posts
280 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Dead spots in your house? You really should be using WiFi calling. I see your plan is old so your device might be older than 2 years and might not support VoWiFi. But if it does then there's no reason not to.
Freedom isn't for everyone, but if you happen to live in a place with great network connection outside your home and you've got a phone from Freedom that supports WiFi calling, then you can get the best Freedom has to offer.
hmm, I have the moto 6 (not the plus) international version, I am not sure if it supports VoWiFi or not. I will look into that as that might help out around my house.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2005
69 posts
53 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
My 2 year contract with freedom just expired this month and the improvements freedom mobile made in the last 2 years is immense (greater Vancouver area). Is freedom on par with the big 3? Not a chance, is it worth saving 20 to 30 dollars per line? For me, without doubt, absolutely. If I'm frequenting suburban, not metropolitan area, would I get freedom? Absolutely NOT, so only get it if you don't plan using outside of major metropolitan area and even then, check with your fellow RFDers
Newbie
Mar 16, 2018
66 posts
45 upvotes
OP is just conveying the deal he found (not forcing any one to go and get it), Why Downvote???
You're paying 65$ including a phone released in April 2020 worth $600 which leaves you basically $40/mo for plan, either way no body is going to sell you this phone cheaply ( 3 mo. old Apple Phone),
sure freedom network has drawbacks, but every network has flaws, i have Rogers, Telus and Freedom (for kids), can tell you no network is perfect
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1353 posts
1794 upvotes
Waterloo Region
jimbob12341 wrote: hmm, I have the moto 6 (not the plus) international version, I am not sure if it supports VoWiFi or not. I will look into that as that might help out around my house.
While the phone itself does support WiFi calling, you will not be able to use this feature on Freedom mobile as this is the international version. Canadian carriers do not allow Android phones bought from outside their network to access WiFi calling.
If you had an iPhone on the other hand...
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2019
605 posts
413 upvotes
BC
Dealshunter8 wrote: For a limited time, get an iPhone SE(64GB) with 20GB for only $65/month.

Original plan is $70, but with digital discount (auto pay) brings it down to $65/month on a 2 year contract.

FNF codes should be rolling out and is stackable, bringing this down to $50/month.

No expiry date yet, but most likely will be until end of August.
What makes you think new fnf codes are going to be sent out?
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
617 posts
280 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: While the phone itself does support WiFi calling, you will not be able to use this feature on Freedom mobile as this is the international version. Canadian carriers do not allow Android phones bought from outside their network to access WiFi calling.
If you had an iPhone on the other hand...
Well then I stand what I said with freedom mobile. I think anything over $40 month for my plan would bee too much and like I said the newer plans don't seem to be as good anymore so that is why if they mess with my plan then I am gone.

I am not going to buy a phone from them when I can get good used ones from ebay that can do the job for alot cheaper and not locked into a contract just to get all the features to try to fill in the gaps for a shitty network.

Like I said I been with them for 6 years, for the amount of money I pay for my plan I am fine with the service as the number 1 thing for me was price.

Other people may find they are getting great value at $65/month and that is great but for me it is not.
Member
User avatar
Aug 22, 2011
387 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver
If you live in Vancouver, I would avoid Freedom because their reception is horrible. Doesn't matter if you have 20gbs when you can't even use it.
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 26, 2018
36 posts
66 upvotes
BatmanDeals wrote: What makes you think new fnf codes are going to be sent out?
My cousin told me FNF codes were sent out today.
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2019
605 posts
413 upvotes
BC
jimbob12341 wrote: Well then I stand what I said with freedom mobile. I think anything over $40 month for my plan would bee too much and like I said the newer plans don't seem to be as good anymore so that is why if they mess with my plan then I am gone.

I am not going to buy a phone from them when I can get good used ones from ebay that can do the job for alot cheaper and not locked into a contract just to get all the features to try to fill in the gaps for a shitty network.

Like I said I been with them for 6 years, for the amount of money I pay for my plan I am fine with the service as the number 1 thing for me was price.

Other people may find they are getting great value at $65/month and that is great but for me it is not.
Yep not only are their plans getting worst they also changed how 35% fnf codes would be ineligible for plan changes without losing the 35% discount & getting a 15$ discount.

Top