[Freedom Mobile] HOT!! 20GB $65/month free iPhone SE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2020 3:19 am
[OP]
Jan 26, 2018
31 posts
63 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] HOT!! 20GB $65/month free iPhone SE

For a limited time, get an iPhone SE(64GB) with 20GB for only $65/month.

Original plan is $70, but with digital discount (auto pay) brings it down to $65/month on a 2 year contract.

FNF codes should be rolling out and is stackable, bringing this down to $50/month. The new FNF is save $15/month on plans over 65.

No expiry date yet, but most likely will be until end of August.
Last edited by Dealshunter8 on Aug 17th, 2020 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
111 replies
May 19, 2019
56 posts
33 upvotes
I checked is the link. It shows $18 extra monthly for the phone itself. So is the final price include the phone $50$, $65, or $78?
How’s their network quality? Anyone has experience?
What is FNF code?
Apr 29, 2013
324 posts
375 upvotes
Candiac
I tried with BYOP and i'm not sure about pricing.. It says due monthly 55$/mo and Total 65$/mo so which is it ???
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1313 posts
793 upvotes
Near You
Big YMMV given how poor Freedom's signal strength is. Even Shaw admits it - Shaw doesn't bundle Freedom to their business customers because they are afraid the customers will leave because of the subpar mobile reception.

20 GB is great, but it doesn't really matter if you can't use it.

I suggest getting an el cheapo plan to test out your area before committing.
• AMEX PlatinumCobalt
• MC BrimBMORogersSTACK • Visa CIBC AventuraTD AeroplanScotiabank Momentum
• TDCT • HSBC Premier • Tangerine • Motive • Fido 25GB/50$ • Public Mobile • Google Fi • Novus 1GIG/60$
Jul 7, 2004
279 posts
106 upvotes
Tanya007 wrote: I checked is the link. It shows $18 extra monthly for the phone itself. So is the final price include the phone $50$, $65, or $78?
How’s their network quality? Anyone has experience?
What is FNF code?
Iphone SE 128GB +$18/month for 24 months, Minimum $50 plan
Ipohne SE 64GB +0/month for 24 months, Minimum $65 plan
Nov 28, 2019
229 posts
104 upvotes
mistytalon wrote: Big YMMV given how poor Freedom's signal strength is. Even Shaw admits it - Shaw doesn't bundle Freedom to their business customers because they are afraid the customers will leave because of the subpar mobile reception.

20 GB is great, but it doesn't really matter if you can't use it.

I suggest getting an el cheapo plan to test out your area before committing.
I am a current Freedom user (been with them for 6 years) but I am on a old plan with 6gb of data, unlimited calling, 2000mins for roaming talk in the US and pay all in $30 a month with all my discounts.

If I had to pay anymore then what I am paying now I would drop them so fast, I have lots of dead spots in my house and most of the time data is quite slow. If it was not a buck a day for all what I am getting totally not worth it.

I could never imagine paying $65/month for a freedom plan, I think $40 would be max I would be willing to pay and then maybe not even as there are other options like public mobile.

Personally I think there plans are getting worse all the time, they trying to give you more data and stuff but their network is not there and the coverage to be honest has not improved that vastly in the 6 years I been with them and I am in Metro Vancouver.
Jul 12, 2008
100 posts
168 upvotes
Calgary
I've been with freedom for a few years now. Reception is great to spotty in certain areas of Calgary. Thankfully I have no friends and rarely ever leave Calgary so freedom is a no brainer for their price point.
Oct 14, 2004
927 posts
229 upvotes
Victoria
Does anyone have feedback regarding Freedom in the Victoria area. I don't think the pricepoint is going to beat what I can get with other paygo plans for the minimal data requirements I have for various family members. However, it would be good to know if there are any reception concerns in Victoria should it financially make sense.
Nov 30, 2016
801 posts
966 upvotes
Mississauga
jimbob12341 wrote: I am a current Freedom user (been with them for 6 years) but I am on a old plan with 6gb of data, unlimited calling, 2000mins for roaming talk in the US and pay all in $30 a month with all my discounts.

If I had to pay anymore then what I am paying now I would drop them so fast, I have lots of dead spots in my house and most of the time data is quite slow. If it was not a buck a day for all what I am getting totally not worth it.

I could never imagine paying $65/month for a freedom plan, I think $40 would be max I would be willing to pay and then maybe not even as there are other options like public mobile.

Personally I think there plans are getting worse all the time, they trying to give you more data and stuff but their network is not there and the coverage to be honest has not improved that vastly in the 6 years I been with them and I am in Metro Vancouver.
Dead spots in your house? You really should be using WiFi calling. I see your plan is old so your device might be older than 2 years and might not support VoWiFi. But if it does then there's no reason not to.
Freedom isn't for everyone, but if you happen to live in a place with great network connection outside your home and you've got a phone from Freedom that supports WiFi calling, then you can get the best Freedom has to offer.
Jul 28, 2009
474 posts
43 upvotes
This phone's battery is really bad. Otherwise decent phone.
Nov 28, 2019
229 posts
104 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Dead spots in your house? You really should be using WiFi calling. I see your plan is old so your device might be older than 2 years and might not support VoWiFi. But if it does then there's no reason not to.
Freedom isn't for everyone, but if you happen to live in a place with great network connection outside your home and you've got a phone from Freedom that supports WiFi calling, then you can get the best Freedom has to offer.
hmm, I have the moto 6 (not the plus) international version, I am not sure if it supports VoWiFi or not. I will look into that as that might help out around my house.
Nov 22, 2005
53 posts
41 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
My 2 year contract with freedom just expired this month and the improvements freedom mobile made in the last 2 years is immense (greater Vancouver area). Is freedom on par with the big 3? Not a chance, is it worth saving 20 to 30 dollars per line? For me, without doubt, absolutely. If I'm frequenting suburban, not metropolitan area, would I get freedom? Absolutely NOT, so only get it if you don't plan using outside of major metropolitan area and even then, check with your fellow RFDers
Mar 16, 2018
28 posts
22 upvotes
OP is just conveying the deal he found (not forcing any one to go and get it), Why Downvote???
You're paying 65$ including a phone released in April 2020 worth $600 which leaves you basically $40/mo for plan, either way no body is going to sell you this phone cheaply ( 3 mo. old Apple Phone),
sure freedom network has drawbacks, but every network has flaws, i have Rogers, Telus and Freedom (for kids), can tell you no network is perfect
Nov 30, 2016
801 posts
966 upvotes
Mississauga
jimbob12341 wrote: hmm, I have the moto 6 (not the plus) international version, I am not sure if it supports VoWiFi or not. I will look into that as that might help out around my house.
While the phone itself does support WiFi calling, you will not be able to use this feature on Freedom mobile as this is the international version. Canadian carriers do not allow Android phones bought from outside their network to access WiFi calling.
If you had an iPhone on the other hand...
Aug 21, 2019
328 posts
219 upvotes
BC
Dealshunter8 wrote: For a limited time, get an iPhone SE(64GB) with 20GB for only $65/month.

Original plan is $70, but with digital discount (auto pay) brings it down to $65/month on a 2 year contract.

FNF codes should be rolling out and is stackable, bringing this down to $50/month.

No expiry date yet, but most likely will be until end of August.
What makes you think new fnf codes are going to be sent out?