Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] HW Upgrade: S10 ($10/m), A10 ($0/m), XR ($10/m), XS ($19/m) and XS Max ($24/m) etc. for Existing Customers

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 4:51 am
[OP]
Mar 8, 2006
668 posts
210 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] HW Upgrade: S10 ($10/m), A10 ($0/m), XR ($10/m), XS ($19/m) and XS Max ($24/m) etc. for Existing Customers

There is already a thread to discuss various Freedom plans during the Boxing Week. I created a new thread as think this one deserves a separate thread who just want to do a hardware upgrade and are ok to stay with Freedom for 24 months. So if you want to know about Freedom plans during the Boxing Week, read and post on this thread freedom-mobile-freedom-mobile-boxing-da ... e-2341315/. If you want to know and discuss the hardware upgrade especially on S10, A10, XR, XS and XS Max, then this is the thread.

All below are $0 upfront costs.

Samsung S10 (Updated, Dec 26th)
- Your current plan must be at $50+ plan
- Tab costs: $10+tax per month. Total tab costs for 24 months: $240+tax
- Maximum saving/subsidy : $1,020

Samsung A10 (Updated, Dec 26th)
- Tab costs: $0+tax per month. Total tab costs for 24 months: $0+tax. Basically, free phone but must stay in 2 years.
- Maximum saving/subsidy : $450

iPhone XR
- Tab costs: $10+tax per month. Total tab costs for 24 months: $240+tax
- Maximum saving/subsidy : $559

iPhone XS
- Your current plan must be at $60+ plan
- Tab costs: $19+tax per month. Total tab costs for 24 months: $456+tax
- Maximum saving/subsidy : $923

iPhone XS Max
- Your current plan must be at $60+ plan
- Tab costs: $24+tax per month. Total tab costs for 24 months: $576+tax
- Maximum saving/subsidy : $943

How to get this deal:
- Just go to the Freedom store or kiosk and ask for hardware upgrade.
- You can keep your current plan as long it's met the minimum requirement.
- Every month, you pay $xx for the Tab for 24 months + $xx for your plan

You will NOT lose F&F code and still get a $5 Digital discount by doing this upgrade. If you have the legacy 35%/25% F&F code, make sure to tell the rep repeatedly not to touch your current plan and you just want a hardware upgrade.

There are also some Boxing Weeks hardware upgrade offers for other iPhones and Samsung/Android phones. I think the saving on iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro is not great. The S10 and S10+ have bigger savings, but must be on $75+ and $90+ plans. Check the link above for more Boxing Week's specials.
Last edited by fortune88 on Dec 26th, 2019 9:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
81 replies
[OP]
Mar 8, 2006
668 posts
210 upvotes
mohamade wrote: what's if I am already on a tab?
You can pay the remaining tab, if that makes senses economically e.g. just one or three months away from the end of the previous contract. You can't have more than 1 phone on tab contract for the same line.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
If you have less than 4 months remaining on the tab, call freedom. They will probably waive the remaining balance
Jun 16, 2010
82 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: If you have less than 4 months remaining on the tab, call freedom. They will probably waive the remaining balance
Going to try this, got four months on my tab remaining
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4772 posts
2832 upvotes
I have the big gig 15GB + talk and text for $85, with 35% F&F code + $5 digital discount.

I do have an iPhone XR on my current tab and still have another 12 months For that tab. I personally don’t think it’s worth paying it off to get the iPhone 11. I’ll just wait until next years iPhone and get it for a certain amount on top of my current plan. I hope they don’t make it where if you do a hardware upgrade, you lose the F&F codes on your plan.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1197 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote: I have the big gig 15GB + talk and text for $85, with 35% F&F code + $5 digital discount.

I do have an iPhone XR on my current tab and still have another 12 months For that tab. I personally don’t think it’s worth paying it off to get the iPhone 11. I’ll just wait until next years iPhone and get it for a certain amount on top of my current plan. I hope they don’t make it where if you do a hardware upgrade, you lose the F&F codes on your plan.
I heard they do remove the F&F code. So I would be cautious before upgrading. Their converting to $15 off a month.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4772 posts
2832 upvotes
Boomer23 wrote: I heard they do remove the F&F code. So I would be cautious before upgrading. Their converting to $15 off a month.
I'm getting annoyed with people telling me 3 different things, which one is it? lol
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Aug 7, 2007
926 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
unable to waive the remaining 3 months on tab
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3856 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
Sejad wrote: I'm getting annoyed with people telling me 3 different things, which one is it? lol
From what I’m told what OP stated is true. The problem is sometime reps will remove it for you while they do the upgrade... or to be exact they put in a new/current plan for you which removes the old discount. If they make any changes to your old plans/discount, they can’t undo it meaning if they touched your plan by mistake, they might just say you must have a new plan to do hardware upgrade (or some other lie) just so they won’t get in trouble/you won’t complain.

Officially if you just do a hardware upgrade, there should be no changes to your plan/monthly fee. Of course it’s possible freedom mobile changes this in the future just like how they changed the 35%/25% discount to $15 then added 24 months time limit per code.
May 19, 2017
358 posts
194 upvotes
Paigne wrote: From what I’m told what OP stated is true. The problem is sometime reps will remove it for you while they do the upgrade... or to be exact they put in a new/current plan for you which removes the old discount. If they make any changes to your old plans/discount, they can’t undo it meaning if they touched your plan by mistake, they might just say you must have a new plan to do hardware upgrade (or some other lie) just so they won’t get in trouble/you won’t complain.

Officially if you just do a hardware upgrade, there should be no changes to your plan/monthly fee. Of course it’s possible freedom mobile changes this in the future just like how they changed the 35%/25% discount to $15 then added 24 months time limit per code.
This is correct. Whatever they offer you to change/upgrade your current plan, refuse it, as the legacy 35%/25% code is far much better than the $15 off. They can’t upsell you if your current plan meets the minimum requirement for the upgrade.

I did the upgrade to iphone XS without any issue and my 35% F&F is still intact. The whole process takes less than 30 minutes. TIPS: the system at the kiosk/store can display the active F&F code in our accounts. So ask to show this before the upgrade, so they can acknowledge and confirm. Then after the upgrade, ask again and make sure see the F&F code is still active.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5535 posts
1351 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
I upgrade my line yesterday took the XR same old plan keep friends and family.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4312 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
The XS and XS Max offers great value at this price point, for a phone that will retain another 4 yrs of Apple support, heavily discounted. Tempted to pick one up, but then again my iPhone 8+ is working just fine and rather not deal with an inflated cellphone bill for the next 24 months.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1084 posts
500 upvotes
Went for the XR upgrade on my Promo 50 Everywhere w/ 35% F&F.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5535 posts
1351 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
plucky duck wrote: The XS and XS Max offers great value at this price point, for a phone that will retain another 4 yrs of Apple support, heavily discounted. Tempted to pick one up, but then again my iPhone 8+ is working just fine and rather not deal with an inflated cellphone bill for the next 24 months.
My S9+ still on his peak, but the price that I will pay and the days are running fast I ready for another upgrade. And taking advantage of friends and family carryover.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6074 posts
621 upvotes
Kanata
Does any one has the promo everywhere plan that is offered on boxing day 2 years ago? It is $50 plan but I believe at the time it is a $60 plan discounted to $50, I am not sure if it is eligible for the $60 plan device upgrade price.

Also, I remember people mention in other thread that you can get further $5 digital discount on those plans, is it true?
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10277 posts
670 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the $60 requirement before or after the F&F discount?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3856 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
Tijuana wrote: Is the $60 requirement before or after the F&F discount?
Before and that is the same for current plans and their requirements.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3856 posts
2402 upvotes
Vancouver
rivet wrote: Does any one has the promo everywhere plan that is offered on boxing day 2 years ago? It is $50 plan but I believe at the time it is a $60 plan discounted to $50, I am not sure if it is eligible for the $60 plan device upgrade price.

Also, I remember people mention in other thread that you can get further $5 digital discount on those plans, is it true?
Initially it was $60 (during iPhone pre orders) then it dropped 50 near Boxing Day for the same plan.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6074 posts
621 upvotes
Kanata
Paigne wrote: Initially it was $60 (during iPhone pre orders) then it dropped 50 near Boxing Day for the same plan.
yes, my question is really whether you can get a hardware device upgrade based on $50 plan or you can get the phone at a price that is only applicable to $60 plan, e.g. the $19/month tab price for iphone XS listed in OP. I am going to test out on Boxing day and report back if I got the answer, but if anyone knows that, please let me know. Thanks.