Expired Hot Deals

Freedom Mobile Boxing Day

iPhone 12 $50 & iPhone 13 $64 w/ Big Gig Unlimited 15GB (YMMV - Loyalty/CSR)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2022 8:19 pm
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
1043 posts
1058 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
StormJG wrote: I see ok I’m sorry to hear that, but I think you could of helped me big time. I also got a phone on a 2 year contract but after a while my phone started losing battery fast and there’s also an other issue I found so I had searched it up and it was something called burn in, since I don’t any warranty I have to pay out pocket so I decided to buy a new phone. Now I found out after the protection credit card companies give I saw certain companies offer extended warranty im not sure if I’m able to do it though
You might have to look at the fine print for your credit card contract. I think the wording varies for different companies. For example, my credit card only provides extended warranty if I charged the full amount upfront onto the card, so any device subsidies or 2 year contract plans are not eligible.
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
881 posts
403 upvotes
Angel Girl wrote: You might have to look at the fine print for your credit card contract. I think the wording varies for different companies. For example, my credit card only provides extended warranty if I charged the full amount upfront onto the card, so any device subsidies or 2 year contract plans are not eligible.
Doubles the manufacturer’s regular repair services warranty for up to an additional warranty year on eligible purchases made on your card.

Even though I didn’t buy it outright I’m not sure if walmart credit card covers 2 year contract phones and even if it did I think I can’t do warranty cause it’s saying only 1 additional it’s been more then 3 now but it is saying double I’m not sure
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1297 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
StormJG wrote: Doubles the manufacturer’s regular repair services warranty for up to an additional warranty year on eligible purchases made on your card.

Even though I didn’t buy it outright I’m not sure if walmart credit card covers 2 year contract phones and even if it did I think I can’t do warranty cause it’s saying only 1 additional it’s been more then 3 now but it is saying double I’m not sure
Pick up your phone and call them as opposed to debating it on here? It’ll save you a lot of time guessing and second guessing.
Penalty Box
Oct 12, 2021
881 posts
403 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: Pick up your phone and call them as opposed to debating it on here? It’ll save you a lot of time guessing and second guessing.
Lol I did but the person I spoke to wasn’t trained for it so she gave a number, Im gonna try today
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10514 posts
5143 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone do the cost $$$ calculations for an iphone 13 pro? How much would it cost in the end, after 24 months? I have a F&F $50 plan long time ago, ready to do an upgrade
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1554 posts
948 upvotes
Hamilton
Got the new invoice, NO $20 care/loyalty discount :(

Anyone at the same boat? Did they forgot to apply? Will they start next month or loyalty CSR simply deceived us?

Account seems OK and says Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 15 GB Care
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1297 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
Np problem here. They even waived the $45 activation fee.

Does your plan show up with the words “Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 15 Gb Care” ?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1554 posts
948 upvotes
Hamilton
dpw198 wrote: Np problem here. They even waived the $45 activation fee.

Does your plan show up with the words “Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 15 Gb Care” ?
Yes, as shown at my earlier post, it says Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 15 Gb Care.

Last time when this thread started, I spent over an hour via chat to get loyalty discount, I'll not do it again :(
I'm a customer since 2010 :(
Wish I switched to other carriers that were offering $30-$35 plans at that time.
time to say goodbye?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1554 posts
948 upvotes
Hamilton
HamsiBrain wrote: Yes, as shown at my earlier post, it says Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 15 Gb Care.

Last time when this thread started, I spent over an hour via chat to get loyalty discount, I'll not do it again :(
I'm a customer since 2010 :(
Wish I switched to other carriers that were offering $30-$35 plans at that time.
time to say goodbye?
Contacted FM CSRs, they acknowledged the error, apologized and resolved the problem. I checked my account and confirmed the reviewed bill. Crossing my fingers for upcoming invoices and hope all will be alright.