Iphone 12 Offer YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2021 3:31 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
15 posts
7 upvotes

Iphone 12 Offer YMMV

I got a letter in the mail to renew another 2 years my existing plan of $55 for FREE Iphone 12.

I don't see this deal/phone on their website for Absolute Zero promotion. There are other phones only.

I don't think I can get a better deal when my current contract end in August.
23 replies
May 22, 2009
656 posts
1292 upvotes
Canada
k9cheung wrote: I got a letter in the mail to renew another 2 years my existing plan of $55 for FREE Iphone 12.

I don't see this deal/phone on their website for Absolute Zero promotion. There are other phones only.

I don't think I can get a better deal when my current contract end in August.
This sounds like a pretty good deal. Could you give more details as to what your plan is? Did you buy a phone, byod? Was it an absolute zero promo to begin with? This would help others to give them a heads up as to compare or what to expect after 2 years.
-
[OP]
Oct 27, 2012
15 posts
7 upvotes
pwned.u wrote: This sounds like a pretty good deal. Could you give more details as to what your plan is? Did you buy a phone, byod? Was it an absolute zero promo to begin with? This would help others to give them a heads up as to compare or what to expect after 2 years.
I ported my number from Roger from Mobile Shop to Freedom to get FREE Iphone XR 2 years ago, that deal is in RFD too. The plan is actually 15gb with unlimited texts/calls which is $80. I had $20 discount on the plan when i signed up and $5 discount for going digital. Ends up to be $55. Hope $20 discounts stays when i renew now, I will go to the store to find out more.
May 22, 2009
656 posts
1292 upvotes
Canada
k9cheung wrote: I ported my number from Roger from Mobile Shop to Freedom to get FREE Iphone XR 2 years ago, that deal is in RFD too. The plan is actually 15gb with unlimited texts/calls which is $80. I had $20 discount on the plan when i signed up and $5 discount for going digital. Ends up to be $55. Hope $20 discounts stays when i renew now, I will go to the store to find out more.
Thanks for that info. I doubt I'll get an offer like that as I did not get a free phone when I originally signed up. I am also on a cheaper monthly plan while also paying off my phone on a monthly tab. I still have another year to go anyways and if they don't offer a deal I can always switch carriers.
-
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
My brother just received this text message from Freedom.
Freedom Mobile Exclusive Offer: upgrade early with this special Absolute Zero iPhone 11 offer, just for you.

We'll clear your remaining contract at no extra cost, so you can get iPhone 11 today for $0 upfront, $0 extra monthly, and $0 extra after two years. Enjoy your new phone, current plan and no changes to your monthly payments.

Upgrade in-store or call us at 1-877-946-3184 between 10AM to 11PM EST, Monday - Friday, 10AM to 9PM EST, Saturday and Sunday.

Savings will automatically be applied to your bill. Limited time offer, eligible on a new MyTab. Conditions apply. Taxes extra.
To stop receiving exclusive offers, click here:
Not that hot because of iPhone 11, if it's a 12 hot deal. BTW they have the XR and got it from the deal PORT in from Rogers and Fido deal last 2019.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Dec 10, 2012
560 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
I m in the exact same boat in terms of contract. Hope i get something in the mail then.
Nov 28, 2013
20 posts
4 upvotes
I got the letter in mail, phone is absolute zero and no change in plan. Only things is , soon port-in credit will be over for people who got XR couple of year back and after that it will be a plan on regular price.
Sep 30, 2012
231 posts
29 upvotes
Vaughan
does anyone know what type of iphone 12 it is. how many GB version i mean. i got the same letter but havent called back yet.

i hope it's 128 GB
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1299 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So where are those anti-2 year contract people saying how contracts/tabs are bad and that you pay for the phone anyways one way or another?
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10830 posts
2548 upvotes
did i screw myself over with no-mailing request? :(
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10811 posts
4224 upvotes
A reminder that iPhone 11/12 support e sim and freedom does too. Would be wise to do e sim so you have. Your main sim free for travelling.

Only thing is if you swap phones with e sim you need to go in store.

I’m not using freedom for data but the hard sim + e sim is nice and iPhone makes working with two numbers seemless
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
21152 posts
6083 upvotes
Scarberia
GangStarr wrote: A reminder that iPhone 11/12 support e sim and freedom does too. Would be wise to do e sim so you have. Your main sim free for travelling.

Only thing is if you swap phones with e sim you need to go in store.

I’m not using freedom for data but the hard sim + e sim is nice and iPhone makes working with two numbers seemless
+1. This is where Iphones kill the Sammy s21s! ESim available at freedom mobile.. My 2 yr contract is up jan2022 tho. Hopefully I'll get some phone deal maybe iph12 pro max.. FM usually waves the remaining tab contract left
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 6, 2020
51 posts
85 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
AnkurA954 wrote: I got the letter in mail, phone is absolute zero and no change in plan. Only things is , soon port-in credit will be over for people who got XR couple of year back and after that it will be a plan on regular price.
Any more information about the port-in credit?
Jul 11, 2016
44 posts
58 upvotes
Waterloo
I've been with Freedom for 4 years and my iPhone 11 Pro is only 2 months left on the term. Wonder if they will give me any promos. My plan is way too good, so doubtful.
Sep 10, 2012
917 posts
665 upvotes
Saskatoon
canadianquestion wrote: I've been with Freedom for 4 years and my iPhone 11 Pro is only 2 months left on the term. Wonder if they will give me any promos. My plan is way too good, so doubtful.
What’s your plan?
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
My contract is about to expire and I want to downgrade to $65 monthly plan. Does anyone know if you retain the family discount if you downgrade?
Jul 11, 2016
44 posts
58 upvotes
Waterloo
squint72 wrote: What’s your plan?
Its back when they had $50 for 10GB data, 500mb Away data, unlimited talk and text plus I have friends & family discount, so after tax it's $43 for the plan.

Okay, just checked their BYOP plans and I don't have an amazing plan... A while back it seemed great, but now with all of these Bonus data plans, it seems good but not great.
May 25, 2008
197 posts
121 upvotes
Mississauga
I am on a big gig unlimited for 15 gig 2 roaming and then got a 10 gig promo addon free later and pay $55 for ($20 off then the $5 digital discount).

I was offered the iPhone 12 free with a $75 plan and a $150 bill credit over 15 months with an $80 plan.

I really don't want to pay more for my plan as this would mean I need to take the $80 plan I am on and get $10 off for just 15 months and then the $5 discount.

They would pay off the $80 I have left on the plan and then the $45 activation fee.

Your deal was slightly better
Dec 1, 2017
86 posts
43 upvotes
ottawa
The letter is pretty much a lie. I states in back page fine print. On a 75$ plan.

We have lines at 55$ after 25$ discounts.... So they would let me keep my 80$ plan obviously. The question is weather or not they will keep giving the 25$ discount. So that my bill truely stays as it as they slickly advertise in the letter..

Please if anyone gets the iphon12 and maintains the 55 play let us know. Mobile shop when I asked said they where unable to get that price when they tried