• Oct 24th, 2020 3:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1023 posts
1678 upvotes
Alberta

[Freedom Mobile] iPhone 12 Pro - $0 upfront, $360 discount

iPhone 12 Pro 128GB, save $360 with $55+ plan.
$0 upfront, $45/mo, $1080 total (24-mo term).
Plans from $55/19GB (autopay).
Includes 10GB data bonus.

iPhone 12 64GB discounted $312, total $840.
$0/$35 tab on $55+ plans.

https://www.freedommobile.ca

Last edited by pjw918 on Oct 24th, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
56 replies
Aug 1, 2018
24 posts
67 upvotes
Last year it had a better deal on the iPhone 11 Pro Max.

It was $679 off over 24 mons (Freedom pays $28.29 per month) with $0 up front, and you pay $35 per month.
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-10-23 120759.jpg
Aug 17, 2020
16 posts
12 upvotes
end of 2 year period you paid
$840 on iphone 12.
$1080 on iphone 12 pro

$1129 outright at apple on 12

not sure how much discounts on BYOD plans, instead lock you for 2 yrs with Freedom network
Banned
Oct 22, 2020
26 posts
5 upvotes
probably a better deal coming in black Friday or boxing day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1023 posts
1678 upvotes
Alberta
CanRoot wrote: end of 2 year period you paid
$840 on iphone 12.
$1129 outright at apple on 12
not sure how much discounts on BYOD plans, instead lock you for 2 yrs with Freedom network
If you don't want to be locked into interest-free financing and $55/19GB for 24-mo, buy outright from Apple for $289 more.
Nov 30, 2016
972 posts
1258 upvotes
Mississauga
redflagdealsguy wrote: Is Freedom killing it this holiday season? Asking for a friend.
I would say yes.
rockxxxlee wrote: Freedom’s signal sucks
Speak for yourself. I was with FM from February 2019 until last month. Signal quality was stellar. I've heard people say they missed calls, I have no experience of that.
I moved my line over to Telus last month because I could capitalize on the Multi-line discounts+Winback offer to bring my plan down to $30/25GB.

Even though I am no longer a freedom subscriber, I am not going to come in here and bad mouth them because
1. I had a reliable experience with them
2. My current plan was only possible because of the competition FM brought to the Canadian Telecom space.

If their network sucks for you, that's sad, but this isn't the case for everyone.
Aug 1, 2018
24 posts
67 upvotes
pjw918 wrote: Last year. Black Friday week I'm guessing, going by the 13 months left in your tab.
What was your $plan/GB ?
It was a $80 plan, but I had a F&F code. It brings down the plan to $55 for 15GB unlimited. ($80 plan - $5 digital discount enrolment - $15 F&F promo - $5 Rate Plan Discount Promo).
Images
  • Screenshot 2020-10-23 124112.jpg
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10370 posts
1682 upvotes
In before freedom haters get there...

I’ve been with freedom for over 3 years. No issue so far (Toronto) and even pretty good signal when I traveled to Quebec (used nationawide data).

However 45-35 dollars monthly tab is nuts! How are you guys doing it? I snagged iPhone 11 for $10 tab last year and that I think is fair. Damn phones are getting stupidly expensive
Dec 15, 2019
380 posts
1073 upvotes
Markham
I signed up for the $70/m for iphone 11, 20gb 24 months
back then the 20gb plan was 60 so i look at it as $10/m or $240 for iphone 11, which was amazing

to be fair and honest, Freedom is not the best definitely, but is a lot better than when it was Wind.
I live in York Region and I get signal 95+% of places I go.
Dec 17, 2018
153 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Minimo07 wrote: I signed up for the $70/m for iphone 11, 20gb 24 months
back then the 20gb plan was 60 so i look at it as $10/m or $240 for iphone 11, which was amazing

to be fair and honest, Freedom is not the best definitely, but is a lot better than when it was Wind.
I live in York Region and I get signal 95+% of places I go.

Thanks for sharing. I am in the same area. Currently with Fido, frustrated with the signal drop issue, planning to switch next week.
How's the call quality overall?
Nov 3, 2010
828 posts
746 upvotes
kyoxxx wrote: Thanks for sharing. I am in the same area. Currently with Fido, frustrated with the signal drop issue, planning to switch next week.
if you're frustrated with Fido's signal reception I don't think switching to Freedom is going to do you any favors
Dec 15, 2019
380 posts
1073 upvotes
Markham
kyoxxx wrote: Thanks for sharing. I am in the same area. Currently with Fido, frustrated with the signal drop issue, planning to switch next week.
I dont have call issues. In my office, at home, in car handsfree phone calls, all fine. But I can't guarantee you will face the same. A lot of basements are bad, but i suppose all carriers would be bad.
If my call signals suck, so does my wife's, whose with Bell.

The only major differences is found in downtown Toronto which I dont go at all anymore almost.

I remmeber they used to have some 14-days worry free trial, ask if they still have that. you'd only be charged prorated if not nothing at all.
Last edited by Minimo07 on Oct 23rd, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 13, 2017
591 posts
547 upvotes
have been with Freedom for 3 years and very rarely have issues. And that could happen with any of the providers. But I also live in Hamilton so maybe that's just a good area for them,

As was mentioned you might want to wait until Black Friday to see what deals they have, especially if you want the pro. Last year I got the 11 Pro on promo. Pay $15 on the tab each month and Freedom pays $42.46.

My plan was $85 a month with $5 off for the digital discount and $15 off for the F&F discount. I ended up paying the same as I was for my iPhone X with tab so it made sense to switch.
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 3.15.13 PM.png
Dec 17, 2018
153 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Minimo07 wrote: I dont have call issues. In my office, at home, in car handsfree phone calls, all fine. But I can't guarantee you will face the same. A lot of basements are bad, but i suppose all carriers would be bad.
If my call signals suck, so does my wife's, whose with Bell.

The only major differences is found in downtown Toronto which I dont go at all anymore almost.

I remmeber they used to have some 14-days worry free trial, ask if they still have that. you'd only be charged prorated if not nothing at all.
Thank you for sharing this. My home office is on the 2nd floor, I think it should be fine lol.
But I will check with them for the 14-day trial next week. Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1243 posts
674 upvotes
Waterloo
Ambushes wrote:
if you're frustrated with Fido's signal reception I don't think switching to Freedom is going to do you any favors
I can’t speak for York, but in Waterloo I get a fast, consistent signal and calls on VoLTE are clear.

Freedom also has wifi calling support so if you’ve got a good wifi signal you’re golden, regardless of whether you’re in coverage or not.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4919 posts
3906 upvotes
Edmonton
Posting this again for others

I stayed with Freedom for 6 years. Service in Calgary and Edmonton was great, roaming in between the two cities was useless. There was no freedom network, but it would not roam properly enough to actually make a call or use data. Tried it on multiple phones.

In Ottawa service is average, dead in a few areas, normal in others. For instance there is essentially zero signal in half Moon Bay area.

In GTA it was overall below average compared to big 3, but usable.

If you have a good signal in the area you frequent, I can fully recommend freedom. Their customer service is good, they never over billed in 6 years and they gave me good deals every two years when tab ended. In Alberta access to all the Shaw/Freedom wi-fi is a plus.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 30, 2016
972 posts
1258 upvotes
Mississauga
kyoxxx wrote: Thank you for sharing this. My home office is on the 2nd floor, I think it should be fine lol.
But I will check with them for the 14-day trial next week. Thanks again.
If your worry is about indoor coverage, look into VoWiFi. Check to see if your phone supports it, and your work/home WiFi does not block it.
it makes a huge difference