Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] iPhone 12 Pro - $0 upfront, $360 discount

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 3:03 pm
Oct 13, 2017
497 posts
474 upvotes
have been with Freedom for 3 years and very rarely have issues. And that could happen with any of the providers. But I also live in Hamilton so maybe that's just a good area for them,

As was mentioned you might want to wait until Black Friday to see what deals they have, especially if you want the pro. Last year I got the 11 Pro on promo. Pay $15 on the tab each month and Freedom pays $42.46.

My plan was $85 a month with $5 off for the digital discount and $15 off for the F&F discount. I ended up paying the same as I was for my iPhone X with tab so it made sense to switch.
Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 3.15.13 PM.png
Dec 17, 2018
87 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Minimo07 wrote: I dont have call issues. In my office, at home, in car handsfree phone calls, all fine. But I can't guarantee you will face the same. A lot of basements are bad, but i suppose all carriers would be bad.
If my call signals suck, so does my wife's, whose with Bell.

The only major differences is found in downtown Toronto which I dont go at all anymore almost.

I remmeber they used to have some 14-days worry free trial, ask if they still have that. you'd only be charged prorated if not nothing at all.
Thank you for sharing this. My home office is on the 2nd floor, I think it should be fine lol.
But I will check with them for the 14-day trial next week. Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1224 posts
654 upvotes
Waterloo
Ambushes wrote:
if you're frustrated with Fido's signal reception I don't think switching to Freedom is going to do you any favors
I can’t speak for York, but in Waterloo I get a fast, consistent signal and calls on VoLTE are clear.

Freedom also has wifi calling support so if you’ve got a good wifi signal you’re golden, regardless of whether you’re in coverage or not.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4774 posts
3531 upvotes
Edmonton
Posting this again for others

I stayed with Freedom for 6 years. Service in Calgary and Edmonton was great, roaming in between the two cities was useless. There was no freedom network, but it would not roam properly enough to actually make a call or use data. Tried it on multiple phones.

In Ottawa service is average, dead in a few areas, normal in others. For instance there is essentially zero signal in half Moon Bay area.

In GTA it was overall below average compared to big 3, but usable.

If you have a good signal in the area you frequent, I can fully recommend freedom. Their customer service is good, they never over billed in 6 years and they gave me good deals every two years when tab ended. In Alberta access to all the Shaw/Freedom wi-fi is a plus.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga
kyoxxx wrote: Thank you for sharing this. My home office is on the 2nd floor, I think it should be fine lol.
But I will check with them for the 14-day trial next week. Thanks again.
If your worry is about indoor coverage, look into VoWiFi. Check to see if your phone supports it, and your work/home WiFi does not block it.
it makes a huge difference
Aug 21, 2016
307 posts
444 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So considering Freedom data is pretty much useless within an hour outside a major city, you just need to find a plan which is less than $40 and it will be cheaper to buy the phone from elsewhere.

There is the loss you'll make on the money you'd otherwise pay monthly, but if you buy the phone outright your warranty could be doubled by your CC.
RFD Effect Is Real
Dec 17, 2018
87 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gangsta101 wrote: If your worry is about indoor coverage, look into VoWiFi. Check to see if your phone supports it, and your work/home WiFi does not block it.
it makes a huge difference
Thanks for the suggestion.
I have an iPhone 8. But even with Wifi calling under Fido, my call sometimes will drop or turn into noises. My router is tp-link c2300 sitting only 1 meter away from me. This has been on and off for 1+ years.
Fido can't even solve it. Every time I call and complain, they just reboot my service/card.
Jul 21, 2005
125 posts
71 upvotes
they did a similar deal for the XS series, 0$ upfront 50$/mo tab on plants over 50$
Aug 17, 2018
195 posts
113 upvotes
Ambushes wrote: if you're frustrated with Fido's signal reception I don't think switching to Freedom is going to do you any favors
Not necessarily... I've had more random call drops with full signal on fido for years, and later with rogers. On average definitely more than past 2 years with freedom.
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga
kyoxxx wrote: Thanks for the suggestion.
I have an iPhone 8. But even with Wifi calling under Fido, my call sometimes will drop or turn into noises. My router is tp-link c2300 sitting only 1 meter away from me. This has been on and off for 1+ years.
Fido can't even solve it. Every time I call and complain, they just reboot my service/card.
Thanks for this feedback. I wasn't aware folks were having this issue. you learn new things every day.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4749 posts
1403 upvotes
Ottawa
5G on Freedom, I don’t even trust my freedom 4G.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4749 posts
1403 upvotes
Ottawa
My 10 years freedom phone number get 20 scam calls from all of the world everyday, that’s scary.
Oct 27, 2008
22 posts
2 upvotes
Terrace
I have been with Freedom for some time here in Victoria. One aspect that is super sweet, as you drive out of Victoria toward Port Renfrew... there is no Telus, Rogers but Freedom picks up the american towers and keeps working.... very cool and handy. I don't get dropped calls at all and even though on my esim is virgin, I would say the Freedom is better in Victoria. Now with the negative, the tech support is a joke and I still can't take advantage of shaw hotspots even though I know what the problem is they can't fix it! Lastly to end on a positive note, my iWatch works with Shaw and is assigned another number so that is cool....
Dec 17, 2018
87 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ambushes wrote: if you're frustrated with Fido's signal reception I don't think switching to Freedom is going to do you any favors
hmmm, I was thinking about Koodo, but then I saw this deal. Thats why...
Dec 17, 2018
87 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto, ON
grca73 wrote: Not necessarily... I've had more random call drops with full signal on fido for years, and later with rogers. On average definitely more than past 2 years with freedom.
Yeah, my current situation is the same.
That's encouraging. I am gonna check with one of the FD kiosks next week to see if there is a trial thing.
Thanks for sharing.