Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] iPhone 12 Pro - $0 upfront, $360 discount

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 3:03 pm
Newbie
Oct 22, 2020
1 posts
I've been with Freedom for a while, since Wind. It was good service and connection until recently. The customer service is beyond terrible now. To spare a boring story, I am switching providers ASAP. You will be lied to and ignored once they get you signed up.
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 12, 2020
30 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Good ol' Freedom Mobile.
Never going to make the same mistake again.
Images
  • 1.jpg
Be hungry, be humble.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1658 upvotes
Alberta
Can't blame RBT shareholders or the never-Freedom brigade for feeling a little insecure these days.
Deals coming out of the Big 3 demonstrate how seriously they take Freedom.

For objective feedback on service currently in your specific area, look to present-day Freedom users, here or on the subreddit.
And there's the no-risk, 15-day trial option.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/network-coverage
Images
  • 1Q20subs.png
Last edited by pjw918 on Oct 23rd, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Oct 22, 2020
86 posts
11 upvotes
rockxxxlee wrote: Freedom’s signal sucks
Really? I was thinking of trying it for my daughter. It is really for emergency and mostly texting
Sr. Member
Jul 28, 2007
750 posts
1185 upvotes
Calgary
CheekiBreeki wrote: Good ol' Freedom Mobile.
Never going to make the same mistake again.
I mean I think Freedom is pretty dicey but a % area covered chart is essentially meaningless. You should only use Freedom if you live in an urban centre where Freedom operates, and you don't travel outside of that zone very much.

If there was any way to compare signal strength/reliability within the offered zones that would be much more helpful. Anecdotally Freedom is less reliable than other networks (and this has been my experience as well), but you can never really say for sure without experiencing it yourself.
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 12, 2020
30 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Dunderhead wrote: I mean I think Freedom is pretty dicey but a % area covered chart is essentially meaningless. You should only use Freedom if you live in an urban centre where Freedom operates, and you don't travel outside of that zone very much.

If there was any way to compare signal strength/reliability within the offered zones that would be much more helpful. Anecdotally Freedom is less reliable than other networks (and this has been my experience as well), but you can never really say for sure without experiencing it yourself.
I was with freedom for 1.5 years. By far, by faaaaaar, the worst cellular provider.
Be hungry, be humble.
Jr. Member
Oct 4, 2019
114 posts
160 upvotes
Can I buy the deal and cancel and pay the device balance and save some money?
Have to agree with others about their quality of service. It's pretty bad while travelling outside GTA.
Sr. Member
Jul 28, 2007
750 posts
1185 upvotes
Calgary
CheekiBreeki wrote: I was with freedom for 1.5 years. By far, by faaaaaar, the worst cellular provider.
I agree, but your chart is like comparing a 7-11 to three WalMart supercentres. A 7-11 only offers a few items for specific use cases... WalMarts offer everything you can possibly think of.

No one should be signing up for Freedom expecting it to have a wide coverage area. You would hope that it has good coverage where you live. (It didn't for me.)
Newbie
Jan 18, 2011
23 posts
11 upvotes
mississauga
I signed up through loyalty for $85 for 19gb (15+4) with 1gb nationwide + iphone 12 pro $0 down.
Telus Can-US Talk, text and 15gb - $55
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1010 posts
1658 upvotes
Alberta
CheekiBreeki wrote: I was with freedom for 1.5 years. By far, by faaaaaar, the worst cellular provider.
One good thing about the historical anecdotes, they remind us how far the network has come.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1090 upvotes
Mississauga
pjw918 wrote: Can't blame RBT shareholders or the never-Freedom brigade for feeling a little insecure these days.
Deals coming out of the Big 3 demonstrate how seriously they take Freedom.

For objective feedback on service currently in your specific area, look to present-day Freedom users, here or on the subreddit.
And there's the no-risk, 15-day trial option.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/network-coverage
LOL.

With every new deal from Freedom, a few CEOs are having nightmare. Those subscriber numbers are steadily dropping lower
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2018
589 posts
814 upvotes
Langley BC
If you want to be with freedom and also get an iPhone 12 you would be way better off just getting the 20gig iPhone 11 deal for $60. Sell the iPhone 11 for $800 and put that towards you iphone 12. Of course this would make you have to shell out more $$ at the start but you would be saving a bunch of $$ over the term of your contract.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1279 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just checked Rogers corp EPP, $400 discount on 12 Pro, and $500 on 12 on the $56/5G plan. I guess the $0 on base model iphone days are long gone since Xr...
Or maybe there is a better discount on 12 mini later?

I am not surprised at all that Rogers is losing a lot of consumers. Even though their network is so overloaded in downtown Toronto, they still lead in corp and govt contracts.
Freedom still has a long way to catch up and it is probably never their plan to have a full national network anyway.
Member
Aug 16, 2020
209 posts
27 upvotes
DonM28020 wrote: If you want to be with freedom and also get an iPhone 12 you would be way better off just getting the 20gig iPhone 11 deal for $60. Sell the iPhone 11 for $800 and put that towards you iphone 12. Of course this would make you have to shell out more $$ at the start but you would be saving a bunch of $$ over the term of your contract.
Who will buy iphone 11 in $800 when apple store price is $850.. Or even if $900 with tax etc?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)