Hot Deals

Locked: [Freedom Mobile] iPhone 8/8+/X starting at $0 Plus $15+/mo MyTab Boost for 24 months on current $50+ plans*, sales start Dec 8th

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 9:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26978 posts
6421 upvotes
GTHA

[Freedom Mobile] iPhone 8/8+/X starting at $0 Plus $15+/mo MyTab Boost for 24 months on current $50+ plans*, sales start Dec 8th

Link: https://wwwv.freedommobile.ca/iphone

To get the iPhone 8 64GB for $0 up front with a $569 MyTab Bonus on a plan with 10GB of data for $65/month, you must activate a new service or upgrade your phone to an iPhone 8 and sign up on our Big Gig $50 plan with a $15/month MyTab Boost payment on a 24 month service agreement.

To get the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB for $0 up front with a $459 MyTab Bonus, you must activate a new service or upgrade your phone on a current in-market $50 and up plan with the $25/month MyTab Boost payment on a 24 month services agreement.

To get the iPhone X 64GB for $0 up front with a $479 MyTab Bonus, you must activate a new service or upgrade your phone on a current in-market $90 and up plan with the $35/month MyTab Boost payment on a 24 month services agreement.

from http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/shaw/freed ... 8-pricing/
Last edited by tk1000 on Oct 16th, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Share:
1045 replies
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
Ok so I would like to share my bit of experience using Freedom mobile on an iPhone 7 plus. First, I have been using Samsung S8+ on Freedom network and though it is certified to be a LTE Band66 phone I still had those odd missed calls. Sometimes the internet would work very slow on LTE network. But now that I got an iPhone 7 plus, let me say, it is amazing on it. Calls are crystal clear, and the data is fantastic (even though it only uses 3G, since Freedom still hasn't started much compatibility for LTE on Band 4 which iPhone uses). Once Freedom rolls out their other LTE bands projects next year, then who knows, skies the limit!

So in a nutshell, this post is to advise anyone who is wanting to go to Freedom but are using an unlocked iPhone.. Just do it! It's worth it.
Sep 23, 2013
264 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm glad it's working out for you. I just hope the RFD community is kind to you. Any time someone even mentions this company, there's instant downvotes.

I signed up with freedom in the summer due to a good rate plan and came in with realistic expectations of spotty coverage and slow (but good enough) data. For my usage, I was ok with it given the savings.

I don't have anything bad to say about freedom. I really don't. The money Shaw is putting into it and the speed at which they are upgrading their network is nothing short of amazing.

I recently changed to v30 and with lte and wifi calling am really loving my situation.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
hartzfizzo wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:43 pm
I'm glad it's working out for you. I just hope the RFD community is kind to you. Any time someone even mentions this company, there's instant downvotes.

I signed up with freedom in the summer due to a good rate plan and came in with realistic expectations of spotty coverage and slow (but good enough) data. For my usage, I was ok with it given the savings.

I don't have anything bad to say about freedom. I really don't. The money Shaw is putting into it and the speed at which they are upgrading their network is nothing short of amazing.

I recently changed to v30 and with lte and wifi calling am really loving my situation.
That's great man, and I just wanted to share my 2 cents. Like you, I was hesitant as well, until I tried them. I was on Fido's network all this time, and honestly after switching to freedom, it's the same speed if not better at times. Really don't care if anyone on here wanted to roast me for my post, but I wanted to share my experience using Freedom with an iPhone. So anyone who wants to give them a shot with an unlocked iPhone, now's the time.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2811 posts
281 upvotes
Edmonton
I agree. Both of my iPhone 8 and X work wonderfully with Freedom.

I understand it is location dependent but where I'm.at and where I work, I have some really good LTE coverage. Other areas that need improved reception, I'm sure they will get better in time with the kind of network upgrades they've been doing. Hope they get VoLTE and WiFi calling on the iPhones soon
Sep 23, 2013
264 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
casperr wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:49 am
I agree. Both of my iPhone 8 and X work wonderfully with Freedom.

I understand it is location dependent but where I'm.at and where I work, I have some really good LTE coverage. Other areas that need improved reception, I'm sure they will get better in time with the kind of network upgrades they've been doing. Hope they get VoLTE and WiFi calling on the iPhones soon
So the new iPhones do in fact run lte no problem on freedom, eh? I was reading articles here and there about some incompatibility issues and constant switching between lte and 3g. If it's all good, this would be welcome news for my family members who also switched to fm who are considering the 8 or the x.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2811 posts
281 upvotes
Edmonton
Yes I used iPhone 8 first and no issues whatsoever.

Now the 8 is with Public Mobile and I now use the X for Freedom Mobile and same, works awesome with LTE.

The iPhones that have issues with it are those with qualcomm modems but you don't have to worry as Canada only sells those 8 and Xs with Intel modems
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26978 posts
6421 upvotes
GTHA
According to @Homer001, iPhone pre order should start next week
Homer001 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 11:37 pm
To thread hijack a bit my freedom guy said iPhone pre order should start next week for freedom.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2811 posts
281 upvotes
Edmonton
Interesting, I hope this really happens to heat up the competition
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1223 posts
65 upvotes
if they market the new iphones with the new LTE they can definitely gain a large amount of subscribers moving forward.
Feb 13, 2015
895 posts
132 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I’ve also been using an iPhone 8+ for the past month on Freedom. Been using it in the states aswell with Freedoms roaming. No problems here.
Feb 11, 2007
730 posts
229 upvotes
https://www.google.ca/amp/business.fina ... pfront/amp

It looks like Freedom mobile will be selling the new iPhones for $0 on a 2 year tab (the article says contract) on Friday. There is nothing on their website and I don't know if this has been posted already. Just thought I would share.

Edit:
Thanks to MaverickHHH for the link
https://www.freedommobile.ca/iphone
Last edited by jayp_1 on Nov 22nd, 2017 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 11, 2007
730 posts
229 upvotes
It looks like it is December 8th and not this Friday. This should probably be moved from the Black Friday deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2605 posts
219 upvotes
Calgary
"$110 per month for the iPhone X."
Uh no.
Sep 23, 2013
264 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Iphones officially being rolled out Dec 8 on Freedom. Preorders start this Friday.

Globe and Mail Article

Where it gets really interesting is that you can go 0 down. For an example of Freedom's pricing, it says the iPhone X with 256 GB of storage will be available for $0 down on a monthly contract of $60 for service, plus a monthly payment of $50 for the device, or $110 in total. By the end of a two-year contract, the subscriber would have paid $1,200 for the smartphone, a discount of $329 off the outright cost to buy the device, which is $1,529.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)