Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

LAST DAY Aug 26!! Freedom $55 for 20GB LTE and iPhone XR/Galaxy S10e + 100k PCO Points (Rogers/Fido Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 11:35 pm
Apr 23, 2014
991 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bonniehf wrote: Just did this at TMS at Metrotown, Burnaby BC. It’s the $80 plan -$20 - $5 digital discount = $55/mth for 18Gb. You can either choose iPhone XR or S10e. Got 100k+ 50k pts. Originally they said it was only 100k pts and then I asked about the $50 credit for accessories and the rep said he can try to apply 50k for accessories. It worked and then I just told him none of the accessories took my fancy and just kept the pts.
bro you got looted. i got 200k pts.

but no accessories bs
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
The 3GB bonus data addon is there as a 'back-pocket' offer for the $75+ plans. It's up to you to ask for it if it's not offered.
Knowing about it is why you come to RFD.
Dec 21, 2011
321 posts
259 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Not so start a fire here but here I go anyway.

Went to The Mobile Shop Lawblaws Etobicoke and got this deal.
Went as Follows:

$80 -$5 (auto pay) - $20 (24 month) = $55
iPhone XR 64 gig FREE

DATA 15gig + 3gig Bonus
( I WAS TOLD THE 2gig Roaming was including of the 15gb)
After going to the Freedom Store, they told me it was +2gb roaming making it a total Data package of 20gb.
I have conflicting info on this.
( Feel Free to Comment)

FYI
PC Points was only 200K = $200 in Free Groceries
Was told that ONLY the Samsung S9 qualified for the extra 100k points as being a 2 year old phone.

I was unable to get a FF discount code however =, I have another line to port if anyone has a FF code ?
** Thank you on advance **
Yes this is still a good deal.

Can anyone confirm the validity of this deal I got or was it incorrect ?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Thumperdude wrote: Not so start a fire here but here I go anyway.

Went as Follows:

iPhone XR 64 gig FREE

DATA 15gig + 3gig Bonus
After going to the Freedom Store, they told me it was +2gb roaming making it a total Data package of 20gb.
( Feel Free to Comment)

FYI
Was told that ONLY the Samsung S9 qualified for the extra 100k points as being a 2 year old phone.

I was unable to get a FF discount code however =, I have another line to port if anyone has a FF code ?

Everything looks good. 2gb roaming is in addition.
20gb total. You can check online in your account

The $55 plan doesn't work with FF code
Apr 24, 2007
3 posts
I just got this deal at TMS in the Richmond, BC Superstore. 200,000 PC points and free iPhone XR 64 gb.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4639 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
My rogers contract($56 for 5GB data and unlimited NA calls) will be expired on Mar 1st, 2020, hopefully, there is a similar or even better deal at the time. Let's see what is the next-gen of XR looks like on Sep 10th.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
chrisguy wrote: What happens to your phone number if you port from Fido to Freedom, then decide within 15 days to return the Freedom mobile phone?
RiftOfChaos wrote: Would u lose ur number unless u accept Fido winback?
1) If you want to keep your number port it out, that will automatically cancel the service.
2) To cancel the phone contract without obligation, return the phone within 15 days in as-new condition, with less than 50% of the plan data used.

If you cancel without porting out, the number goes back to Rogers' number pool (if that's where it originated), and sits there for 90 days before being available for re-assignment. If you have a Rogers/Fido account to which the number was assigned previously, they can pull it back for you within those 90 days (via the porting team I believe; did it twice on the Telus network).
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1397 posts
86 upvotes
Can we pay extra to upgrade to an iPhone XS or 128 gb XR (does freedom even carry this)?

Can I go to any the mobile shop (at loblaws) or does it have to be Superstore for the 200k points?
Sep 29, 2013
203 posts
176 upvotes
NORTH YORK
kimbot wrote: Can we pay extra to upgrade to an iPhone XS or 128 gb XR (does freedom even carry this)?

Can I go to any the mobile shop (at loblaws) or does it have to be Superstore for the 200k points?
You can. You pay the Tab equivalent for the device based on the $80 rate plan. (ie. iPhone Xs is a $24 tab. So $55+$24; iPhone will be $0 up front). Also Xr 128/256 is OOS in most locations.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
1572 posts
1128 upvotes
GTA
Thumperdude wrote: Not so start a fire here but here I go anyway.

Went as Follows:

iPhone XR 64 gig FREE

DATA 15gig + 3gig Bonus
( Feel Free to Comment)

FYI

Always check your contacts it's indicated on the paper.
F&F
Freedom $32/53gb
Fido $40/75gb + 30gb bonus = 105gb
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
It doesn't have to be the $55/20GB and an iPhone XR.
That plan ($80/15GB) also qualifies for the S10e and LG G8.
The next level up gets $70/30GB(!), and qualifies for a $0/$0 Note 9.

Tip: If they don't have the phone you want, you can still activate service, port-in, and get the $20 x 24mo promo.
You can go to another store that has your phone to do the device agreement separately.
The Absolutely $0 phone deal is on till Aug 31.
Dec 21, 2011
321 posts
259 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Yes, thanks for the reply.
The 2 gig is there.
Calls it " Network Roaming " I don't believe t Staff knee 2 staff didn't know what they were talking about at TMS.
Aug 17, 2018
354 posts
241 upvotes
reeepo wrote: Yeah if you want to go back to my post history, then you would have noticed that I in fact did NOT get a F&F discount - the rep lied to me to get the sign up.
Well now at least you know that f&f will be shown right there on your contract during signup, so that next rep can't lie to you.
Anyways, those that can't decide what's better f&f or this promo. Choose f&f. It is same price for same thing ($80-25%-$5 and number of $0 phones to choose from not just, but including xr) but forever, rather than this 2 year promo.
May 4, 2016
34 posts
79 upvotes
puttar wrote: Did you talk to retentions for this?
Yeah, first i live chatted and asked them to match. bantered back and forth but all they would do is is give free xr only if i left my plan and went on 75$ plan. I said no and he gave me the number of what he called the senior management team. When they answered they said they were cancellations. He offered similar plan as first guy but still nothing worth leaving my plan. Finally he said let me take a look and see if i can apply discounts. He came back and said “i can add a 25% discount for 24 months. I gladly accepted.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1282 posts
830 upvotes
SASKATOON
F&F is 60$ a month. This is 55$ a month. How is FF better? Also if you are in Surrey and you want a gift card postage of PC points the Guildford Walmart will give you 200$ if you ask them about the PC points promotion at RC.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10135 posts
10247 upvotes
ripjohnnyc wrote: F&F is 60$ a month. This is 55$ a month. How is FF better? Also if you are in Surrey and you want a gift card postage of PC points the Guildford Walmart will give you 200$ if you ask them about the PC points promotion at RC.
Difference (I think) is that F&F discount is lifetime and this is 2yrs and F&F is applicable to all phones and you can get a s9 for free on the 10gb plan ($45 after discount)whereas this promo isn't
Aug 14, 2018
404 posts
505 upvotes
GTA
i am wih bell can i switch over
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Aug 23, 2019
10 posts
2 upvotes
I signed up to byod plan from fido 2 days ago ; am I eligible for this offer? and then what should i do , just call fido that i want to cancel the contract or just say i want to keep the number when signing up for a new one with freedom mobile?
Also I'm not too sure what this pc point everyone is talking about. You have to go walmart or tms to earn it? I searched briefly and seems like its something like ebates.. so confused atm
Mar 31, 2012
145 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Just be careful you are getting the full 200k PC points. The rep at the STC Superstore location claimed the XR only came with 100k points and proceeded to use the other 100k towards accessory and protection plan deductions, positioning it in a way that he is giving them to you for free. When asked about it, he immediately became all defensive and says he is using his 'code' to give this stuff for free. All the details are on the first page of the contract you sign (which he will quickly skip over after showing you that you are paying $0 up front).

They (accidentally?) included the internal announcements in the bag:
Images
  • FREEDOM1.jpg
  • FREEDOM2.jpg
  • FREEDOM3.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)