Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

LAST DAY Aug 26!! Freedom $55 for 20GB LTE and iPhone XR/Galaxy S10e + 100k PCO Points (Rogers/Fido Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 11:35 pm
Dec 21, 2011
321 posts
259 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
BoozeKlues wrote: Just be careful you are getting the full 200k PC points. The rep at the STC Superstore location claimed the XR only came with 100k points and proceeded to use the other 100k towards accessory and protection plan deductions, positioning it in a way that he is giving them to you for free. When asked about it, he immediately became all defensive and says he is using his 'code' to give this stuff for free. All the details are on the first page of the contract you sign (which he will quickly skip over after showing you that you are paying $0 up front).

They (accidentally?) included the internal announcements in the bag:
report him to the manager. Its right on his computer screen that its 200k in points. He gets a better commission for selling extras. You got scammed $100 that belongs to you.
Aug 9, 2015
320 posts
266 upvotes
yszd320 wrote: Has anyone successfully opened a fido prepaid plan and port in freedom for this offer?
Did it this morning
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
Customer must keep the same number they ported in with for at least thirty (30) days after porting to be eligible
Jun 2, 2012
178 posts
261 upvotes
Maple Ridge
BoozeKlues wrote: They (accidentally?) included the internal announcements in the bag:
There is important info buried in there. If you port in your # and soon want to port another # in over that one (say you're like me, who ported in a Fido tablet # today (ready to cancel that plan anyway) to try out Freedom before porting my non-Fido "real" cell # in the next month), you have to wait at least 30 days before porting in the new #. I did not notice that in the contract paperwork today, but see it in this internal announcement. Good to know!
DD
Mar 15, 2016
5 posts
This happened to me. The rep said only 100k then he say I had the PC app and I was checking my pts right away, he said he would give me an extra 100k pts but only for accessories. When I say the pts in my acct I said no to the accessories. He wasn’t happy about that. So in the end I did get the 200k but I was told only 100k all long...
Apr 16, 2019
910 posts
1504 upvotes
Fyi: you have to pay on credit card automatic payments, otherwise price goes from $55 to $60 TMS rep said for Iphone Xr + 20 Gig promo for fido/ rogers port in...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
BoozeKlues wrote:

They (accidentally?) included the internal announcements in the bag:
Oh boy

"Distribution of this document or portions of this document may result in disciplinary action and/or termination"

lol
Jan 22, 2017
694 posts
1160 upvotes
What if I cancel freedom after few months..
What is the penalty on that
Aug 5, 2019
9 posts
Anyone have any luck switching over to this plan? Literally activated 2 lines, one last week and one two days both the XR $65/month promo and now hearing that customer service isn't letting some people switch to this promo
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
thargo wrote: Anyone have any luck switching over to this plan? Literally activated 2 lines, one last week and one two days both the XR $65/month promo and now hearing that customer service isn't letting some people switch to this promo
did you port from fido/rogers ?
May 8, 2017
51 posts
41 upvotes
I ported from Rogers exactly 1 month ago. Can I get on this deal or is it too late?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2018
10120 posts
10230 upvotes
membrs wrote: What if I cancel freedom after few months..
What is the penalty on that
You have to pay back device subsidy which is substantial as it's based on freedom's msrp
Dec 1, 2014
34 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Yikes, such a good price. Literally just resigned w/ Fido for $90/m but 128 gb XR instead. So in the end I’m paying $840 more over two years just to stay on Fido’s network. Really curious how Freedom’s managing these prices even with the worse coverage — $55 and a free XR is tough to beat. But a missed call makes or breaks my work so hopefully I don’t regret this too much.
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
13 posts
3 upvotes
IAmBatman wrote: Yikes, such a good price. Literally just resigned w/ Fido for $90/m but 128 gb XR instead. So in the end I’m paying $840 more over two years just to stay on Fido’s network. Really curious how Freedom’s managing these prices even with the worse coverage — $55 and a free XR is tough to beat. But a missed call makes or breaks my work so hopefully I don’t regret this too much.
Just like a missed call makes or breaks your work, Freedom can still make profit by providing worse coverage.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
everyone jumping on a 720p phone and bad reception! ymmv and GL lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 18, 2007
592 posts
643 upvotes
Markham
RFDQ1016 wrote: Yes you can. And it's 200,000 points with Xr. 100k bonus for the weekend
so 300k totall? Will double check the bill, but I only got the 200k. How do i get the additional 100 k?
Nov 18, 2007
592 posts
643 upvotes
Markham
celldealwanter wrote: Yeah, first i live chatted and asked them to match. bantered back and forth but all they would do is is give free xr only if i left my plan and went on 75$ plan. I said no and he gave me the number of what he called the senior management team. When they answered they said they were cancellations. He offered similar plan as first guy but still nothing worth leaving my plan. Finally he said let me take a look and see if i can apply discounts. He came back and said “i can add a 25% discount for 24 months. I gladly accepted.
Gave it a try.

Recently had my corp plan change from $56/flex data + text/talk unlimited whatever the f*** i wanted, to $60/6GB + text/talk ew .

Was offered the $75/10GB and the XR financed over 2 years that would push the total to $95/monthly LOLFace With Tears Of Joy. Forfeited the the XR and asked for $60/10GB and was rejected.

No choice but to take that freedom deal.
Last edited by puttar on Aug 25th, 2019 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2011
662 posts
196 upvotes
I’m thinking of open a second line (I currently have a freedom primary line and 3gb Fido data only plan as secondary) and getting the s10e as the iPhone XR is likely sold out. Should I go to Walmart to open my second line for the gift card or try to hunt down an XR to sell?
Nov 26, 2017
118 posts
115 upvotes
puttar wrote: so 300k totall? Will double check the bill, but I only got the 200k. How do i get the additional 100 k?
I also only got 200k. I ported two lines yesterday (Saturday) and instantly received 200k each line. Wasn’t aware of the extra 100k on top. Do you happen to have promo details on this? Thanks!