Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] LAST DAY Aug 26!! Freedom $55 for 20GB LTE and iPhone XR/Galaxy S10e + 100k PCO Points (Rogers/Fido Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 11:35 pm
Sep 24, 2014
187 posts
884 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Just a reminder to anyone signing up for a prepaid with either Rogers or Fido and then quickly switching to Freedom:

Freedom will port you over no problem whether you’ve been with either of those companies for more than 30 days or less. But they also say that the discount will take in effect in 2 weeks to verify that you were with those companies. You still run the risk of not getting the additional $20 discount that makes the plan $55/month.

Tl;dr Being ported over to Freedom via prepaid (Less than 30 days) and receiving the phone is not a guarantee that you’ll get the $20 discount that comes with the deal. Just a heads up, I’m hoping you guys get it but slight chance you dont.

EDIT:
No need to yell at me cause you got your prepaid already.. this was just a warning that no one knows for sure the end result until they get their bill. Do your own DD
Last edited by Rosh93 on Aug 26th, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1050 posts
275 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: No, freedom can track that.

"Or is it possible to replace/port existing freedom number with new freedom number on second line after 30 days?"

I don't know about second option though
I hope if someone can put some light on second option. I am not sure if porting (basically replacing) number within same carrier is a thing.

I have early days Wind's $35 irresistible plan, and it turns into curse. Even no mediocre phone tab is eligible for it, never received any promotion or code or i guess none is applicable on this plan, the included unlimited data get daily cap few years ago (or after they shift to Shaw) .
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7303 posts
4779 upvotes
Canada
ykhehra1 wrote: I hope if someone can put some light on second option. I am not sure if porting (basically replacing) number within same carrier is a thing.

I have early days Wind's $35 irresistible plan, and it turns into curse. Even no mediocre phone tab is eligible for it, never received any promotion or code or i guess none is applicable on this plan, the included unlimited data get daily cap few years ago (or after they shift to Shaw) .
In your case, I would suggest hunt for a friend/family $15 code and move to the $60 13gb plan ($45 after FF code). You will get a free S9 and 200k PC points. You don't have to port out/in, just a plan change
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Dec 13, 2016
241 posts
63 upvotes
GTA
shadowsteve wrote: But then is it not a 2gb data plan? I'm up in Collingwood on Rogers but I'd be interested in what the coverage is here. Their map shows none at all.
Are you living in Collingwood? Then you will always in roaming, I was few days a go roaming is good call text data works excellent.q
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
Jul 16, 2017
15 posts
19 upvotes
If I were to switch 4 lines from rogers, that would be 4 phones at 55 each right?
Mar 23, 2019
263 posts
200 upvotes
GTA
Natheesh0523 wrote: If I were to switch 4 lines from rogers, that would be 4 phones at 55 each right?
Yup. You would also get an additional $4/month/line for the better together savings bringing it to $51+tax/month.
Oct 27, 2014
21 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yes, you would get 4 phones, I do not see why not. You would be paying 4 x $55. You may even get 4 x $100 GC at Walmart, or 4 x 100k points at grocery stores.
Oct 27, 2014
21 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AndroidVip wrote: Yup. You would also get an additional $4/month/line for the better together savings bringing it to $51+tax/month.
So somehow I have 2 separate account under the same name / email / address. Can I make them combine the accounts? One line is mine and one line is my wife's?
Mar 23, 2019
263 posts
200 upvotes
GTA
Natheesh0523 wrote: Thank you. Where would I go for the gift card?
Walmart for the gift card. The Mobile Shop (Loblaws, Superstore) for the PCO points.
Jul 16, 2017
15 posts
19 upvotes
AndroidVip wrote: Walmart for the gift card. The Mobile Shop (Loblaws, Superstore) for the PCO points.
Lol thanks. I deleted my comment. Makes sense you would get it at Walmart.
Mar 23, 2019
263 posts
200 upvotes
GTA
Gru001 wrote: So somehow I have 2 separate account under the same name / email / address. Can I make them combine the accounts? One line is mine and one line is my wife's?
The fact that you have 2 accounts with all the same info is kind of weird... I'm not 100% sure how combining them would work, but given they're both your accounts under your name, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to combine them into one account. You'd probably need to speak to a supervisor or something though
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10340 posts
2581 upvotes
Scarberia
vanclty wrote: i sold the xr for 750.

people weere sending me offers for $600. And with the flood of xr that was going to come, i thought best to let go 750 asap or risk 700 lol
yup good call.. the xr will just keep dropping, sell it asap....no way u'll get 800 in toronto..maybe other boonies markets like barrie lol
im surprised u got 750 still, i keep wondering how much i could get a used but mint iphone 8 plus for? 400$? i don't usually sell off my old phones i just keep them for backups
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 6, 2012
274 posts
126 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Rosh93 wrote: Just a reminder to anyone signing up for a prepaid with either Rogers or Fido and then quickly switching to Freedom:

Freedom will port you over no problem whether you’ve been with either of those companies for more than 30 days or less. But they also say that the discount will take in effect in 2 weeks to verify that you were with those companies. You still run the risk of not getting the additional $20 discount that makes the plan $55/month.

Tl;dr Being ported over to Freedom via prepaid (Less than 30 days) and receiving the phone is not a guarantee that you’ll get the $20 discount that comes with the deal. Just a heads up, I’m hoping you guys get it but slight chance you dont.
Please stop spreading false info. There is no way Freedom mobile will know that the Fido/Rogers account was active for less than 30 days.
Feb 2, 2019
88 posts
47 upvotes
Rosh93 wrote: Just a reminder to anyone signing up for a prepaid with either Rogers or Fido and then quickly switching to Freedom:

What you are saying is total none-sense and based on paranoia. Nowhere does it say you must be with them a minimum of 30days. In fact the multiple chat screenshots i have with freedom support all show them saying 1 day minimum........

And you cant just walk in there as a telus or chatr or whatever customers and claim you are with fido, as they can see instantly on their computer what company you are with. In fact they saw "prepaid" on the computer and immediately went into panic mode based on nothing. A quick text to freedom on their part and that was instantly cleared up..

Why dont you provide the RFD community with documentation to back what you are saying? pretty sure freedom's goal here is to poach customers from rogers, if in the process they lock others into a 2 year contract (which by the way is nothing like the koodo scam) then why would they be against this?
Sep 21, 2015
138 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Internal documentation:
"Customer must keep the same number they ported in with for at least thirty (30) days after porting to be eligible."

How are people dealing with porting? Should I port my koodoo number to fido prepaid then after 30 days to freedom?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)