Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] LAST DAY Aug 26!! Freedom $55 for 20GB LTE and iPhone XR/Galaxy S10e + 100k PCO Points (Rogers/Fido Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 11:35 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2460 posts
1771 upvotes
krotki wrote: Do you now guys if the returning device/cancelation of the service can be done with any TMS / freedom mobile store or only at point of sale ( TMS in my case ) ?
Only at POS for hardware return
Aug 22, 2011
287 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone have a Friends/Family code they can spare?
May 5, 2015
133 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i missed this beautiful deal. hopefully something good come out in this long weekend.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3452 posts
890 upvotes
machoman wrote: Found this in the Roger's retention thread, confused now. Sorry for the mini thread hijack even though this deal is basically dead.

How do you put a pending cancellation on your current number ? or are you cancelling based on not porting that number ?

When i call to cancel they say " when you port the number, your contract will be cancelled automatically"
You just ignore that, they try to scare you into staying by saying you'll lose number or whatever. Just say you're thinking about switching but need more time to look around for the best deal. It's the 12th today so tell them you'd like to set a pending cancellation for the 26th, two weeks out. You should get a winback call usually the next day. If something can't be worked out then you go somewhere else and port you number which will cancel your services immediately or you call Rogers back before the 26th and tell them never mind if you decide you want to stay.
Yeah, you can do that. Just say you don't care about the number and you want time to find better deals but want to cancel 14 days out. They'll call back or email you to call them. Winback is exactly that, win your business back - you can't get these offers without actually formalizing cancellation request (or actually porting out). This goes for all Rogers services. When they call back just say youve taken a plan and phone at freedom, etc., And they'll make an offer. Take it or negotiate a bit (one time credits, etc), or tell them to kick rocks there's nothing they can do.

To truly cancel and not lose your number, yes you need to port out your number and the cancellation is automatic and immediate. You don't need to notify Rogers at all for this. Just make sure you're free and clear from Rogers (no tab, etc.) otherwise you'll have a fat final bill.

Hope this helps.
May 24, 2017
375 posts
240 upvotes
GTA
StatsGuy wrote: Wait until people port back out during the 15 days lol Winking Face

The service is pretty spotty with freedom so far. Lost coverage along 404 this morning around Bloomington for a while. Apparently friend tells me freedom has coverage issues around there . Add to the lost coverage on 400

No LTE at home , no service in my mom's condo and other places I used to get service . Really slow service in Aurora around Yonge St North of Wellington

Not sure if the $10 or so savings a month is worth it
Does your phone have Band 66? I live in Markham, work in Richmond Hill, get great reception. Phone is Band 66.
Feb 28, 2012
708 posts
845 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Does your phone have Band 66? I live in Markham, work in Richmond Hill, get great reception. Phone is Band 66.
He's happy to fail.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2460 posts
1771 upvotes
Paulie1RFD wrote: Does your phone have Band 66? I live in Markham, work in Richmond Hill, get great reception. Phone is Band 66.
Should according to Freedom. It's a S10e from them

Based on observation, it seems mostly anywhere with mid-rise or higher buildings, reception and speed suffers . So Markham/Richmond Hill north of hwy 7 is ok except for the dead spots along 404 and stouffville/Bloomington.

But hwy 7 or south with condos and office towers, it's pretty bad. This is based on location of my gym and parents neighborhood
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
74 posts
33 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Should according to Freedom. It's a S10e from them

Based on observation, it seems mostly anywhere with mid-rise or higher buildings, reception and speed suffers . So Markham/Richmond Hill north of hwy 7 is ok except for the dead spots along 404 and stouffville/Bloomington.

But hwy 7 or south with condos and office towers, it's pretty bad. This is based on location of my gym and parents neighborhood
The store rep told me that freedoms network will jump onto any of the big 3 networks since shaw bought them and made some agreements with them, but i guess it could use up roaming data which i believe is 1GB only...
Do you get the same problem with calls or is it just internet or no network connection period??

Tbh sometimes it can be the phone also, even if its new. Do you have another phone to check with your freedom sim? Or use this phone with another network provider in the same spots (gym, parents neighborhood) and see if you get the same results
Dec 26, 2015
148 posts
61 upvotes
nowhere
A real rfd OG would've used the fido prepaid minutes before porting over... I'm disappointed in myself.
Oct 19, 2011
559 posts
180 upvotes
I got the XR from Walmart on this deal with a 200 gift card. I want to exchange for s10e. Does anyone know if Walmart’s deal with the gift card was exclusive for the XR or if the rep was uninformed?
Jan 1, 2017
27 posts
13 upvotes
joe2k1 wrote: I got a hold of a free 10gig 30 day trial sim from them at the CNE (Toronto only summer event). I feel like a VIP employee like I have my work phone and personal phone but its really interesting to compare signal strength using two phones before I make my decision.
Hows the service been?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1074 posts
367 upvotes
Midland
KingSlam wrote: Hows the service been?
I am impressed! The freedom mobile has come a long way since 2010. I've tried both unsupported and support handsets. For sure you get a weaker signal but the phone still works! I was told the network is only going to get better (5G coming July 2020?). The freedom service works on all subway platforms, this is very handy if your phone doesn't have wifi calling. How many times have been on the subway and you get a voicemail when you reach the surface! I have tested text messages and they all were delivered in a timely manner. I'm still trying to sim everywhere I go so more feedback in the future.
Mar 7, 2018
18 posts
Today did price match at walmart square one location.. from $100 to $200..
Aug 17, 2017
184 posts
174 upvotes
DealGenius wrote: The store rep told me that freedoms network will jump onto any of the big 3 networks since shaw bought them and made some agreements with them, but i guess it could use up roaming data which i believe is 1GB only...
Do you get the same problem with calls or is it just internet or no network connection period??

Tbh sometimes it can be the phone also, even if its new. Do you have another phone to check with your freedom sim? Or use this phone with another network provider in the same spots (gym, parents neighborhood) and see if you get the same results
This is true. I had an Honor 8 Smartphone, and when it got damaged I got an Essential Phone. I am on the Koodo network, and the essential phone has signal problems (its all over the essential reddit page). I noticed that my honor phone had a stronger signal than the essential phone at times.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)