Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Motorola Moto One Action phone $120, with $40 5Gb unlimited talk plan.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2019 9:31 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
CCHIPSS wrote: I live in the Vancouver area too. Freedom works wonderful for me. I don't know why it is so bad for you. I guess you just happen to live, work and play at all their dead zones (sorry to hear). I admit that Freedom zone coverage can get spotty. But for me at least it is not anywhere nearly as bad as some say it is.
I just don't know why you and your alter-ego "silversnake71" can't learn to read already? Never I said "Freedom is bad for me" - why would I keep paying for 4 lines from the old Wind days if that was the case?? I always recommend Freedom to people who can get good coverage. And started a few threads on that topic. Nuff said.

I said "this is not a hot deal" it's all.

I know you are OP but get over it quickly - not everyone sees everything your way.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Nov 16, 2019
31 posts
29 upvotes
Do Not go for Freedom for the love of all things, they're the Worst, dropped and not receiving calls constantly, go Google it and you will see many people with the same complaint. There's a reason they're cheap, but not getting calls and texts on a constant basis is absurd. I switched to another Carrier and I'm much much happier now.
Feb 28, 2009
395 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
max011 wrote: I just don't know why you and your alter-ego "silversnake71" can't learn to read already? Never I said "Freedom is bad for me" - why would I keep paying for 4 lines from the old Wind days if that was the case?? I always recommend Freedom to people who can get good coverage. And started a few threads on that topic. Nuff said.

I said "this is not a hot deal" it's all.

I know you are OP but get over it quickly - not everyone sees everything your way.
When I said hate for Freedom, it wasn't directed at how you felt about their service, it was how you were positioning how they priced their device. Maybe I wasn't clear, thought it was implied when I brought up the Koodo device part.
I should read more, thanks for reminding me! I hope you take your own advice on reading as well, considering you're the same guy who thought this was a LG device...

To your point though, if this is not a hot deal to you then why post on here?
At the end of the day, this is still a deal, considering that Freedom is covering half the cost of the device on a lower plan, albeit staying over 2 years. So it'll be good if you plan to stay.

It's seems like it's important for you to share your personal thoughts on here and fulfill some void in you, but it's okay. You don't have to chime into every thread and be a subject matter expert.
PM me for quicker response, thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Thank God I never gave up my 35% discount these plans are horrible. Just got my new bill for 2 phone plans and 1 tablet data plan I'm now paying 77.00. They wanted me to switch to these new plans and give me a new device for cheap decided not too.

The quality is good if ur in the middle of no where turn on data roaming and you should be fine. It's cheap compared to anyone else that's currently offering...

My plan is the 5gb unlimited Canada and us text and 256mb for data roaming
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Ever since Shaw bought Wind Mobile they have increased prices to match the BIG 3. Freedom network is still lagging in terms of coverage and quality(building penetration).

If Freedom really wants to compete they need to drop prices to match the value of their network or improve their network (coverage and better spectrums). When it comes to price for value, it is not worth paying $40 for 2gb (plus extra 3gb for 24 months only) with less coverage when i can get a similar plan on a BIG 3 network or one of their subsidiaries like Koodoo, Virgin or even Zoomer Wireless which have better network quality and coverage area. I am currenly on a $45 6gb plan with a Samsung A70 (paid only $20) on Virgin Mobile. Zoomer has a similar plan with a free mid-range phones

I am not buying any their nationwide coverage bs because it is pure nonsense. it has lots of limitations and you can't use it where they claim to have coverage.
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
sassysue wrote: Thank God I never gave up my 35% discount these plans are horrible. Just got my new bill for 2 phone plans and 1 tablet data plan I'm now paying 77.00. They wanted me to switch to these new plans and give me a new device for cheap decided not too.

The quality is good if ur in the middle of no where turn on data roaming and you should be fine. It's cheap compared to anyone else that's currently offering...

My plan is the 5gb unlimited Canada and us text and 256mb for data roaming
Exactly my point. Their new plan prices just don't justify the value. I also have a tablet plan expiring next month - 4gb for $15. I will not renew. I will rather go with Fido 4gb for $10. Freedom mobile prices are ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
donbamo wrote: Exactly my point. Their new plan prices just don't justify the value. I also have a tablet plan expiring next month - 4gb for $15. I will not renew. I will rather go with Fido 4gb for $10. Freedom mobile prices are ridiculous.
I was gonna switch too but no company came close to the prices of freedom. I've been a customer for yrs maybe close to 6 yrs when they started in the market in Cambridge. Ya I have some issues but the price I'm paying I won't complain lol

I decided to buy a phone used this time just purchased a Huawei p20 pro for 250.00 almost new condition and even came with a case and glass protector
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
silversnake71 wrote: ...
To your point though, if this is not a hot deal to you then why post on here?
It's seems like it's important for you to share your personal thoughts on here and fulfill some void in you, but it's okay. You don't have to chime into every thread and be a subject matter expert.
RFD's infested with such, Face With Tears Of Joy

Here's a tip for existing Freedom customers who don't need the phone. Offer to sell at $240 and get the monthly reduced by 5 bux! $240 is a sizzler compared to redme note 8, umidigi, etc. etc. si?

Motorola Moto One Action (Blue, 128GB)
Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
Processor: Samsung Exynos 9609
RAM: 4GB
Internal: 128GB
Expandable: Up to 512GB (dual sims???)
Battery Size: 3500mAh
LTE Bands: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B25, B26, B38, B41, B66
UMTS Bands : B1, B2, B4, B5, B8
GSM Bands: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Max Download Speed: 300Mbps
Bluetooth Support: Yes - 5.0
GPS: Yes
NFC: Yes
Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Cable Connection Type : USB Type-C
Weight: 176g
Dimensions: 160.1 x 71.2 x 9.15mm
Colour: Dark Blue
Camera & Video
Resolution (Front): 12MP
Rear Flash: Yes
Video Capture: 4K
Resolution (Rear): 12MP main camera + 5MP depth sensor
Digital Zoom: 8x hybrid zoom
TTY/TTD: Yes
Text-to-Speech (TTS): Yes
Voice Dialing: Yes
T911 Support: Yes
Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
Language Support: English, French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, etc.
Screen Size: 6.34"
Display Resolution: 1080 x 2520 (FHD+)
Pixels Per Inch: 432PPI
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
sassysue wrote: I was gonna switch too but no company came close to the prices of freedom. I've been a customer for yrs maybe close to 6 yrs when they started in the market in Cambridge. Ya I have some issues but the price I'm paying I won't complain lol

I decided to buy a phone used this time just purchased a Huawei p20 pro for 250.00 almost new condition and even came with a case and glass protector
If you have one of the grandfathered WindMobile plans, then you are okay. It is not worth switching to the new expensive plans. Just buy your own device like you said.

You should check Zoomer Wireless (Uses Rogers network) or try one of the Virgin prepaid/Lucky mobile migration offers to Virgin Mobile Postpaid or Bell postpaid.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
donbamo wrote: If you have one of the grandfathered WindMobile plans, then you are okay. It is not worth switching to the new expensive plans. Just buy your own device like you said.

You should check Zoomer Wireless (Uses Rogers network) or try one of the Virgin prepaid/Lucky mobile migration offers to Virgin Mobile Postpaid or Bell postpaid.
Zoomer won't be cheaper they only offer light voicemails I have over 50 voicemails a day and I love the unlimited part too
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
donbamo wrote: Ever since Shaw bought Wind Mobile they have increased prices to match the BIG 3. Freedom network is still lagging in terms of coverage and quality(building penetration).

If Freedom really wants to compete they need to drop prices to match the value of their network or improve their network (coverage and better spectrums). When it comes to price for value, it is not worth paying $40 for 2gb (plus extra 3gb for 24 months only) with less coverage when i can get a similar plan on a BIG 3 network or one of their subsidiaries like Koodoo, Virgin or even Zoomer Wireless which have better network quality and coverage area. I am currenly on a $45 6gb plan with a Samsung A70 (paid only $20) on Virgin Mobile. Zoomer has a similar plan with a free mid-range phones

I am not buying any their nationwide coverage bs because it is pure nonsense. it has lots of limitations and you can't use it where they claim to have coverage.
I believe it is 3Gb of permanent bonus data each month. I read the fine print and nowhere did it say it only lasts for 24 months:

[6. Bonus Data Offer

The promotion is available for a limited time at participating Freedom Mobile retail locations only, and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. To be eligible for the promotion, you must activate a new Prepaid or Postpaid line, or complete a hardware upgrade, during the promotion period on an Eligible Plan (Freedom 2GB/5G or Freedom 6GB plans). You will receive an additional three (3) gigabytes of Freedom Network data per month as long as you remain active and in good standing on an Eligible Plan. All services subject to Freedom Mobile’s Terms of Service, Fair Usage Policy Internet Traffic Management Policy and Privacy Policy.]
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2185 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: RFD's infested with such, Face With Tears Of Joy

Here's a tip for existing Freedom customers who don't need the phone. Offer to sell at $240 and get the monthly reduced by 5 bux! $240 is a sizzler compared to redme note 8, umidigi, etc. etc. si?

Motorola Moto One Action (Blue, 128GB)
Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
Processor: Samsung Exynos 9609
RAM: 4GB
Internal: 128GB
Expandable: Up to 512GB (dual sims???)
Battery Size: 3500mAh
LTE Bands: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B17, B25, B26, B38, B41, B66
UMTS Bands : B1, B2, B4, B5, B8
GSM Bands: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Max Download Speed: 300Mbps
Bluetooth Support: Yes - 5.0
GPS: Yes
NFC: Yes
Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Cable Connection Type : USB Type-C
Weight: 176g
Dimensions: 160.1 x 71.2 x 9.15mm
Colour: Dark Blue
Camera & Video
Resolution (Front): 12MP
Rear Flash: Yes
Video Capture: 4K
Resolution (Rear): 12MP main camera + 5MP depth sensor
Digital Zoom: 8x hybrid zoom
TTY/TTD: Yes
Text-to-Speech (TTS): Yes
Voice Dialing: Yes
T911 Support: Yes
Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
Language Support: English, French, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, etc.
Screen Size: 6.34"
Display Resolution: 1080 x 2520 (FHD+)
Pixels Per Inch: 432PPI
Yes the phone comes unlocked. So you can resell it. It is also quite a bit slimmer than the older phones so it looks very slick, even at 6.3".
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
sassysue wrote: Zoomer won't be cheaper they only offer light voicemails I have over 50 voicemails a day and I love the unlimited part too
Definitely not for you. I don't use Zoomer but they may have an add-on where you pay maybe $5/month for more voicemails. 50 voicemails a day sounds a lot. Is it a work/business phone?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
donbamo wrote: Definitely not for you. I don't use Zoomer but they may have an add-on where you pay maybe $5/month for more voicemails. 50 voicemails a day sounds a lot. Is it a work/business phone?
I'm a supply for the school board and paying 5.00 more a month for convenience for 6 months... It's gonna end up way more anyways I'm happy with freedom anyways
Dec 6, 2012
431 posts
253 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
CCHIPSS wrote: I believe it is 3Gb of permanent bonus data each month. I read the fine print and nowhere did it say it only lasts for 24 months:

[6. Bonus Data Offer

The promotion is available for a limited time at participating Freedom Mobile retail locations only, and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. To be eligible for the promotion, you must activate a new Prepaid or Postpaid line, or complete a hardware upgrade, during the promotion period on an Eligible Plan (Freedom 2GB/5G or Freedom 6GB plans). You will receive an additional three (3) gigabytes of Freedom Network data per month as long as you remain active and in good standing on an Eligible Plan. All services subject to Freedom Mobile’s Terms of Service, Fair Usage Policy Internet Traffic Management Policy and Privacy Policy.]
Even if it is permanent, $40 for 5gb on Freedom is not worth the value (coverage and network quality) because i travel the GTA a lot. I am currently on a $45 for 6gb on Virgin(which is Bell network). I was offered $40 for 6gb if i didn't get a free phone. I have seen people get similar or better plans on Koodoo and Zoomer wireless who both have better network coverage and quality than Freedom.

I wouldn't pay more than $25 for 5gb on Freedom network until they improve their coverage and network quality.

Freedom should stop selling plans at similar prices to other providers with better network. Freedom has improved since the WindMobile days but they still haven't reached the level of the Big 3 and their subsidiaries(Virgin/FIdo/Koodoo).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)