Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile Black Friday

NOW - 50GB for $40 BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2022 12:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1313 posts
2404 upvotes

[Freedom Mobile] [Black Friday] NOW - 50GB for $40 BYOD

EDIT: As of Friday Nov 25 Freedom has added 20GB bonus data to all Black Friday Big Gig Unlimited plans.

So now $40 / 50GB BYOD, $45 with a tab.
The bonus data is permanent.

BF-BYOD-20GB-bonus.png

Previously:
For Black Friday Freedom is offering $40 30GB BYOD, and $45 30GB with MyTab.

30GB Freedom data, 1GB Nationwide
[+20GB bonus as of Nov 25]
unlimited throttled data over-quota
unlimited talk Nationwide
unlimited international SMS+MMS, Nationwide

Premium voicemail & call forwarding included.
$5 unlimited US LD, $4 visual voicemail addons available.
$40 price includes $5 Digital Discount for autopay, plus $5*24mo BYOD credit.

The $45 plan is eligible for 24-mo MyTab subsidized phone purchase/upgrade.
Last edited by pjw918 on Nov 25th, 2022 6:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Thread Summary
For an optimal Freedom network experience, a phone that supports both LTE Band 13 and VoLTE is a must.
On Freedom working VoLTE is required to access their 700MHz 'Extended Range' Band 13.
Device Compatibility Check
25 replies
Sep 17, 2010
82 posts
38 upvotes
What's the catch with Freedom? Does their coverage still suck? Their network looks pretty good now, but do any Freedom users want to weigh in on whether the coverage is typically sufficient?
Aug 14, 2019
612 posts
845 upvotes
Shadester9 wrote: What's the catch with Freedom? Does their coverage still suck? Their network looks pretty good now, but do any Freedom users want to weigh in on whether the coverage is typically sufficient?
totally depend on your use case, i never have an issue and rarely go outside too long so i dont have a problem at all... also enable wifi calling and you don't even notice what cell signal you end up getting as long as you have wifi...
Jul 7, 2006
449 posts
230 upvotes
Scarborough
Shadester9 wrote: What's the catch with Freedom? Does their coverage still suck? Their network looks pretty good now, but do any Freedom users want to weigh in on whether the coverage is typically sufficient?
I've been with Freedom for the past couple of months - they've got pretty good coverage in the GTA imo, but their data speeds are not as good as the Big 3.

As long as you have a Wi-fi Calling and VOLTE compatible device, you should be good - you can check this here: Device Compatability Check
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38213 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
Coverage is pretty good and in my case at home, better than when I was Koodo.
However, signal penetration in buildings such as my workplace is pretty bad in certain areas.
Aug 17, 2010
125 posts
45 upvotes
I was with them for a few months (with Public Mobile now) after being with Virgin for a decade. I didn't experience terrible coverage in the city although that could be a different story if I were in a rural place. I also experienced receiving signals when I'm in the lower-floors of my workplace; it's a hit-or-miss imho. Their speed isn't great, rather poor to average (to my finding) compared to Virgin's or PM's.
Dec 6, 2012
395 posts
215 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
Their website says "A one-time connection fee of $45 will apply to each new line or device activation/upgrade."

Is this waived for black Friday?
Nov 20, 2020
50 posts
72 upvotes
Ontario
donbamo wrote: Their website says "A one-time connection fee of $45 will apply to each new line or device activation/upgrade."

Is this waived for black Friday?
No. Activated in-store and was charged on first bill.
Nov 20, 2020
50 posts
72 upvotes
Ontario
I got this deal in-store at Fairview Mall and was given the "Big Binge Bonus BYOD", which lets me go over my monthly data limit. AFAIK, this is not offered online.
2022-11-22-091727-SQ5KbY.png
Dec 6, 2012
395 posts
215 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
classicalhippo wrote: I got this deal in-store at Fairview Mall and was given the "Big Binge Bonus BYOD", which lets me go over my monthly data limit. AFAIK, this is not offered online.
2022-11-22-091727-SQ5KbY.png
Thank you. Good to know.

I wonder why they won't waive the activation/connection fee if you activate online?
Aug 30, 2016
10 posts
Deal : As the title states
Can be availed by calling there sales department directly at 1(844) 202-9877
Sep 1, 2009
351 posts
289 upvotes
gta
Heads up.

I am a freedom $99/year prepaid customer and I was offered this just now.
Images
  • 7D77F7DB-EC79-4613-949D-211D9A003D3B.jpeg
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”-John Galt 😎
Nov 1, 2017
280 posts
284 upvotes
Have had Freedom for 2 years but it has been good.
Data speeds can be a bit slow depending.
With VoLTE, you can pretty much talk in the Toronto subway train but there can be pauses at some points between stations but the call normally stays going and you can start hearing the person you are talking to once you get to the next station and so on.
Only two times I have had issues with the signal and that was on the boardwalk east end beaches area and in a dollarama basement location at Wellesley/Yonge in the middle of the store.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8641 posts
8982 upvotes
OMG, still only 1GB of nationwide data? Pass.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1313 posts
2404 upvotes
repatch wrote: OMG, still only 1GB of nationwide data? Pass.
The Big 3 charge Freedom $14/GB for roaming on their networks. OMG.
Aug 30, 2015
791 posts
1209 upvotes
BC
Trying to self-check out online (I have fresh sim cards in hand already that validate), and I keep getting this:

"Looks like something went wrong with your order. This is very unusual, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Please go to try again later."

Anyone know if there's a solution, or should I just run out to a shop?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1313 posts
2404 upvotes
Friday afternoon Freedom added 20GB bonus data to all Black Friday Big Gig Unlimited plans.

After 24 months $5 credit falls off the BYOD plans, the rest is permanent.
Images
  • BF-BYOD-20GB-bonus.png
  • BF-BGU_20GBbonus.png