Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Prepaid Flash Sale, Canada-wide Unlimited Talk, Text and 1.5GB Data, $19/month for a year

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 5:02 pm
[OP]
Mar 17, 2015
427 posts
700 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK

[Freedom Mobile] Prepaid Flash Sale, Canada-wide Unlimited Talk, Text and 1.5GB Data, $19/month for a year

Just stumbled onto a Freedom Flash Sale while looking at various carriers...

Wish I wasn't waiting for a deal on a BTS phone, as this would have saved me $30 a month with data to spare!

$19/mo. for Talk, Text and Data!
For a limited time, get 1.5GB Fast LTE Data with unlimited Canada-wide calling and global text for only $19/mo. for 12 months(*16), with our Digital Discount(*3). Conditions apply.

*3. Digital Discount-->promotion is subject to change or cancellation without notice. To be eligible to receive the $5/month Digital Discount, you must (i) be subscribed to a Prepaid or Postpaid line on an “Eligible Plan” (Big Gig Unlimited 10GB, Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 10GB/12GB/15GB/25GB, Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 30GB +5GB Canada-U.S., Promo Big Gig Unlimited + Talk 11GB/16GB/20GB, Freedom Data Plan 1GB, Freedom 250MB/500MB/2GB/5GB, Promo Freedom 6GB, Freedom Nationwide Talk/Talk + Text, or Promo Freedom Nationwide Talk + Text + 1.5GB plans), (ii) sign up for Auto Pay (pre-authorized payments), (iii) have an active and valid Auto Pay method on file, and (iv) redeem the “Digital Discount” promo code at a Freedom Mobile retail location or through your My Account. The promo code can only be applied once to each eligible line. A $5 monthly discount will start to be applied on your next top-up date following promo code redemption (for Prepaid customers), or on your next bill following promo code redemption (for Postpaid customers). Postpaid customers: you must complete the above eligibility requirements on the same day you activate your Eligible Plan to ensure the discount is received on your first/next bill. If you are not eligible for the promotion during any month, that monthly discount will be entirely forfeited and cannot be made up. If you qualify for the discount in the months following the ineligible month, you will receive the discount in those subsequent months. Movement between Eligible Plans will not result in the loss of the monthly discount. Your service will no longer be eligible for the discount if you: (a) Change your rate plan to a non-Eligible Plan, or (b) Port your number away from Freedom Mobile. Applicable taxes extra. All Freedom Mobile services are subject to our Terms of Service, Internet Traffic Management Policy, Fair Usage Policy and Privacy Policy.

*16. Prepaid Limited Time Offer-->The promotion is available for a limited time at participating Freedom Mobile retail locations only, and is subject to change or cancellation without notice. You'll receive a $60 Service Credit (a $5 monthly credit applied to your account for up to 12 months to a maximum of $60). The credits will start to be applied to your account as a top-up credit before tax on your 2nd top-up date. The credits will be applied as long as your account is in good standing (not suspended or cancelled) and as long as you continue to be eligible. To be eligible for the promotion, you must activate a new Prepaid line on an Eligible Plan during the promotion period. Eligible plans are: Freedom Nationwide Talk + Text, Promo Freedom Nationwide Talk + Text + 1.5GB and Freedom Nationwide Talk + Text + 2GB. The promotion may not be combined with any other in-market offer, with the exception of Prepaid Bonus Data Offer and Digital Discount. Your service will no longer be eligible for the promotion if you: a) Downgrade your rate plan to a non-eligible plan; or b) Port your number away from Freedom Mobile. If you are not eligible for the promotion during any month, that credit will be entirely forfeited and cannot be made up. If you qualify for the credit in the months following the ineligible month, you will continue to receive the credit as applicable. Movement between Eligible Plans will not result in the loss of the monthly discount. All services subject to Freedom Mobile’s Terms of Service, Internet Traffic Management Policy, Fair Usage Policy, and Privacy Policy.), with our Digital Discount.3 Conditions apply.
#DefundPoliticians
Our veterans deserve better treatment than our politicians
60 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1187 posts
582 upvotes
Waterloo
Using this plan now, they had it on offer earlier in the year and I switched over from Fido where I was paying more (but got more data). Since COVID hit and I've been staying at home I just don't need as much data as I used to.

Plan works great, get full LTE on my iPhone 8 in Waterloo. VoLTE and Wifi Calling are also supported which is neat. Can't go wrong with $19/month.
Aug 7, 2006
72 posts
13 upvotes
Already have an existing line with freedom. Called and cannot get the $5 off for 12 months (only for new activation) but rep able to give me $24 same deal postpaid
Nov 8, 2013
383 posts
215 upvotes
So can the Digital Discount be added to this ? Which means it would be basically 14.99 before tax?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1745 posts
925 upvotes
Cambridge
Has freedom improved in the last little while or is it mostly the same with the service really only along the 401 corridor?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1745 posts
925 upvotes
Cambridge
GNKRFD wrote: So can the Digital Discount be added to this ? Which means it would be basically 14.99 before tax?
Looks like the discount is already factored in, based on the legal
Oct 26, 2003
890 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
Didn’t they have this at $15/month - $5 autopay awhile ago?
Nov 8, 2013
383 posts
215 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Looks like the discount is already factored in, based on the legal
That's strange based on what I understand, it seems like the $5 off would be applied on the promo price.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1745 posts
925 upvotes
Cambridge
GNKRFD wrote: That's strange based on what I understand, it seems like the $5 off would be applied on the promo price.
You could be right. It'd be a steal at that price.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13364 posts
3646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dlam wrote: Already have an existing line with freedom. Called and cannot get the $5 off for 12 months (only for new activation) but rep able to give me $24 same deal postpaid
So you talked them into increasing the price for you? Neutral Face
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13364 posts
3646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
This would be good for folks who are not eligible for Shaw's $0 plan.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
6079 posts
2051 upvotes
Rogido wrote: This would be good for folks who are not eligible for Shaw's $0 plan.
What is this?
Nov 8, 2013
383 posts
215 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: You could be right. It'd be a steal at that price.
Talked to a rep, can confirm that you were correct. $19 is after the discount. And the $5 off is a 12 month thing. So after 12 months you'll be paying, 24.99 before tax
Aug 26, 2005
500 posts
318 upvotes
wow that's a good deal. i'm on public for $23 with the autopay discount and only getting 1 gig of data. if i port over to this freedom plan for one year, it'll save me $48 for the year.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13364 posts
3646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vivibaby wrote: What is this?
Shaw Mobile's $0 Unlimited Talk and Text, addon Data by the Gig plan for Shaw internet customers.