Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Freedom Mobile

Retention prepaid $25 talk & text per year!! freedom network only

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2023 10:05 am
Jun 8, 2007
63 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver

[Freedom Mobile] Retention prepaid $25 talk & text per year!! freedom network only

Was on $99 annual talk and text prepaid plan

Talked to retention and get it reduced to $25 plus tax only!!! Can’t believe it. See screenshot.
Images
  • A0E88DF3-14BC-4743-BE56-ABD245FFC42F.png
Thread Summary
Only existing number can get this plan cause it's a retention plan.
You cannot add a new line for this plan directly but you may add a prepaid line first, then go to royalty department and ask for chanage to this $25 year plan. (YMMV. You may try multiple times to get it.)

Talk & text are unlimited in Freedom network only.
Even on the website says Freedom Nationwide, but the agent says the charges in Nationwide network will apply(If your balance is above $0).
Nationwide network is $0.15/min for calling, $0.05/texting $0.05/MB for the data

Confirmed by hankgong. This plan in Nationwide network is also free.

--- --- ---
Steps to get the plan:

- Activate a new line with $19 Prepaid plan by web chat on Freedom website, they'll ship you the SIM or you can activate in store
- Top-up $34 to account [it will auto add tax upon payment] - Note your newly assigned phone #.
- Contact another rep, ask Rep for $25/Year Talk & Text Plan

Done.
806 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9940 posts
40653 upvotes
Screenshot says it works on Nationwide?
hi :)
Jun 8, 2007
63 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure what “freedom nationwide” vs “nationwide” could means. The plan works definitely on freedom network coverage across Canada but no “nationwide” (aka roaming) network access. I am pretty sure that what it means.

UPDATE: Pleasant surprised :) guess I was wrong. The plan should cover nationwide network (ie call and text for free on roaming networks in Canada). This was confirmed by other RFDs and I asked FM agent via text chat. I have not tested it myself.
Last edited by yusof333 on Dec 7th, 2022 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4365 posts
1584 upvotes
i wonder if this is possible for a new line...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Jun 8, 2007
63 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
CrazyJo82 wrote: i wonder if this is possible for a new line...
Got the plan through loyalty team. Probably not for new customers but never hurt to ask. Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5133 posts
5966 upvotes
Hmm interesting. I’m still waiting for SIM to activate the $99 W/50GB plan. Will use it as a second line until my $99 w/2GB for 6 months expires in middle of February. Will contact customer service then to see what they’ll offer to avoid them losing that line. Locking my 416 number for $25 a year, I’d be fine with that.
Feb 10, 2019
146 posts
138 upvotes
Super hot deal! What did you say to loyalty to get it? Did you message them on WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.?
Jun 8, 2007
63 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
randen wrote: Super hot deal! What did you say to loyalty to get it? Did you message them on WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.?
I referred my friend to open a new line and I said I am looking to lower the cost of “parking” my number there as I have a work phone
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8202 posts
8752 upvotes
Freedom is insane doing all these crazy deals... Wonder if they are cash stuffing just before they go belly up!

Suntel (BC) anyone?!?

Granted FM is a lot larger company...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2017
5133 posts
5966 upvotes
muffin4life wrote: Freedom is insane doing all these crazy deals... Wonder if they are cash stuffing just before they go belly up!

Suntel (BC) anyone?!?

Granted FM is a lot larger company...
Jacking up subscription base to force Quebecor to pay more
Feb 23, 2020
27 posts
36 upvotes
Is this only for one year because the image says Talk + Text only for 12 months
Jun 8, 2007
63 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
seyon100 wrote: Is this only for one year because the image says Talk + Text only for 12 months
Sure hope its perpetual plan. I joined freedom prepaid in Dec 2021 and the retention agent just swap the plan and retained the activation date of Dec 28, 2021.

Next payment is due Dec 27, 2023 with the amount $25.
Images
  • 72CCA9B3-79C5-4A1D-8F73-126B64ABA307.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1349 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
I posted this in a thread before as well. Can confirm. Took a few asks, because initially I wanted the 15GB. The rep did say it’ll be 25 a year permanent.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3169 posts
2079 upvotes
Toronto
Damn! I wonder if I couldnhelp my wife to switch back. Had a Wind mobile number then switched to Rogers and eventually Virgin Plus.
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Oct 17, 2020
83 posts
79 upvotes
How would I go about asking for this? Pretend I'm cancelling and hope for them to offer it to me? Or straight up ask?
Dec 24, 2015
481 posts
735 upvotes
Richmond
Yindare wrote: any rfd deal posted i can always get ;-)
ask for loyalty annual prepaid
howwww
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2849 posts
502 upvotes
Mississauga
How ppl have these deals?
I can’t even get data for yearly plan
Jun 8, 2007
63 posts
154 upvotes
Vancouver
machavielli wrote: Yeah, how? I tried three times and the agents offered nothing
You have to connect to loyalty annual *prepaid* agent. Then its up to individual agent and your luck!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)