Expired Hot Deals

[Freedom Mobile] Samsung S20 FE, $210 with trade-in

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2020 11:12 pm
Dec 4, 2005
480 posts
544 upvotes
Mississauga
dundeal wrote: Yes am doing it on the S20 FE. But am using samsung account from old phone, i guess this may be for new Samsung accounts only.
No, I used my old account.
Aug 15, 2013
821 posts
410 upvotes
Guelph
ipopov wrote: No, I used my old account.
Maybe the app doesnt like me then as i have been with Samsung since Galaxy S2 days, so they clearly know no marginal benefit in offering me any freebies. lol. Anyways, good for you.

Edit - Did you get any voucher or anything for this from the store? i did not get anything neither was this even discussed about so that may be the reason too this is not activated for me.
Dec 4, 2005
480 posts
544 upvotes
Mississauga
dundeal wrote: Maybe the app doesnt like me then as i have been with Samsung since Galaxy S2 days, so they clearly know no marginal benefit in offering me any freebies. lol. Anyways, good for you.

Edit - Did you get any voucher or anything for this from the store? i did not get anything neither was this even discussed about so that may be the reason too this is not activated for me.
No, I didn't get anything, just came home, activated the phone, logged in with my old samsung account and saw the promotion in "benefits". There was a button to download e-voucher, so I did, got the code and then went to the redemption link to place an order.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1084 posts
437 upvotes
Markham
mikka2017 wrote: Does this phone have 120hz? I hate my note10plus now no 120hz!Loudly Crying Face
If it makes you feel any better. I've read online that the jump is more noticeable from 60hz to 90hz. The jump from 90hz to 120hz is not as noticeable.
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797.49. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466.75. 20:13W-8234.04

Selling: Twin Mattress For Sale
Jun 25, 2012
146 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ccomkim wrote: That is correct sir!
VERY incorrect... it's the battery that is holding things back. Only the FINAL update may be the ones to start impacting performance but before that, they often INCREASE efficiency of the older phones... with fresh batteries.

iPhone battery is desgined for 1 year daily charging and use to 0%. 2 years you really notice issues, 3 years you're having crashes and stuff. Normal...

Replace your batteries = like new phone, ESPECIALLY with new software!

Apple specifically in this case

They used to slow down your OS and CPU to account for the dying battery... was a big issue as they didn't TELL you or give you option to turn that off, now they do though!
Jun 25, 2012
146 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ccomkim wrote: I can't agree with that as an Iphone user. My iphone is 2 years old and it's extremely slow already. I get Apps refreshed all the time, and can't even play a small game! The device's storage is disaster I can't keep up using it without uploading all the files and videos to the cloud all the time.
Even when you compare the newest Samsung Galaxy vs Iphone, you get higher number of Apps getting refreshed every single time.
I don't understand why there are so many praises with Iphone, using it for 2-3 years, it becomes literally garbage.
You need to replace your battery. This is normal in old phones. The battery can't keep up.

Once you replace your battery, phone will be like-new.

Yes, Apple storage is notariously small but they have cloud services that work better than anyone else, and sell higher storage phones too (at a huge markup, sure)

You can't argue with how well Apple executes. Old folks use Apple and it just **** works.
Nov 27, 2019
185 posts
43 upvotes
So did anyone figure out if $150 additional credit (which one guy got as store credit, others said is towards tab) is eligible for any phone like iphone 11 or it is only for this Samsung phone?
Nov 30, 2016
884 posts
1121 upvotes
Mississauga
Teknics wrote: You need to replace your battery. This is normal in old phones. The battery can't keep up.

You can't argue with how well Apple executes. Old folks use Apple and it just **** works.
Not a worthwhile point. Lots of old folks I know also use their old phones and they work. Their needs tend to be simple, and they barely use any apps.
Sep 21, 2010
49 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
ipopov wrote: I just did. In the app scroll to "Benefits" and you should see the promotion.
which app you are talking about ??
Sep 21, 2010
49 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
can someone please advice how to get Galaxy Fit2 ?
Dec 4, 2005
480 posts
544 upvotes
Mississauga
lodhika wrote: which app you are talking about ??
It's "Samsung Members" app.
Dec 4, 2005
480 posts
544 upvotes
Mississauga
lodhika wrote: can someone please advice how to get Galaxy Fit2 ?
I described it earlier. You should be able to find the promotion in Benefits section of Samsung Members app. You need to run the app on S20 FE phone, it doesn't show up on my S9.
Dec 5, 2016
274 posts
406 upvotes
A real RFDer gets a phone with freedom for the good deals and then Dual-SIMs with a Fido tablet plan w/ loyalty discount for the few times freedom's network craps the bed.
Aug 31, 2018
42 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone had any luck using the $150 tab credit to payout existing tab owing? I have 11 months left so this is the dealbreaker for me if it's not possible.
"RFD Effect is one hell of a drug"
Buy now...regret later
Aug 23, 2020
13 posts
12 upvotes
Does anyone know if the phone is in stock in GTA?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)