• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 11:41 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2014
52 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Freedom Mobile] Winback Offer Plan $35 for 20GB Freedom & 1GB Roaming Data

Back in June, I ported from Freedom to Koodo. Got an email with Winback offer from Freedom a week ago where they offered $15 off on any $50+ plans.

Signed up for Feeedom's $50 20GB Big Unlimited plan. The speeds are between 50-70Mbps within Toronto, Peel, Hamilton, and Milton.
30 replies
Apr 23, 2014
783 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Does it have to be contract or cancel anytime? I take there's that $35 fee for sign up?

Thinking of doing it to Port from rogers and then see if they give any counter offer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7102 posts
5961 upvotes
vanclty wrote: Does it have to be contract or cancel anytime? I take there's that $35 fee for sign up?

Thinking of doing it to Port from rogers and then see if they give any counter offer.
Do it soon before Rogers closed that deal to buy Shaw/Freedom.

We all knew what happened to Fido after Rogers bought it out.
BatmanDeals wrote: For how long? Forever or 24 months?
Rogers promise not to raise Shaw/Freedom customers' existing plans for 3 years after merger completes.
Oct 13, 2008
800 posts
477 upvotes
Mississauga
navaqeel wrote: Back in June, I ported from Freedom to Koodo. Got an email with Winback offer from Freedom a week ago where they offered $15 off on any $50+ plans.

Signed up for Feeedom's $50 20GB Big Unlimited plan. The speeds are between 50-70Mbps within Toronto, Peel, Hamilton, and Milton.
Received the same offer from Freedom, still sitting on the fence about the call quality.
Telus $35/25gb
Rogers $44.99 - Gigabit internet
Dec 13, 2016
377 posts
228 upvotes
GTA
navaqeel wrote: Back in June, I ported from Freedom to Koodo. Got an email with Winback offer from Freedom a week ago where they offered $15 off on any $50+ plans.

Good deal! Add.the iphone 11 for $$15.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
[OP]
Nov 25, 2014
52 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Forever. The winback offer email stated $15 off as long as my account is in their good books.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2014
52 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Call quality is as good as the big 3. The issue was slow data speed but since I have a Galaxy S10, I was able to lock the LTE band to band-66 which has consistently been faster.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6028 posts
1799 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
laserbullets wrote: Any way to get this as an existing customer?
Port your number to another provider.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1-2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 3-4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 12

Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7581 posts
873 upvotes
Waterloo
Xtrema wrote: Do it soon before Rogers closed that deal to buy Shaw/Freedom.

We all knew what happened to Fido after Rogers bought it out.

Rogers promise not to raise Shaw/Freedom customers' existing plans for 3 years after merger completes.

Holy I never even knew Rogers bought freedom!!! Where have I been. Been a loyal customer of freedom since the start. Guess greed buys fame! I will never pay Rogers a dime if they up my fees f-ck them
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2878 posts
430 upvotes
Mississauga
d1ulove3 wrote: Port your number to another provider.
Pretty much. Just chatted with them and that's pretty much the only way I'll be able to land that.

Ridiculous that you have to play the same cat and mouse game as you do with Robellus.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2878 posts
430 upvotes
Mississauga
sassysue wrote: Holy I never even knew Rogers bought freedom!!! Where have I been. Been a loyal customer of freedom since the start. Guess greed buys fame! I will never pay Rogers a dime if they up my fees f-ck them
It's not a done deal as yet. Rogers has offered to buy them. It's just a matter of time before the CRTC rubber stamps them (I'll be shocked if they don't).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7102 posts
5961 upvotes
navaqeel wrote: Forever. The winback offer email stated $15 off as long as my account is in their good books.
Again, Rogers only promised 3 years after merger. It's only forever if merger fails.
sassysue wrote: Holy I never even knew Rogers bought freedom!!! Where have I been. Been a loyal customer of freedom since the start. Guess greed buys fame! I will never pay Rogers a dime if they up my fees f-ck them
Rogers agrees to buy and Shaw agrees to be sold.

Only government approvals get in the way. But it's election year so you'll know how that will goes. Liberals will probably get some large donations coming their way.
Apr 13, 2009
406 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote:
Raise? They should go down with prices. In 3 years price for GB should be much lower than today.
Oh, I forgot we live under the rule of Big3...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7102 posts
5961 upvotes
zajacik99 wrote: Raise? They should go down with prices. In 3 years price for GB should be much lower than today.
Oh, I forgot we live under the rule of Big3...
I don't consider we have Big 3. Only really Big 2. Bell and Telus isn't really competitors.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2878 posts
430 upvotes
Mississauga
Xtrema wrote: I don't consider we have Big 3. Only really Big 2. Bell and Telus isn't really competitors.
How do you figure? Bell (Bell, Virgin and Lucky) and Telus (Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile) only share towers. Then there's Rogers (Rogers, Fido and Chatr plus Freedom if that sale is allowed).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7102 posts
5961 upvotes
nanoo777 wrote: How do you figure? Bell (Bell, Virgin and Lucky) and Telus (Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile) only share towers. Then there's Rogers (Rogers, Fido and Chatr plus Freedom if that sale is allowed).
IE, do you see Kia undercutting Hyundai or vice versa?

The only disruptor in cell business in Canada for the last 30 years has been Fido and Freedom.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
4853 posts
2881 upvotes
the $15/mo credit apparently replaces the old F&F discount, and it's applied to any plan $50+ until you upgrade phones. They called me a few times last month to offer me $15 off per month as the old 2019 port-in from Rogers plans are expiring - some received absolute 0 iPhone 12s, etc., but you had to have kept and used the XR you received in 2019 as part of the promo.

Longwinded way of saying, this could also be a retention offer for folks who's device balances are expiring (ie the old 2019 port-in promos).
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
4408 posts
1947 upvotes
Parry Sound
Xtrema wrote: I don't consider we have Big 3. Only really Big 2. Bell and Telus isn't really competitors.
You know their financial reports are public, right? You can see how many wireless subscribers each one has.

All 3 of them have around 10 million subscribers.

Remind me, which one do you not consider "Big" again?

Just because they have an agreement to share towers doesn't mean they're not competitors....

Do you think they're splitting revenue or profit? LOL

Take a basic intro economics course... please...
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.