Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 11:19 am
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3651 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
elwebmaster wrote: These apps don't use any more data than Google Maps, don't see why it wouldn't be good enough. But keep in mind you can't use the FreedomPop number to verify Uber.
Why can't you use freedom pop to certify uber?
Nov 25, 2014
389 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
unnamed88 wrote: 1. when you turn off autopay, it will tell you.
2. whatever card you have on file
3. starts when you first pop the sim into a device
4. i dont see any issue. i have a sim that i ordered back in June but i have't have a chance to use it yet. I still see it in my account with the status "Billing Cycle: Starts after your device ships"

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the response.
So you're saying changing payment card will automatically turn-off auto pay? Also, if I want to turn-off auto pay and change the payment card, am I looking at paying $5+$5 for the two separate actions?

When you add friends, do they give you an additional 50MB for just that month or for every subsequent month?
😎 Koodo 6GB / $40 😎
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
Is there any minimum usage requirement other than that you can just login to website and "wakeup" account?

I would prefer not to have Freedompop APK installed on phone. I just want to be able to pop the SIM card when I need data but otherwise don't care about any of other features.
Apr 14, 2010
215 posts
57 upvotes
CrazeeGhost wrote: Thanks for the response.
So you're saying changing payment card will automatically turn-off auto pay? Also, if I want to turn-off auto pay and change the payment card, am I looking at paying $5+$5 for the two separate actions?

When you add friends, do they give you an additional 50MB for just that month or for every subsequent month?
Changing payment method won't trigger the $5. only turning off auto top up will.
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
just wondering, for the share data, does it recur everything month automatically or just a one time thing?
Apr 14, 2010
215 posts
57 upvotes
acekiller wrote: just wondering, for the share data, does it recur everything month automatically or just a one time thing?
Sharing is a one time thing.
adding friends (up to 500mb) is a recurring.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1807 posts
521 upvotes
Ok, I ordered a SIM and set up a mymallbox account to have the SIM shipped there. Now I'm just waiting for that to go through, but in the meantime how does the friend referral/invitation thing work to get the extra monthly data? I understand each extra person gives 50 MB/month, but how much info do the other persons see about your account? They will know the email address for sure, what about the name and number associated with the account?
Apr 14, 2010
215 posts
57 upvotes
notfromqc wrote: Ok, I ordered a SIM and set up a mymallbox account to have the SIM shipped there. Now I'm just waiting for that to go through, but in the meantime how does the friend referral/invitation thing work to get the extra monthly data? I understand each extra person gives 50 MB/month, but how much info do the other persons see about your account? They will know the email address for sure, what about the name and number associated with the account?
Just name and email and potentially spamming you requesting to share your data.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2640 posts
1637 upvotes
GVRD
aokec wrote: is the network good enough for using Lyft or Uber in San Francisco?

Thanks,
In late Sept, I was in LAX. The data rate is about 1M-3M on average. Google Map is having a hard time loading the map data when it is constantly updating/changing. I had to turn GPS and Wifi on to get a faster lock, but still, the constant update of positions makes hailing a ride a bit challenging if you are in a busy area.
kmchow wrote: Why can't you use freedom pop to certify uber?
Uber cannot verify through VoIP providers, I had to use my VOIP.ms account.
elwebmaster wrote:
These apps don't use any more data than Google Maps, don't see why it wouldn't be good enough. But keep in mind you can't use the FreedomPop number to verify Uber.
Uber tends to be more expensive than Lyft in most cases.
unnamed88 wrote:
Just name and email and potentially spamming you requesting to share your data.
Yes, just name and email address. They are your friends right? Friends don't spam another friends. Realistically, people knew those email addresses are alias, and they rarely check their accounts. I just approved a request for data that was sent to me in Oct. lol...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1807 posts
521 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: Yes, just name and email address. They are your friends right? Friends don't spam another friends. Realistically, people knew those email addresses are alias, and they rarely check their accounts. I just approved a request for data that was sent to me in Oct. lol...
Well at the moment there isn't anyone but I don't know anybody personally that I would refer for this so they'd all be strangers for me. So then the question is how to remain incognito at Freedom Pop but still be able to have the SIM sent to mymallbox and they would know that it was for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2575 posts
373 upvotes
Nepean
ok I think I messed up. I ordered 2 sims yesterday to be shipped to mymallbox. I used 2 different email addresses to sign up but used the same shipping address and PayPal account. I got the account set up, added my 10 friends and today I got emails saying they each order had been cancelled. Is it because I used the same name, shipping address dn payment?

Help
Thanks
Apr 14, 2010
215 posts
57 upvotes
notfromqc wrote: Well at the moment there isn't anyone but I don't know anybody personally that I would refer for this so they'd all be strangers for me. So then the question is how to remain incognito at Freedom Pop but still be able to have the SIM sent to mymallbox and they would know that it was for me.
After you receive your sim card, you can login and change your name and email to whatever you want.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1807 posts
521 upvotes
southnam wrote: ok I think I messed up. I ordered 2 sims yesterday to be shipped to mymallbox. I used 2 different email addresses to sign up but used the same shipping address and PayPal account. I got the account set up, added my 10 friends and today I got emails saying they each order had been cancelled. Is it because I used the same name, shipping address dn payment?

Help
Thanks
Strangely, I got a 'your account has been cancelled' email as well, so I logged in to see and strangely, the status shows the SIM as having been shipped. Real bizarre company... will be interesting to see if anything turns up at mymallbox in a few days.
unnamed88 wrote: After you receive your sim card, you can login and change your name and email to whatever you want.
Perfect, that'll do.

*update: just realized after logging in again that I actually can't do anything anymore with the account. I log in and the only thing I can see is the notifications. There is no more access to settings, plans etc.
Last edited by notfromqc on Nov 22nd, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 29, 2015
130 posts
68 upvotes
Has anyone else received an email saying their account had been cancelled? I sent in a support ticket but I have yet to hear back from them.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2733 posts
816 upvotes
West
notfromqc wrote: *update: just realized after logging in again that I actually can't do anything anymore with the account. I log in and the only thing I can see is the notifications. There is no more access to settings, plans etc.
I'm showing the same thing, the phone number on the account has been removed. I haven't downgraded the plan yet either and now I can't as all the options are gone.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉