Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 5:22 pm
Jul 27, 2003
244 posts
5 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Stay away from this when they do upgrades your services will go down. Then you have to cancel. The cancellation process is tedious and troublesome. I had original sim 3g called in to cancel they down grade lower plan left upgraded sim 3-1 LTE unchanged then billed one year later as prepayment in PayPal. $32.98 USD for service that was never active as sim was still in package. PayPal said they had prepayment setup and every month will be $32.98usd. I tried calling them but since account inactive or they cancelled first sim card no new number was transfer to LTE sim but they charge me anyway then refuse refund it since I file dispute with PayPal and BBB. After 3 phone calls and threatening PayPal to cancel my account they issue refund. But freedompop got to keep my $32.98 USD. So it took more time to dispute and headaches if you sign up this horrible company. Not worth $0.01 cause it cost me more $32.98 for not being able to use it for even a month.
Jul 27, 2003
244 posts
5 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Stay away from this when they do upgrades your services will go down. Then you have to cancel. The cancellation process is tedious and troublesome. I had original sim 3g called in to cancel they down grade lower plan left upgraded sim 3-1 LTE unchanged then billed one year later as prepayment in PayPal. $32.98 USD for service that was never active as sim was still in package. PayPal said they had prepayment setup and every month will be $32.98usd. I tried calling them but since account inactive or they cancelled first sim card no new number was transfer to LTE sim but they charge me anyway then refuse refund it since I file dispute with PayPal and BBB. After 3 phone calls and threatening PayPal to cancel my account they issue refund. But freedompop got to keep my $32.98 USD. So it took more time to dispute and headaches if you sign up this horrible company. Not worth $0.01 cause it cost me more $32.98 for not being able to use it for even a month.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2699 posts
498 upvotes
Anyone actually took their offer of " upgrading" their Global sim to the US Only LTE sim? I got their " final reminder" that " Some" older sims will no longer work. I don't travel to US that often.. maybe once/twice a year. Will have to get the new sim mailed to ameri-friend again and have them send it to me in their christmas card...

Edit: Looks like they've disabled my account now. Just says "Device is shipping/processing" ... i hope they dont send anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1665 posts
468 upvotes
Well I'm done with the service. Just cancelled my 3 accounts. I got use out of it about 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years but some time last year my 700MB monthly data allotments were reduced to 200MB and despite having a gazillion FP friends (including myself) I couldn't get or give data despite the fact that the web site still showed these functions.