Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 9:38 am
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1732 posts
482 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 4:44 pm
I'm showing the same thing, the phone number on the account has been removed. I haven't downgraded the plan yet either and now I can't as all the options are gone.
Same with me. What's weird though, is that it does let you pick another number. I downgraded everything yesterday when I signed up, but didn't touch the Auto Top up. Glad that I didn't as it seems I would have wasted the $5USD.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2340 posts
1266 upvotes
GVRD
Wow, that's new. I had no issues at all shipping all to the same address. I have to admit I order no more than 2 at any time.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2614 posts
705 upvotes
West
notfromqc wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 5:30 pm
Same with me. What's weird though, is that it does let you pick another number. I downgraded everything yesterday when I signed up, but didn't touch the Auto Top up. Glad that I didn't as it seems I would have wasted the $5USD.
Yea I selected a new phone number as well, and after doing that I got this same email again: Congratulations! Thanks for signing up for FreedomPop Phone Service!; but still none of the menu headings are listed like "Home" "My Account" etc...
See pic below.
Images
  • FPop.jpg
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Jul 22, 2013
15 posts
12 upvotes
SURREY
I ordered 3 SIM's paid by paypal using 3 email accounts, and selected 3 phone numbers. Same name and shipping address provided by mymallbox. Everything was fine - even got 3*$5 via ebates. All SIM's were shipped by FedEx. I immediately downgraded to free plan for all accounts, and deleted paypal authorization of payment. Yesterday the same thing happened to me - phone numbers and options disappeared in the accounts. I am not sure it's the problem caused by de-authorization of paypal. Today I took the following steps: login the account, select new number (free as I did not have any payment options at that time), login the app and see the free plan and #, edit plan - no valid payment window popped out, fill out my US based credit card, in the end everything come back with newly selected number. Checked my credit card, nothing was charged or pending charge.
Jul 22, 2013
15 posts
12 upvotes
SURREY
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 6:36 pm
Yea I selected a new phone number as well, and after doing that I got this same email again: Congratulations! Thanks for signing up for FreedomPop Phone Service!; but still none of the menu headings are listed like "Home" "My Account" etc...
See pic below.
I had the same problem. I guess this was due to I cancelled the paypal authorization. After providing my US based credit card via the app, everything is fine now with newly selected number. No charge for the new number after checking my credit card.
Jul 18, 2008
102 posts
78 upvotes
yodelh wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 3:24 pm
Has anyone else received an email saying their account had been cancelled? I sent in a support ticket but I have yet to hear back from them.
Yep, I did as well. Kind of annoying, as I had added a bunch of people and installed the app for 700 bonus megs of data. I downgraded everything, and turned off autopay in PayPal last night, and installed the app on my iPhone today. I also raised a ticket to find out why and hopefully restore my service.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1320 posts
324 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 4:44 pm
I'm showing the same thing, the phone number on the account has been removed. I haven't downgraded the plan yet either and now I can't as all the options are gone.
Wow, that sucks... So far, my account is working fine. I downgraded everything shortly after they shipped the sim. I also went with pay as you go by adding $5 credit on the account.
Koodo $35/5GB 😎
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Tesla Model 3 owner 😁
Jul 18, 2008
102 posts
78 upvotes
dawger1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 8:09 pm
Yep, I did as well. Kind of annoying, as I had added a bunch of people and installed the app for 700 bonus megs of data. I downgraded everything, and turned off autopay in PayPal last night, and installed the app on my iPhone today. I also raised a ticket to find out why and hopefully restore my service.
Looks like my account wasn't actually cancelled after all. I just went back and everything (including my accumulated data) was still there, but it dropped the 647 (Toronto) phone number I had chosen. I chose a new U.S. based number, and am hoping all is well now. Great deal. Thanks for posting this redboy69!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1626 posts
244 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
See pic below.
Did you try another browser ?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2030 posts
57 upvotes
If I am looking to use Uber and Lyft in San Francisco for 5-6 days, what's my cheapest yet reliable option to get cell data access? I guess I could use Whatsapp to text my relatives there and Google phone to call restaurants from my data.

I read horror stories about Roam Mobility and I'm worried that Freedompop may not be good enough for Uber or Lyft.

My wife and I use Telus/Rogers.

Could we buy a SIM from the SFO airport?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2510 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WhatsTheRush wrote:
See pic below.
I'm having the same issue.
I will wait till I get my SIM card.
As per FexEx, it'll arrive on Friday to MyMallBox.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
Does it go thru ebates dot ca?
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3548 posts
386 upvotes
Vancouver
aokec wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 10:27 pm
If I am looking to use Uber and Lyft in San Francisco for 5-6 days, what's my cheapest yet reliable option to get cell data access? I read horror stories about Roam Mobility and I'm worried that Freedompop may not be good enough for Uber or Lyft.
I've used Roam mobility in Sam Fran and except for a dead spot in Chinatown, the service was excellent.
Aug 12, 2016
342 posts
220 upvotes
mobifree wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 10:39 pm
I'm having the same issue.
I will wait till I get my SIM card.
As per FexEx, it'll arrive on Friday to MyMallBox.
Have you noticed that the fed ex shipment tags the package at 6*6*6 inch and .1 lbs which is 10.21 to ship to Canada from mymallbox?