Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 9:38 am
Oct 15, 2016
139 posts
38 upvotes
jaswest2754 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:07 am
Have you noticed that the fed ex shipment tags the package at 6*6*6 inch and .1 lbs which is 10.21 to ship to Canada from mymallbox?
If I'm not mistaken you can select AIRMAIL from MyMALLBox (as per one of the earlier posts). The cost is around $2USD.
I got an e-mail my shipping date (originally scheduled for Friday got moved to Monday -- likely due to Thursday & Friday being holidays in the US).

I have well over 50 "friends" now on freedompop. If all them of requested data sharing at once I'd be screwed. LOL.
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
jaswest2754 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:07 am
Have you noticed that the fed ex shipment tags the package at 6*6*6 inch and .1 lbs which is 10.21 to ship to Canada from mymallbox?
The SIM package size is 9x6x1 inch, 0.1lbs.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
mobifree wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2016 10:39 pm
I'm having the same issue.
I will wait till I get my SIM card.
As per FexEx, it'll arrive on Friday to MyMallBox.
What credit card did you use? I used an prepaid card that only has ~$9 on it, it worked fine to purchase the sim but I'm wondering if they do a pre-auth for $15 or something because that is the auto-top up amount, and if that doesn't go through then the account is cancelled.
Last edited by WhatsTheRush on Nov 23rd, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 12, 2016
338 posts
216 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 2:40 pm
The SIM package size is 9x6x1 inch, 0.1lbs.
Weird mine says 6*6*6 at 0.1 lbs, maybe its just an error or for some reason they felt like sending me a small box for no real reason. It originally said 9*7*1 when the shipping label was created. Also I'm having the same issue you were having, I set up an account that they cancelled but the sim still shipped and it let me pick a new number. However I still have no menu options just the main overview page.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
jaswest2754 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 5:22 pm
Weird mine says 6*6*6 at 0.1 lbs, maybe its just an error or for some reason they felt like sending me a small box for no real reason. It originally said 9*7*1 when the shipping label was created. Also I'm having the same issue you were having, I set up an account that they cancelled but the sim still shipped and it let me pick a new number. However I still have no menu options just the main overview page.
How did you pay for it?
Aug 12, 2016
338 posts
216 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 6:04 pm
How did you pay for it?
Amazon visa. Charges have gone through for the 25 cent sim and 5 dollar for taking off auto top up.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
jaswest2754 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 6:19 pm
Amazon visa. Charges have gone through for the 25 cent sim and 5 dollar for taking off auto top up.
hmm, so I guess my theory of not having at least $15 available on the card for a pre-auth isn't accurate, as your Amazon Visa card is an actual credit card, not a pre-paid one.
Aug 12, 2016
338 posts
216 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 6:23 pm
hmm, so I guess my theory of not having at least $15 available on the card for a pre-auth isn't accurate, as your Amazon Visa card is an actual credit card, not a pre-paid one.
Guess not I'll have to see what the best actions are after someone puts what their experience was from customer support. I have a month till I actually need it so I can wait a bit. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
I called the credit card company and apparently adding the credit card to the freedompop account is failing because there is not sufficient funds in the account. It is trying to charge $37, not pre-authorize but charge. That sounds pretty F'ed up.

One thing I did notice is that when the phone number had dissapeared from the account, and I clicked to get a new one (the only option), it said:
New Number for your FreedomPop SIM
Price: FREE with FreedomPop service purchase

So my guess is that when you sign up, they inactivate your service then get you to choose a new number for "free" and charge you $37.

For anyone that has done this and it has worked (ie. card didn't get denied when re-adding), I would call your credit card company and see if this charge went through!
Aug 12, 2016
338 posts
216 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 6:48 pm
I called the credit card company and apparently adding the credit card to the freedompop account is failing because there is not sufficient funds in the account. It is trying to charge $37, not pre-authorize but charge. That sounds pretty F'ed up.

One thing I did notice is that when the phone number had dissapeared from the account, and I clicked to get a new one (the only option), it said:
New Number for your FreedomPop SIM
Price: FREE with FreedomPop service purchase

So my guess is that when you sign up, they inactivate your service then get you to choose a new number for "free" and charge you $37.

For anyone that has done this and it has worked (ie. card didn't get denied when re-adding), I would call your credit card company and see if this charge went through!
I hope this is not the case for everyone. I will find out in the next couple days if a charge pops up on my Amazon visa. It doesn't have pending charges online so don't know as of right now. If they do I will defiantly be opening a ticket to have it refunded and if they refuse I will do a charge back on my visa.
Apr 14, 2010
204 posts
50 upvotes
anyone tried installing the call and text app on a oneplus 2? i am not able too.
keep saying "App not installed". any idea why?
Apr 24, 2010
541 posts
182 upvotes
Canada
YorkIT wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 1:56 pm

I have well over 50 "friends" now on freedompop. If all them of requested data sharing at once I'd be screwed. LOL.
Your "friends" can request all they wanted but you don't have to give them anything, you have to approve the share.

During my last trip the the States, I requested 50MB each from 10 "friends", all I got was 50MB from one.
Aug 12, 2016
338 posts
216 upvotes
@WhatsTheRush
For your issues and everyone else who is having issues with menu options not being displayed after them sending a cancellation email out. I switched my payment option from my Amazon visa to Paypal which is my amazon visa too :P but after switched the payment option it showed me the menu options and it didn't charge me anything other then one cent to pre-authorize the paypal account. I went back into my paypal settings and disallowed automatic payments from Freedompop for an extra layer of protection on top of turning off automatic top up. However it looks like it took away my free bonus 1 GB :( , oh well it was free.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1708 posts
481 upvotes
jaswest2754 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 8:48 pm
@WhatsTheRush
For your issues and everyone else who is having issues with menu options not being displayed after them sending a cancellation email out. I switched my payment option from my Amazon visa to Paypal which is my amazon visa too :P but after switched the payment option it showed me the menu options and it didn't charge me anything other then one cent to pre-authorize the paypal account. I went back into my paypal settings and disallowed automatic payments from Freedompop for an extra layer of protection on top of turning off automatic top up. However it looks like it took away my free bonus 1 GB :( , oh well it was free.
How did you switch the payment option? Billing is one of the menus that isn't there anymore. I used Paypal to begin with, all I see in there is the $0.25USD to get the SIM card. Though I see that it is in the list of preapproved payments. Haven't decided on cancelling them yet. Would doing so suspend the account?

Edit: figured it out. Look on the next page of this thread for details
Last edited by notfromqc on Nov 23rd, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
I got the cancellation email yesterday. Then today it says it shipped. I have no menu options now. I used paypal and so far only $0.25 I have not taken away authorization on paypal or downgraded my service or paid the $5 to cancel auto top up... we will see what happens when the sim arrives I guess.

I totally forgot to do the ebates offer :(