Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 5:22 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2569 posts
675 upvotes
West
jaswest2754 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 8:48 pm
@WhatsTheRush
For your issues and everyone else who is having issues with menu options not being displayed after them sending a cancellation email out. I switched my payment option from my Amazon visa to Paypal which is my amazon visa too :P but after switched the payment option it showed me the menu options and it didn't charge me anything other then one cent to pre-authorize the paypal account. I went back into my paypal settings and disallowed automatic payments from Freedompop for an extra layer of protection on top of turning off automatic top up. However it looks like it took away my free bonus 1 GB :( , oh well it was free.
Did your phone number get removed and have to create a new one?
On the Koodo $40 for 6GB Plan 😉
Aug 25, 2011
284 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
not having good luck so far.
I paid for the sim card and can logon but don't see any menus.
can't downgrade.
I can access the billing details of my account from that link someone else posted.
I can't access my account details due to some "error with my billing details".
This is frustrating
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2197 posts
1135 upvotes
GVRD
unnamed88 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 7:48 pm
anyone tried installing the call and text app on a oneplus 2? i am not able too.
keep saying "App not installed". any idea why?
Do you have other Freedompop app installed or the FreedomPop SIM inserted? If you DO NOT have the SIM inserted, the app you use is called this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .ott&hl=en

Maybe try download it again from APKPure

Those that have billing issues, the ticketing system is slow. I usually PM the FP Rep at SD and he/she replies pretty quickly.
Dec 5, 2003
110 posts
8 upvotes
gotrice111 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:44 pm
can't downgrade.
I can access the billing details of my account from that link someone else posted.
This is frustrating
I just signed up but I don't see any of the menu items mentioned so I can downgrade. I see my monthly allotment of data and voice. do we have to wait until it actually ships?
Apr 14, 2010
201 posts
50 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:59 pm
Do you have other Freedompop app installed or the FreedomPop SIM inserted? If you DO NOT have the SIM inserted, the app you use is called this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .ott&hl=en

Those that have billing issues, the ticketing system is slow. I usually PM the FP Rep at SD and he/she replies pretty quickly.
I tried that and from apkpure. Both giving me error 505. However it works on my tablet.
Aug 12, 2016
332 posts
205 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:26 pm
Did your phone number get removed and have to create a new one?
Yes I had picked a Florida one at first but then it took the number away when the cancellation email sent and then I picked a new number in Toronto.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2671 posts
505 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:59 pm

Noob here. What if I don't have the SIM card for iOS IPhone 6. Which do I download ? I'm getting the sim shortly. And I'm not sure what APKPure is and how to download and install. Can someone provide me some tips?

All I thought was to download the app from the App Store and use that app with or without the sim?

tia
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2503 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 3:06 pm
What credit card did you use? I used an Ntrust card that only has ~$9 on it, it worked fine to purchase the sim but I'm wondering if they do a pre-auth for $15 or something because that is the auto-top up amount, and if that doesn't go through then the account is cancelled.
I used my paypal account (Canadian)
During the check out process it allowed me to add a US shipping address (myMallBox).
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1667 posts
468 upvotes
gotrice111 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2016 11:44 pm
can't downgrade.
This is frustrating
Just to be clear I didn't change my billing details, but I did click on Edit and just re-established it to be via Paypal, which then restored the menus. Yes it is frustrating. The whole experience feels very scammy. When you downgrade the services, you have to find the teeny tiny link in order to do it, etc. Also the auto top up feature, it will bill $15USD to your account if you get within 100MB of your allotment. Given that you start at 200MB, this pretty much means you must get referrals from others in order to get more buffer. Of course you can disable it but pay $5USD upfront.
jhong88 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 12:08 am
I just signed up but I don't see any of the menu items mentioned so I can downgrade. I see my monthly allotment of data and voice. do we have to wait until it actually ships?
No you don't have to wait for it to ship. I downgraded the 2 things as soon as I registered. Try the link in my post #181 (above), it will prompt you to log in, then take you to billing details, where you can click on Edit. I used Paypal for initially signing up, and selected it again. Now I see all the menus and I see a $0.01 authorization in Paypal.

Something interesting I saw: I read on their FAQs that they used to have a $0.99 inactivity fee if you didn't use at least 5MB data per month, but they have gotten rid of it.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1484 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
I highly recommend you guys do not try this, I got scammed over $60 on this company, never again.

They are not really a cell phone provider either, they give you some data and then you have to use their voip app to call/text. It is a soft-scam.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2197 posts
1135 upvotes
GVRD
yyz2hkg wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 7:36 am
Noob here. What if I don't have the SIM card for iOS IPhone 6. Which do I download ? I'm getting the sim shortly. And I'm not sure what APKPure is and how to download and install. Can someone provide me some tips?

All I thought was to download the app from the App Store and use that app with or without the sim?

tia
If you use iPhone, you might need a US itunes account as the apps are available in the US only.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2569 posts
675 upvotes
West
yyz2hkg wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 7:36 am

tia
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 10:13 am
If you use iPhone, you might need a US itunes account as the apps are available in the US only.
For iPhone you just download the Freedompop app from the App Store (the Canadian App Store is fine). Not sure what this other guy is talking about.
On the Koodo $40 for 6GB Plan 😉
Aug 12, 2016
332 posts
205 upvotes
vaporize wrote:
Nov 24th, 2016 10:12 am
I highly recommend you guys do not try this, I got scammed over $60 on this company, never again.

They are not really a cell phone provider either, they give you some data and then you have to use their voip app to call/text. It is a soft-scam.
May I ask what the charges were for? Just for the rest of us who are to deep in already to back out, so we know what not to do to avoid the extra charges.