Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 9:38 am
Jun 7, 2007
717 posts
244 upvotes
Richmond Hill
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 5:27 pm
There is no fee to fund the nTrust Cloud account from a credit union, but there is a fee to load the disposable Mastercard.
Thanks, that clears things up a bit.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
ssy080 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 4:56 pm
I cancelled all the services immediately. Cancelled the authorization on paypal as well. A few days ago, I no loner saw my number that I registered with and saw a red font saying "click here to get a new number". I did so, and now my menus have disappeared. Did not receive any emails regarding account cancellations, and I still see my usage information. Just don't see the menu. If i click on "upgrade", it says my billing information is incorrect and need to update it. Not sure what is going on, but this company for sure is a shady company trying to fool people into subscribing to their paid plans. Do you think it would charge we $28 that it charged others if I put in my paypal information again?
Here's what you do. Log into your account, Go to your billing options (need to click a link to get there cuz u no longer have menu options) it's been posted In this thread I think. And re-enter all your billing info. As long as you are sure u downgraded the plan and premium service, you won't be charged. Advise using a prepaid credit card.

Updated with link: https://www.freedompop.com/billing_settings.htm
Last edited by WhatsTheRush on Dec 1st, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Nov 21, 2009
700 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 5:22 pm
Do you want to take a screenshot under My account -> Plans?

Since you removed the authorization, I am wondering if you will benefit by changing to the free Whatsapp plan....

In the following thread, there are 2 link, clicking the link will immediately change your plan to the free whatsapp plan, which is identical to the Global SIM plan.
https://forums.freedompop.com/discussio ... m-customer
http://i.imgur.com/AB6ynZo.png

hmm.. does it also give 200+500MB friends data? I will read the post later.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2607 posts
704 upvotes
West
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 5:32 pm
It looks like what's happening is when you cancel the PayPal agreement freedompop gets notified automatically by PayPal and the system cancels your account. So to be safe future users should either stick to prepaid cards or create new PayPal, add prepaid card to it and don't cancel the PayPal agreement.
That is not what's happening. They are auto-cancelling accounts because there have been so many shipments to the same address, mymallbox. You just need to re-enter billing info and pick a new number.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Jan 17, 2010
745 posts
265 upvotes
just wanted to add. Been using FreedomPop in Germany since May. Was working great. 700 MB a month adding friends and bought a few more sims to send 100 MB to my main SIM. BUt the last week i lost coverage. I am in a village of 600 people but never had an issue till last week. thought the data coverage would come back but it didnt. In the bigger cities i had no issue.. not sure of the providers are turning off or lowering power to their edge/3g network
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
918 upvotes
FigNewton wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 5:45 pm
just wanted to add. Been using FreedomPop in Germany since May. Was working great. 700 MB a month adding friends and bought a few more sims to send 100 MB to my main SIM. BUt the last week i lost coverage. I am in a village of 600 people but never had an issue till last week. thought the data coverage would come back but it didnt. In the bigger cities i had no issue.. not sure of the providers are turning off or lowering power to their edge/3g network
Put another SIM and see if you can find the network. Most likely the provider switched the rural cell to a frequency your phone doesn't support, nothing to do with Freedompop. They probably did it to improve range (lower costs) or to refarm the spectrum for LTE.
Jan 17, 2010
745 posts
265 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 6:03 pm
Put another SIM and see if you can find the network. Most likely the provider switched the rural cell to a frequency your phone doesn't support, nothing to do with Freedompop. They probably did it to improve range (lower costs) or to refarm the spectrum for LTE.
doubt its my phone.. it covers 37 bands.. and a native german phone here same result. i have to confirm if they support LTE where i am.... as LTE works fine with T mobile
Nov 29, 2015
126 posts
65 upvotes
Has anyone's sim card reached their mymallbox address?
Nov 26, 2014
128 posts
70 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB
yodelh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 6:39 pm
yes, mine has and already been to Canada, think the cost was $2.25 or something like that
Nov 23, 2003
24 posts
Any one know if the 200 mins in the free account are nationwide mins or if it's a international calling mins? Can't find info about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
918 upvotes
tvrus wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 7:50 am
Any one know if the 200 mins in the free account are nationwide mins or if it's a international calling mins? Can't find info about it.
US+Canada. You can 100 international for free also.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1708 posts
481 upvotes
yodelh wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 6:39 pm
Yeah, mine arrived at MMB on Tuesday (in late afternoon) this week, according the FedEx tracking. MMB notified me of arrival on Wednesday, and I chose USPS airmail to get it here. So far it says "label has been created". I don't need this thing any time soon, so I'm ok with the waiting.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2323 posts
1250 upvotes
GVRD
ssy080 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 5:37 pm
http://i.imgur.com/AB6ynZo.png

hmm.. does it also give 200+500MB friends data? I will read the post later.
That's very odd. You probably want to contact the rep at SlickDeals to find out what happens.

One of my SIM is on the Whatsapp plan, it gets unlimited Whatsapp and also the free 500MB friends bonus.
tvrus wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 7:50 am
I think the international 100 min is an add-on that you add for free.
Nov 21, 2009
700 posts
184 upvotes
Calgary
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 9:35 am
That's very odd. You probably want to contact the rep at SlickDeals to find out what happens.

One of my SIM is on the Whatsapp plan, it gets unlimited Whatsapp and also the free 500MB friends bonus.

Resolved by adding and deleting payment information again. thanks!

I think the international 100 min is an add-on that you add for free.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1610 posts
228 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Dec 1st, 2016 5:22 pm
Do you want to take a screenshot under My account -> Plans?

Since you removed the authorization, I am wondering if you will benefit by changing to the free Whatsapp plan....

In the following thread, there are 2 link, clicking the link will immediately change your plan to the free whatsapp plan, which is identical to the Global SIM plan.
https://forums.freedompop.com/discussio ... m-customer

Just wanted to make sure, do I add the whatsapp plan but my previous 700mb, 200 minutes and 100 international minutes remain or do some of these change by adding the whatsapp plan ? If I do add the whatsapp plan, can I use the Sim in Canada (like the knowroaming sim) ?