Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2019 5:22 pm
Feb 25, 2015
670 posts
528 upvotes
NB
My 2 cents: if you are primarily looking for data, T-Mobile has a "free data for life" tablet plan - 200 MB per month, full LTE speed. IPad users can get a universal Apple SIM from the local store, it should work with the T-Mobile network in the USA.
"The things you own end up owning you..." (c)
Dec 25, 2011
290 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Is the plan activated once purchased/arrived? Looking to use the plan for next years vacation
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2006
1180 posts
262 upvotes
Edmonton
I used PayPal, it has the option to de-authorise future payment, would that work?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1338 posts
3033 upvotes
Pawtucket
pistolz wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 8:41 am
Is the plan activated once purchased/arrived? Looking to use the plan for next years vacation
The sim should be activated when you receive it but if by chance it is not, you can call customer service to have activate it. Or if you have a Slickdeals.net user account, PM the Freedompop rep on that forum and he/she can activate for you. He/she is usually pretty fast at responding. You will need to provide your SIM card number and your FP account email address in your message.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1279 posts
309 upvotes
I just ordered 2 sims with San Diego area code and it will be shipped to mymallbox. Can I downgrade now before I receive the sim?
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Feb 1, 2007
804 posts
135 upvotes
Aurora
bose wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:07 am
I just ordered 2 sims with San Diego area code and it will be shipped to mymallbox. Can I downgrade now before I receive the sim?
yes. you can downgrade it once you got the welcome email with the password.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
And just to let you guys know, you can install the Freedompop app before you receive the SIM and login with your credentials to use your calling/texting allowance with any data plan you already have (or WiFi).
Dec 1, 2013
407 posts
161 upvotes
If I get this sim card/plan, can it sit in storage for a while or does it expire?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1958 posts
196 upvotes
Thornhill
what would be the best thing to do , for my europe trip this april? order now?
Apr 14, 2010
201 posts
50 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:37 am
what would be the best thing to do , for my europe trip this april? order now?
I dont see why not.
If you decide not to get it, its usually available for 0.99.
Mar 2, 2014
436 posts
169 upvotes
Seen numerous SD threads about them and I have been using this sim for my trips to NY last couple of months and it works well, but make sure to set hard limit on your phone for Data and downgrade everything as outlined.

EDIT: Also remember to turn OFF international Data roaming before popping back canadian Sim card.
Last edited by scorown on Nov 18th, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2197 posts
1135 upvotes
GVRD
nam_416 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 8:04 am
Even with everything downgraded, I'd recommend spend another $5 per SIM to switch your payment method to a prepaid card (you can't do it when first ordering the SIM). Having a prepaid card on file (w/ a low balance of course) instead of your credit card reduces the risk of unpleasant surprises in the future.
I have a disposable card with NTrust for this. You can equally use a gift Visa/Mastercard
carbide wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 8:37 am
My 2 cents: if you are primarily looking for data, T-Mobile has a "free data for life" tablet plan - 200 MB per month, full LTE speed. IPad users can get a universal Apple SIM from the local store, it should work with the T-Mobile network in the USA.
200MB is nice, but I think I will use that up in a day.
pistolz wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 8:41 am
bose wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:07 am
You will have your account activated (billing cycle starts) the moment you download the FreedomPop app and sign in with the credential. There are 2 apps:
- FreedomPop Messaging Phone/SIM - Use this app when you are using the SIM as it grabs the account credentials from the SIM
- FreedomPop OTT Call and Text - Use this if you want to use the VoIP/SMS without the SIM or to keep the account active
Alex1114 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 11:34 am
If I get this sim card/plan, can it sit in storage for a while or does it expire?
I don't remember seeing anything about expiring, but I just sign into my account once a month to make a couple calls, texts. It's been about 7 months now and I am still OK.

If you are being offered to buy a second product after check out, DO NOT DO IT. The second item will not get any referral bonus.

Also please don't forget to use ebate.com cashback, last couple promo is $5 CB for any purchase. I profited a few bucks for the $0.99 SIM.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1958 posts
196 upvotes
Thornhill
thanks! doing this now with MyMallbox and ordering for 2. :) dontforget them referral points
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2006
1180 posts
262 upvotes
Edmonton
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 12:02 pm
I have a disposable card with NTrust for this. You can equally use a gift Visa/Mastercard

If you are being offered to buy a second product after check out, DO NOT DO IT. The second item will not get any referral bonus.

Also please don't forget to use ebate.com cashback, last couple promo is $5 CB for any purchase. I profited a few bucks for the $0.99 SIM.
damn, forgot ebates!!! I got a second sim for 1cent...

What is Ntrust?