Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 8:03 am
US+Canada. You can 100 international for free also.
I thought this sim can't be used in Canada. I know I can use this sim in the USA to call someone in the USA but can you use this sim in Spain (for example) to call local Spanish numbers or call US numbers or Canadian numbers?
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
bose wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:07 am
I thought this sim can't be used in Canada. I know I can use this sim in the USA to call someone in the USA but can you use this sim in Spain (for example) to call local Spanish numbers or call US numbers or Canadian numbers?
Yes, the SIM is just data, calling if done through the app. The app can be used anywhere in the world over WiFi or Data (with any SIM). The SIM can be used only in supported countries. The app can be used in Canada with your own SIM (for example Fido tablet plan). The SIM can be used in the US and Spain. So yes, with the SIM and app combo you can call Spanish numbers while in Spain. You just need to add the free global minutes add on.
Sep 8, 2004
900 posts
76 upvotes
Finally jumping on this - got a mymallbox account going, set up an account on ebates.com, found the FreedomPop link (now a $5 'bonus' rather than $10), got redirected to FreedomPop. Went to the Shop, selected SIM cards, clicked on the Voice/Data one, got asked for 'availability' info so gave the mymallbox address, and was told the SIM is 'out of stock'. Tried the data-only SIM and immediately got the same "out of stock" message. Is this because of the mymallbox address, perhaps? Or the ebates referral? Or just actually out of stock?

Heading to England early next year and this seemed like a perfect (and cheap) solution for my unlocked iPhone.

Any thoughts on what to do here, other than just 'wait' and keep trying?

Thanks...
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:45 am
Yes, the SIM is just data, calling if done through the app. The app can be used anywhere in the world over WiFi or Data (with any SIM). The SIM can be used only in supported countries. The app can be used in Canada with your own SIM (for example Fido tablet plan). The SIM can be used in the US and Spain. So yes, with the SIM and app combo you can call Spanish numbers while in Spain. You just need to add the free global minutes add on.
Thanks. Can I use the sim to call local Spain number while I am in Spain without the global minutes add on? When I try to add, it is asking for credit card number which I don't want to give them.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
Ordered 2 new sim cards yesterday using different variant of gmail addresses. I used ntrust this time after the last fiasco with paypal and "fraud". Already it is working better as I didn't get a cancellation email the next morning. I downgraded the plans and services right away, added my 10 friends and all is good.

Long story short, it works as long as you don't screw up (like me).

Now just gotta load the app when I get my sim cards and get the extra 200 mbps on top for a total of 900 mb a month which is plenty for when I travel. If i ever need more data, I'm hoping people will be nice when I request data. I loaded up like 30 friends just in case.
Aug 25, 2010
24 posts
4 upvotes
vancouver
I cancelled my authorization with freedompop in paypal but my SIM card was still shipped out. I even called freedompop to cancel "My Services" and she didn't say anything. Unless, i did the cancellation wrong. I'm still waiting for my SIM card to arrive though.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
bose wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 2:46 pm
Thanks. Can I use the sim to call local Spain number while I am in Spain without the global minutes add on? When I try to add, it is asking for credit card number which I don't want to give them.
No, it doesn't matter where in the world you are, without the add on you can call only USA and Canada (200min including received calls). Also, don't give them your credit card. Use a prepaid card or nTrust.
Also, understand that all calls are made through the FreedomPop app, you can't dial out directly using your phone, because the Freedompop SIM is data-only.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 6:24 pm
No, it doesn't matter where in the world you are, without the add on you can call only USA and Canada (200min including received calls). Also, don't give them your credit card. Use a prepaid card or nTrust.
Also, understand that all calls are made through the FreedomPop app, you can't dial out directly using your phone, because the Freedompop SIM is data-only.
Thanks. One more question. How much balance should I load to nTrust? I want to use the nTrust just for the freedompop so I want to load just enough money to go through the preauthorized amount.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
bose wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 7:22 pm
Thanks. One more question. How much balance should I load to nTrust? I want to use the nTrust just for the freedompop so I want to load just enough money to go through the preauthorized amount.
Probably around 2USD should be enough. Back in May I was charged $0.99 USD, which they never refunded btw... shows they really can't be trusted. But if you want to disable auto top-up it's 5USD. If you don't disable auto top-up they will try charging you (and block your account) when you get within 100MB of your limit I think.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 8:38 pm
Probably around 2USD should be enough. Back in May I was charged $0.99 USD, which they never refunded btw... shows they really can't be trusted. But if you want to disable auto top-up it's 5USD. If you don't disable auto top-up they will try charging you (and block your account) when you get within 100MB of your limit I think.
Thanks. I already disabled auto top-up. I will just add $5.00 CAD. BTW, what do you put on the zip code?
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 9:48 pm
http://www.mastercard.ca/education/trav ... -code.html

Don't put a billing address, leave it with billing same as shipping.
I just tried to activate the global free 100 using the nTrust MC lite but it gave me "Checkout Form Errors" whether I use my home postal code+00 or myMallBox zip code 19720. Did they disable the global free 100 to whom already downgraded?
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2571 posts
675 upvotes
West
bose wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 10:58 pm
I just tried to activate the global free 100 using the nTrust MC lite but it gave me "Checkout Form Errors" whether I use my home postal code+00 or myMallBox zip code 19720. Did they disable the global free 100 to whom already downgraded?
What do you mean by tried to activate?
On the Koodo $40 for 6GB Plan 😉
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1286 posts
311 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2016 11:20 pm
What do you mean by tried to activate?
Apparently, you need to add the Global Free 100 for free in order to use your sim in overseas but it won't let me add my nTrust MC Lite I just created.

Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1868 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
What's the catch? This free roaming seems too good to be true.