Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2021 1:35 pm
May 24, 2006
174 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto899 wrote: Thanks! Following question: when I can start to downgrade everything? After I got SIM card?
downgrade immediately if you don't plan to use it
Sep 4, 2013
169 posts
87 upvotes
Burnaby
balanor wrote: Cannot vouch for the quality of the service. Only managed to send a few texts to my main cellphone using the Freedom app after I got it working. However despite turning off auto renewal and downgrading my plan (they are shifty and make this round about to find on their website... using really small font when you finally find the page to do it) they still dinged my paypal for some $40/month plan.

Currently working with their support to see if they will refund me the money. If not paypal dispute it is. Will comment on how reasonable they are about this.
Support was good about it and managed to refund me same day. Hats off to them for that. Said it was a one time grace thing. I wouldn't trust their paid service with them continuing auto renewal despite me turning it off and downgrading the plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1634 posts
665 upvotes
Toronto899 wrote: Thanks! Following question: when I can start to downgrade everything? After I got SIM card?
I would downgrade everything once Mymallbox received your package. Just in case... You don't want them to cancel the order because you downgrade everything.
😃
Banned
Dec 12, 2016
48 posts
[....] how I can use nTrust & myMailBox to pay Freedompop account and ship SIM card? And what I should pay attention? Thanks!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 2nd, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not permitted
Banned
Dec 12, 2016
48 posts
So, how to load money to nTrust? (Interac or something else?) What about use credit card? How much fee for that? Which way is safest way?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Toronto899 wrote: So, how to load money to nTrust? (Interac or something else?) What about use credit card? How much fee for that? Which way is safest way?
I loaded it using my credit card, quick and painless.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 2nd, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: not permitted
Oct 19, 2013
472 posts
134 upvotes
Had a problem with my Canadian credit cards. Had a prepaid amex that I got as a gift and that worked no problem at checkout.
Dec 21, 2012
627 posts
158 upvotes
San Diego
Can I use "global free 100" from my account>international option? I am located in Canada and ordered the sim by using borderlinx and hoping to receive the sim soon. This global free 100 offers free 100 minutes if located in Canada or other listed countries.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
munnakha05 wrote: Can I use "global free 100" from my account>international option? I am located in Canada and ordered the sim by using borderlinx and hoping to receive the sim soon. This global free 100 offers free 100 minutes if located in Canada or other listed countries.
There is still no service from Freedompop in canada. Only way you can "use" it is if you connect via Wifi and call using the freedompop app. A few post before someone said some random post in another forum said it worked on telus in toronto ? Just tried my card here in Edmonton, no service on any network. Tried on an iphone.
Dec 21, 2012
627 posts
158 upvotes
San Diego
coilz wrote: There is still no service from Freedompop in canada. Only way you can "use" it is if you connect via Wifi and call using the freedompop app. A few post before someone said some random post in another forum said it worked on telus in toronto ? Just tried my card here in Edmonton, no service on any network. Tried on an iphone.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2558 posts
823 upvotes
coilz wrote: There is still no service from Freedompop in canada. Only way you can "use" it is if you connect via Wifi and call using the freedompop app. A few post before someone said some random post in another forum said it worked on telus in toronto ? Just tried my card here in Edmonton, no service on any network. Tried on an iphone.
Yeah, the guy must have been on wifi and thought he was using data.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
The name of the guy is Ali, which happens to be the name of one of the a mod in the FP forums so it might be him testing a special Sim. Perhaps this is a sign that we may soon get coverage in Canada which would be awesome.
Sep 19, 2009
431 posts
292 upvotes
If I add ten friends do I get 500mb every month from now on or do I need to add ten friends every month to keep getting the bonus 500mb?
Aug 12, 2016
379 posts
272 upvotes
Arkv wrote: If I add ten friends do I get 500mb every month from now on or do I need to add ten friends every month to keep getting the bonus 500mb?
It is recurring meaning you get it every month. So you'd have 700 Mb every month.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
Is there a way to confirm that this sim works in europe before i go to europe? Lol

It would suck if i go and it doesnt work and i dont have a way to get data
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: Is there a way to confirm that this sim works in europe before i go to europe? Lol

It would suck if i go and it doesnt work and i dont have a way to get data
No way to test, depends on each country. It's free so you don't lose anything if it doesn't work. Just do what you would've done without it if there's problems.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
dealseeker wrote: No way to test, depends on each country. It's free so you don't lose anything if it doesn't work. Just do what you would've done without it if there's problems.
sounds good.
i wish i signed up when they were giving 1gb free, now im at 250mb... i need more of those ..."friends" coughcough
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: sounds good.
i wish i signed up when they were giving 1gb free, now im at 250mb... i need more of those ..."friends" coughcough
Same here. There's a thread over at their website where you can get more "friends". Just have to give your name and email I believe.