Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 9:38 am
Sep 12, 2010
198 posts
30 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
How do you guys add friend on the account page? Is that under "Invite Friends" then "Invite by Email Address"? I entered friends' email address but nothing happens. No confirmation no anything
Dec 19, 2007
60 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
oneandone wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 9:54 am
How do you guys add friend on the account page? Is that under "Invite Friends" then "Invite by Email Address"? I entered friends' email address but nothing happens. No confirmation no anything
After you send the email invites you can click on the Freedom Friends> "Invite Requests" tab to the right the click on "Sent" to see the invites you've sent. People will likely accept your invites in time and you'll receive the extra data.
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
520 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I should order one for future American trip.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10908 posts
1038 upvotes
Hi All,

I ordered one a few weeks ago but at teh end, they offered another sim card for almost free so I said sure, why not and ordered another. Now i realize I should not have done so, but its too late.

Anyways, I log on to go and downgrade everything, and I do so for the first sim, but I cannot access the account information for the second number. I got an email for it with a log in link, but i just sends me to the first phone number account. Any ideas?
Nov 14, 2012
610 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
slowtyper wrote:
Dec 17th, 2016 10:38 pm
Hi All,

I ordered one a few weeks ago but at teh end, they offered another sim card for almost free so I said sure, why not and ordered another. Now i realize I should not have done so, but its too late.

Anyways, I log on to go and downgrade everything, and I do so for the first sim, but I cannot access the account information for the second number. I got an email for it with a log in link, but i just sends me to the first phone number account. Any ideas?
You can select your second SIM card in the upper right corner, see picture link below:
http://imgur.com/a/3hdkX
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6778 posts
1319 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Anyone has tutorial on how to downgrade?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Dec 22, 2008
105 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
L4cky wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 2:40 am
Anyone has tutorial on how to downgrade?
This is going by memory, so whoever has done it recently will correct me. When you sign into your account:

1) Under "My account", go to "Plans". Make sure you are on a "Global 200 Basic Plan" where it says "Price: $0.00/Month". If you have different price, click on "Details and Plan Management". If memory serves, the option to downgrade is in the bottom-left corner, font size around 1.5. Select to downgrade, you'll have to click "Yes" a few times as the pop-ups keep asking "Are you sure?"

2) Under "My account", go to "International ". Make sure you have nothing there that you would have to pay monthly for (i.e. you want to see "Price: $0.00/Month")

3) Under "My account", go to "Services". If you see any services in there, get rid of 'em. i believe the default is a bundle that costs you around US$8 / month

4) for good measure go to "Billing/ Billing Settings", and disable automatic top-up (will cost US$5, but worth it). Edit payment information to put either a pre-paid card or some such that you don't get charged beyond the balance on the card ($1 or so)
Feb 1, 2007
825 posts
162 upvotes
Aurora
be careful guys. bought 2 sim card from them. downgraded both at once and got confirmation email. just found they upgraded one of my sim again and charged me 27 USD. I filed a dispute on paypal now. waiting for their response. I won't do business again with them.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
2628 posts
699 upvotes
hey guys, so i ordered and used the card for about 600mb.

now that i'm no longer in the states i want to downgrade my plan to the 200mb. once i downgrade it comes up with a message about being on trial and losing all data and them recommending me that i cancel towards the end so dont lose those extra minutes.

the wording is confusing.

if i downgrade right now will i be charged for that extra 400mb? or is it that after downgrading, anything beyond my new 200mb will be charged? someone please confirm.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2061 posts
920 upvotes
Dai_Lo wrote:
Dec 19th, 2016 10:33 pm
hey guys, so i ordered and used the card for about 600mb.

now that i'm no longer in the states i want to downgrade my plan to the 200mb. once i downgrade it comes up with a message about being on trial and losing all data and them recommending me that i cancel towards the end so dont lose those extra minutes.

the wording is confusing.

if i downgrade right now will i be charged for that extra 400mb? or is it that after downgrading, anything beyond my new 200mb will be charged? someone please confirm.
You guys don't read or don't care? Everybody says to downgrade as soon as possible, and you went ahead and used the trial instead. I have read reports that they will charge you for the extra data from the trial if you cancel, whether that's a bug or policy I don't know. On the other hand, if you don't cancel they will charge you for sure. My suggestion is to make sure you have a prepaid card with no balance on the account or cancelled PayPal agreement and then cancel the trial asap.
Feb 20, 2006
436 posts
145 upvotes
for those who had the simcard delivered via mallbox, how long did it take?
mine was shipped out dec 8 but I still haven't received it
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1732 posts
482 upvotes
et3rn1ty wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 4:14 am
for those who had the simcard delivered via mallbox, how long did it take?
mine was shipped out dec 8 but I still haven't received it
Almost a month for me. It was shipped from FP on Nov 22, then remailed by MMB on Dec 5, and I got it here (Toronto) Dec 16.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2572 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
Mine sent out Nov 22 and Nov 29th. Fedex shows it arrived at MMB a week later. MMB still shows that they have not received it. I contacted MMB and they said they found the first order but it had no suite printed on it. They said they would put it in my suite last week but still nothing. They can't find my second one. I'm heading out of town next week too. Not sure who to blame here haha. Good thing I'm still ahead with the ebates promotion.
Good luck to all. Merry Christmas
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
2628 posts
699 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote:
Dec 20th, 2016 3:43 am
You guys don't read or don't care? Everybody says to downgrade as soon as possible, and you went ahead and used the trial instead. I have read reports that they will charge you for the extra data from the trial if you cancel, whether that's a bug or policy I don't know. On the other hand, if you don't cancel they will charge you for sure. My suggestion is to make sure you have a prepaid card with no balance on the account or cancelled PayPal agreement and then cancel the trial asap.
thanks for the advice brother on the prepaid card.

well i did read that most people were cancelling right away but i assumed they wouldn't use it thats why where i was scheduled to be in the states for a few days to use it. plus i read that stupid pop up notification when you try to downgrade that recommends you to wait so i was blindsided by my own greed. anyway my bad. ill try and sort it out.