- had ordered the global SIMs on 3 separate occasions in September and October 2016 and sent it to my MyMallBox address,
- shipped from my myMallBox address (Delaware) to Toronto within a 1.5 weeks,
- added friends on the 3 different accounts to increase bandwidth,
- finally got to try the SIMS on a short trip to the U.S. (Dec 25-26, 2016),
- setup with an Android phone (OnePlus 3 running Oxygen OS 3.2.7, rooted) took a bit of fiddling since I had to manually change the APN settings (it defaulted to three.co.uk, so I changed it to freedompop.foggmobile.com as per the instructions here: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answ ... 170/kw/apn
- setup with an iPhone 5S Plus (running iOS 8.4.1) took a bit of messing around because it didn't install the profile by default when I inserted the SIM card... what I ended up doing was creating a hotspot with my Android phone, opened the FreedomPop iOS app and clicked on the sidebar option to generate the APN profile, entered the correct info and then was able to install the profile without issue. I just got home and there's actually instructions to go to this webpage for generating the profile (but pick Global SIM instead of GSM): https://support.freedompop.com/app/answ ... /related/1
- setup with an iPhone 7 Plus (running iOS 10.2) was easy -- profile was installed without issues after inserting the sim...
After setting up, all 3 sims worked without issues. Obviously there are some areas where the connection is spotty (was using along the I-90 and could only get a 2G connection), but in Syracuse, NY and Verona, NY, no issues came up. I monitored data usage by logging into the website and with the respective Android/iOS app.
Overall, I think it was a good experience. Pretty easy to set up and use.
Just wanted to add my 2 cents.