Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 2:17 pm
Jun 30, 2014
216 posts
49 upvotes
ON
I'm not able to complete the payment with Paypal. I'm assuming because of the billing address issues. Need help in circumventing that. Any tips???
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2006
1182 posts
264 upvotes
Edmonton
ViperVi wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 2:26 pm
I'm not able to complete the payment with Paypal. I'm assuming because of the billing address issues. Need help in circumventing that. Any tips???
Make sure your delivery address is not Canada. I just used mymallbox address and it worked.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1225 posts
281 upvotes
After downgrades,

200 mins, 500 messages, 1.2Gb left on account!

Thanks OP and all who offer helps here!
Last edited by nav888 on Nov 18th, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22157 posts
4154 upvotes
Waterloo
I signed up mymailbox, and address is valid for the offer

Sorry to ask the obvious/dumb question - how do I get the actual physical SIM card? since its shipping is US-only?
Did I miss anything?
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:01 pm
I signed up mymailbox, and address is valid for the offer

Sorry to ask the obvious/dumb question - how do I get the actual physical SIM card? since its shipping is US-only?
Did I miss anything?
You ship it you mymallbox address then use their airmail service to get it over here.
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
tmonies wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 2:09 pm
How do we download the FreedomPop app? It's unavailable in Canada... Do we need to create a separate account on Google or is there a VPN work around?

The reviews on MyFreedomPop app for Android is horrible.... Is this one of those freebies that ends up costing an arm and a leg?
Use sites that hosts APK files then manual install. Downside is app won't auto update so you need to update once in a while but last update date is June so it doesn't look that frequent.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22157 posts
4154 upvotes
Waterloo
Travellots wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:07 pm
You ship it you mymallbox address then use their airmail service to get it over here.
I see, thanks
I think it's $1-$2 USD to ship airmail
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:12 pm
I see, thanks
I think it's $1-$2 USD to ship airmail
Yeah that's great part of those guys. Most other places they are only willing to ship on expensive services.

Since I dont have SD account, I just went to right thread then added bunch of people on last page of comments.
Last edited by Travellots on Nov 18th, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 19, 2004
358 posts
41 upvotes
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have 4 of these SIMs and in the US and in Europe I have had periods (usually ranges from 1-4 hours) where I have full signal but it will not create a data connection. I have tried everything - deleting the APN and readding it, restarting the phone, etc. but nothing works. Randomly, a few hours later, the data connection will be back. This occurs even when I have paid for that month (eg. I bought an additional 2gbs for $19.99). Freedompop support has been no help in resolving this issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
chrisc2 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:15 pm
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I have 4 of these SIMs and in the US and in Europe I have had periods (usually ranges from 1-4 hours) where I have full signal but it will not create a data connection. I have tried everything - deleting the APN and readding it, restarting the phone, etc. but nothing works. Randomly, a few hours later, the data connection will be back. This occurs even when I have paid for that month (eg. I bought an additional 2gbs for $19.99). Freedompop support has been no help in resolving this issue.
Make sure you disable LTE on your phone. I've had this happen when the phone attempts to connect to LTE too many times and then gets banned for a few hours. FreedomPop does not offer LTE service.

But still there is a higher chance of problems because you rely on three providers (AT&T for the signal, Three UK for the service and FreedomPop for the data connection) as opposed to plain roaming (two providers) or buying a local SIM (one provider). It should be comparable to Roam Mobility but with better coverage (AT&T instead of just T-Mobile). For the price it is a no brainier.
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
chrisc2 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:15 pm
I used same service under different banner (three UK feel at home) and data connection and speeds were not that great. Everything is proxied through UK so latency was high and some pages just didn't load at all. Personally I would use this as "light" plan and not buy into any paid options. If need more data, get a local SIM.
Oct 19, 2004
358 posts
41 upvotes
Travellots wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 3:17 pm
I used same service under different banner (three UK feel at home) and data connection and speeds were not that great. Everything is proxied through UK so latency was high and some pages just didn't load at all. Personally I would use this as "light" plan and not buy into any paid options. If need more data, get a local SIM.
I haven't had as much problem with speed. Everything loads okay when there is a data connection. My biggest problem is the flakey data connection.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1344 posts
3238 upvotes
Pawtucket
tmonies wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 2:09 pm
How do we download the FreedomPop app? It's unavailable in Canada... Do we need to create a separate account on Google or is there a VPN work around?

The reviews on MyFreedomPop app for Android is horrible.... Is this one of those freebies that ends up costing an arm and a leg?
You can download the app from APKPure
https://apkpure.com/freedompop-messagin ... mpop.phone