Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2019 9:38 am
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3204 posts
628 upvotes
I bought the original global SIM deal at .25 - works fine, but for $2 I figured I'd be a sport and go for LTE speeds - and they offered a second SIM for a penny - I guess the second one is good to be one of my 50 meg friends - if not, then it isn't an issue.

They now have a 10 mg per month referral bonus - that's new.

And, most interesting, I was able to select Montreal phone numbers for both SIMs, so when I head south I can forward my Rogers number to my FreedomPop (then again I was previously forwarding to my Fongo or TextNow numbers . . . . . .).
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
darrenmak wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 2:27 pm
Do you downgrade after having received your sim?

I've downgraded 10 times as soon as I received my new account info by email. I did not wait for my sims to arrive. No problems.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
fredsmith wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 3:02 pm
and they offered a second SIM for a penny - I guess the second one is good to be one of my 50 meg friends

Nope.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
fredsmith wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 3:02 pm
They now have a 10 mg per month referral bonus - that's new.

I didn't see that. Is that monthly? No big deal if we already get 700mb per month.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6778 posts
1319 upvotes
Mont-Royal
10mb referral
50mb friend?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3204 posts
628 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 4:55 pm
10mb referral
50mb friend?
That's the implication . . . . .
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2010
2416 posts
859 upvotes
Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times already...

I have my SIM, in my phone (Android), with no service in Canada of course. Should I be able to make calls over Wifi, if it's VOIP? I can't - it doesn't ring or anything.

Text messages are working just fine, with the FP messaging app.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1395 posts
319 upvotes
Dash wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 6:22 pm
I'm not planning on going to the US anytime soon. does the 1 free month start right away? any way we can postpone it until I actually do go down to the states?
It starts right away, no way to postpone that I know of.
Mar 28, 2012
141 posts
21 upvotes
VANCOUVER
L4cky wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 2:14 am
how can u downgrade immediately?

i am still waiting for my email, how long does it take to receive it?
I've never received any emails either. What I did was call in. 888-743-8107. They mentioned that default password was "freedompop". I tried it and it didn't work so they manually reset the password for me. Now I have access to my account and downgraded to basic plan. Hope this works for you.
Mar 28, 2012
141 posts
21 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I followed the instructions to downgrade to the basic plan with this link: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussio ... ree#latest

However, I got to the part "To verify your Account (VAS) (“Service Plans”) are downgraded" https://i.imgur.com/wB7iQZV.png

In MY Services section it still shows I am on the FreedomPop Premium Plus plan for $7.99. However when I go back to My plans, it says that I am on the Basic LTE 200 plan.

Just wondering if it takes time to update itself or am I missing something here ?

Thanks
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
ucsmfu1 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 7:05 pm
Just wondering if it takes time to update itself or am I missing something here ?

It's immediate. Did you get two emails?

1. Your FreedomPop Premier Service Has Been Cancelled
2. Your FreedomPop Account Has Been Downgraded
Mar 28, 2012
141 posts
21 upvotes
VANCOUVER
nutN2Lewz wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 7:41 pm
It's immediate. Did you get two emails?

1. Your FreedomPop Premier Service Has Been Cancelled
2. Your FreedomPop Account Has Been Downgraded
I got the email for no.2 saying that my account has been downgraded. But I did not receive any email saying that my premier service has been cancelled ?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2572 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
ucsmfu1 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 7:05 pm
I followed the instructions to downgrade to the basic plan with this link: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussio ... ree#latest

However, I got to the part "To verify your Account (VAS) (“Service Plans”) are downgraded" https://i.imgur.com/wB7iQZV.png

In MY Services section it still shows I am on the FreedomPop Premium Plus plan for $7.99. However when I go back to My plans, it says that I am on the Basic LTE 200 plan.

Thanks
you have to downgrade 2 things. Your plan and your services. Did you do as the instructions indicated on the picture you linked to downgrade and then check. If it doesn't say it try to downgrade again. Don't leave it to chance. I learned the hard way about not doing things correctly and got charged the $27.99. Luckily they reversed the charge.
Mar 28, 2012
141 posts
21 upvotes
VANCOUVER
southnam wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 10:50 pm
you have to downgrade 2 things. Your plan and your services. Did you do as the instructions indicated on the picture you linked to downgrade and then check. If it doesn't say it try to downgrade again. Don't leave it to chance. I learned the hard way about not doing things correctly and got charged the $27.99. Luckily they reversed the charge.
I tripled checked. I missed the super fine print in the bottom right corner. Deactivated. All good now, thanks :)