Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2021 1:35 pm
Nov 13, 2010
136 posts
123 upvotes
Calgary
Is there a current deal for the Global SIM? I only see the US LTE SIM on sale. A link/help would be appreciated. I went through the sign up process (up to where you enter CC info) and it was something like $7 or $8 for the Global SIM, not including shipping.
Nov 29, 2015
232 posts
1080 upvotes
Are there some credit cards that they don't accept? I just set up an online prepaid card at gotomyprepaidcard.com using Canadian currency and they won't take the card. (Mastercard)

"Unable to authorize your credit card purchase, please try another card."
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
pauliaK wrote:
I have messaged them using their web support message system. Got a case number and it said they should get back to me within 48 hours. Will let everyone know what they say.
I find that the rep in Slickdeals is quite responsive, I got my inquiry resolved in 2 days to separate 2 SIMs to 2 accounts.
rkarsk wrote: Is there a current deal for the Global SIM? I only see the US LTE SIM on sale. A link/help would be appreciated. I went through the sign up process (up to where you enter CC info) and it was something like $7 or $8 for the Global SIM, not including shipping.
There is no deals now, that's why I said the Global SIM now worth more to those who want it. It's still $10 a piece, or maybe buy the Global Hotpot and use the SIM from the device.
yodelh wrote: Are there some credit cards that they don't accept? I just set up an online prepaid card at gotomyprepaidcard.com using Canadian currency and they won't take the card. (Mastercard)

"Unable to authorize your credit card purchase, please try another card."
They don't take any prepaid because I suspect when they request an authorization, it also can tell if it's a prepaid or post-paid card. PayPal is the best since you can cancel the payment arrangement in PayPal site after the 1 cent authorization.

The LTE SIM will automatically connect to AT&T, I only need to add the fp.com.attz APN. I don't need to manually choose network, in fact I would discourage doing so because AT&T runs multiple networks (HSPA, EDGE, LTE) when you search but won't tell you which is which, and letting the device select the best network available is better.
Nov 29, 2015
232 posts
1080 upvotes
pkphilip wrote: They don't take any prepaid because I suspect when they request an authorization, it also can tell if it's a prepaid or post-paid card. PayPal is the best since you can cancel the payment arrangement in PayPal site after the 1 cent authorization.
Thanks for the response. Is it possible for you to direct me to the part of the forum where the instructions for cancelling payment arrangement on Paypal was discussed? I can't find anything from the thread summary on page 1.

Edit - I've spotted a member who made a purchase using Ntrust card in the past. Do Ntrust cards work right now?
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1858 posts
1188 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
yodelh wrote: Thanks for the response. Is it possible for you to direct me to the part of the forum where the instructions for cancelling payment arrangement on Paypal was discussed? I can't find anything from the thread summary on page 1.

Edit - I've spotted a member who made a purchase using Ntrust card in the past. Do Ntrust cards work right now?
I've read that FreedomPop is currently rejecting the NTrust prepaid card, so maybe not.
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
This has become not the easiest deal to get. Someone asked me to give it to them at a loss. All I asked was cost + $2 for mailing; I guess that's too much.

The 99 cent sale does not take Paypal so if you want one at that price find one yourself or fairly compensate members who are not doing it for the massive profit.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
yodelh wrote: Thanks for the response. Is it possible for you to direct me to the part of the forum where the instructions for cancelling payment arrangement on Paypal was discussed? I can't find anything from the thread summary on page 1.

NTrust has cancelled all prepaid card now, and new ones are pending to be launched in Summer 2017. I've tried to use a US cash money card and it didn't work either.

To cancel the PayPal pre-authorized payment, go to Settings -> Payments -> Manager Pre-Approved Payments. Click on the merchant and under Status, click Cancel.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 12.05.35 PM.png
Banned
Mar 3, 2017
24 posts
14 upvotes
Quick question: I have add free data 500mb per month by connecting with Freedom Friends to my GSM sim card (so total now is 700MB), my question is when I travel to Europe, can I use that 700MB in that GSM without any additional charge? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Anthony2006 wrote: Quick question: I have add free data 500mb per month by connecting with Freedom Friends to my GSM sim card (so total now is 700MB), my question is when I travel to Europe, can I use that 700MB in that GSM without any additional charge? Thanks!
You can only use 600mb of the 700mb before charges will be applied... so you only really have 600mb!
Apr 17, 2014
361 posts
217 upvotes
Calgary
Hey guys, I finally received the ordered Samsung Galaxy refurbished phone from Freedompop. I couldn't resist the special plan which comes with the phone. Now my questions is: Can it only be activated while in the US? In the description it says to switch on WIFI and activate the phone. But here in Canada, I cannot toggle on the WIFI.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
Travellots wrote: Old news
An LTE sim for 99 cents is old news? I would say $1.99 is old news, but I don't recall having seen a prior post about 99 cents...
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
Did I not post many posts above that SIM is 99 cents? Read it properly. It was many days ago. How do I remember this vividly? Because someone else wrote feeling ripped off for paying 1.99 while it went down to .99 . Also I reported 99 cent sale does not take Paypal as payment.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1285 upvotes
Travellots wrote: Did I not post many posts above that SIM is 99 cents? Read it properly. It was many days ago. How do I remember this vividly? Because someone else wrote feeling ripped off for paying 1.99 while it went down to .99 . Also I reported 99 cent sale does not take Paypal as payment.

Do us all a favour and quote your own posts, because frankly, I don't recall seeing anything on that. But, old age will do that to a person.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26762 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
My one and only Global SIM got stoen with the backup phone in Spain in the backpack :(
Can't find how to stop/report lost/stolen SIM card (from Google)

Guess I should order a 2nd SIM under same account or not? may as well order a LTE SIM too?
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Aug 27, 2012
648 posts
699 upvotes
Calgary
pauliaK wrote: I have messaged them using their web support message system. Got a case number and it said they should get back to me within 48 hours. Will let everyone know what they say.
Got a response a few hours ago. They refunded the money and said it was system error, even though I downgraded everything and got confirmations something ended up not downgraded on their end, so even though you follow the steps you still need to keep an eye.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1765 posts
4500 upvotes
Pawtucket
jerryhung wrote: My one and only Global SIM got stoen with the backup phone in Spain in the backpack :(
Can't find how to stop/report lost/stolen SIM card (from Google)

Guess I should order a 2nd SIM under same account or not? may as well order a LTE SIM too?
Sorry to hear your backpack was stolen. The global sims are out of stock right now but you still can get the GSM LTE US only ones for $0.99.

Right now Topcashback.com is giving $0.50 cashback on the $0.99 sim. I just bought one and the $0.50 cashback appeared right away.
Dec 25, 2011
355 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
How long does shipping take to receive via mymailbox. Going to be in LA the first week of May. Getting 4 sim cards btw
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135813 upvotes
888888 upvotes
Finally got my friend's address,

Can anyone tell me the link for the USA only

and Global sim card link?

There are a several links out here but I don't know which one to click on now. thx
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI