Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 11:19 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9339 posts
1886 upvotes
Montreal
Toronto899 wrote: So, what happen to our existing downgraded service? Freedompop will not upgrade it auto.?
Mine shows "You have not signed up for any services yet". So it looks like they didn't UPGRADE our service without us asking.

I did my SERVICE and PLAN downgrade on the website before they removed the "service downgrade button". Guess now people have to contact support to downgrade.
Dec 17, 2006
529 posts
63 upvotes
RabbitGTI wrote: I just got back from a trip to the US and the LTE SIM card worked great. However upon returning when I re-installed my original (Canadian) SIM the Freedompop Messenger app is still trying to override my Voice Calls and presumably my Texting too. Is there anyway to disable this other than uninstalling the app?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything using the search tool.
You can just go to 'app menu' and 'stop' it from running. No need to uninstall.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54065 posts
18990 upvotes
yuprules wrote: Mine shows "You have not signed up for any services yet". So it looks like they didn't UPGRADE our service without us asking.

I did my SERVICE and PLAN downgrade on the website before they removed the "service downgrade button". Guess now people have to contact support to downgrade.
I checked 5 lines and yeah, mine shows "You have not signed up for any services yet"

For the other two Global SIMs I have, I didn't bother checking because the card on file had expired. haha.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
428 upvotes
Concord, ON
Luckily you can still change billing to PayPal (but not at sign-up) so I have FreedomPop off for recurring billing in PayPal so they can't charge me even if I don't downgrade service haha
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54065 posts
18990 upvotes
GrandePike wrote: Luckily you can still change billing to PayPal (but not at sign-up) so I have FreedomPop off for recurring billing in PayPal so they can't charge me even if I don't downgrade service haha
Forgot to do that. I used my US paypal (didn't have to switch) for all three accounts but I did pay $5 x 5.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1451 posts
354 upvotes
GrandePike wrote: Luckily you can still change billing to PayPal (but not at sign-up) so I have FreedomPop off for recurring billing in PayPal so they can't charge me even if I don't downgrade service haha
Well if they try to charge you and they can't, they might lock the account so you're still better off actually downgrading than leaving it as it is.
Apr 17, 2014
356 posts
210 upvotes
Calgary
Has anyone ever purchased a refurbished phone from their store?
I paid extra for 1-2 days delivery.
Shipping Option: Rush ($16.99)

On February 7, I got the info that the phone was shipped. The tracking on FedEx has the info about estimated delivery still "Pending"
Jun 9, 2006
473 posts
55 upvotes
utelurtz wrote: Has anyone ever purchased a refurbished phone from their store?
I paid extra for 1-2 days delivery.
Shipping Option: Rush ($16.99)

On February 7, I got the info that the phone was shipped. The tracking on FedEx has the info about estimated delivery still "Pending"
I purchased a refurbished LG G2. I had it delivered to a friend in the US.
It was in brand new condition, not a scratch.
I'm not sure if I just lucked out...

But remember, you can only use their phones in the US(they use the Sprint network), unless you get them unlocked after six months. But even then, a lot of their phones don't carry the frequency for other countries including Canada.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1451 posts
354 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: If I ordered one today how soon might it arrive at my US shipping address?
Depends where your US mailbox is. For me, it took less than 2 days for it to be shipped and arrived at my box in DE 4-5 days after that.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
TomRFD wrote: If I ordered one today how soon might it arrive at my US shipping address?

I had FP sims shipped to my Detroit postal box and it took 3 business days. Sims shipped to MyMallBox in Delaware take one week.

BTW - I had a MyMallBox post removed from the Freebies forum due to "It was all about referral codes" even though there were no referral codes in my post and I did not ask anyone to contact me about getting a referral code. My post explained how to get $5 + $5 in free shipping from MyMallBox which is a very good deal for us members. If you get a chance could you please look into that? It seemed very odd and arbitrary to me.

Clarification: FP usually ships the day after you place an order. So if you order today it will probably ship tomorrow and then take anywhere from 2-3 business days to about a week for FedEx to get it to your USA address.
Last edited by nutN2Lewz on Feb 9th, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
I just had MyMallBox ship 2 sims (repackaged into one box) to Windsor for $3.66. Two weeks ago I had 3 sims shipped to the same address for $1.67. It appears MyMallBox shipping charges are a bit hit 'n miss or maybe prices have gone up.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
utelurtz wrote: On February 7, I got the info that the phone was shipped. The tracking on FedEx has the info about estimated delivery still "Pending"

My orders from FP have been marked by FP as shipped on one day but not actually picked up by FedEx until the next day. It seems that FP sends the info to FedEx and creates a shipping label but FedEx does not actually pick up the package until the following day. It then takes FedEx about 12 to 24 hours to update the estimated shipping date on their website tracking page.
Apr 4, 2008
173 posts
67 upvotes
Windsor
symbian wrote: If nTrust is blocked, which other prepaid credit card works? I try to buy the US LTE sim, but no option for PayPal. Thanks!
Can I use my credit card to pay for the sim and change it when the account is created?

You can use a Canadian credit card to make your purchase with a USA shipping address. The amount is so low that the FP credit card processing does not verify your address. So use a USA mailing address and do not check "Different billing address".

Yes, you can change your billing method after your account is created.