Expired Hot Deals

[Freedompop US] US Only Sim with Free Talk/Text/Data - US only LTE GSM SIM - $0.99 - BEWARE OF MONTHLY $.01 MAINT. FEE

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2019 2:17 pm
May 1, 2015
4 posts
Westmount, QC
hi guys, im wondering if i can order 2 sims card with the same credit card or i have to use different credit cards?
Apr 14, 2010
201 posts
50 upvotes
dongdongxixi wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 6:14 pm
hi guys, im wondering if i can order 2 sims card with the same credit card or i have to use different credit cards?
Same credit card will be fine.
Just make sure you make 2 seperate accounts though.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2571 posts
675 upvotes
West
unnamed88 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 6:20 pm
Same credit card will be fine.
Just make sure you make 2 seperate accounts though.
Also make sure you sign up with different email addresses or else.
On the Koodo $40 for 6GB Plan 😉
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2570 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
I am a bit confused.
I clicked on the link and it asked for a zip code. I put the address of my US Mailbox. When on the next screen it asked for billing information but only allows for a US address.
Is it not advised to do PayPal because of the risk of autopay or other charges?
I don't have a prepaid credit card.
Thanks.
Apr 14, 2010
201 posts
50 upvotes
southnam wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 7:18 pm
I am a bit confused.
I clicked on the link and it asked for a zip code. I put the address of my US Mailbox. When on the next screen it asked for billing information but only allows for a US address.
Is it not advised to do PayPal because of the risk of autopay or other charges?
I don't have a prepaid credit card.
Thanks.
from my experience, you can put in whatever address you want in the billing address.
Since they will only be charging you less than a dollar, it won't go through billing address verification.
May 1, 2015
4 posts
Westmount, QC
hey guys,

some few more questions :

1) if I give 100mb to one friend, will i lose 100mb in data ?
2) what does the 200 local min means? I choosed 647 as area code. So If I bring my sim to NYC and make a voip call in NYC to LA, does this count as local min? If I make the call from NYC to Canada does it count as international call ?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
dongdongxixi wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 10:14 pm
hey guys,

some few more questions :

1) if I give 100mb to one friend, will i lose 100mb in data ?
2) what does the 200 local min means? I choosed 647 as area code. So If I bring my sim to NYC and make a voip call in NYC to LA, does this count as local min? If I make the call from NYC to Canada does it count as international call ?

Thanks!
1) Yes
2) Local means calling TO anywhere in Canada & USA
FROM anywhere in the world. And receiving calls .
Nov 4, 2015
459 posts
225 upvotes
Ontario
southnam wrote:
Nov 20th, 2016 7:59 pm
Thanks.

So can I do PayPal?
You can pay $5 to cancel autopay (see thread summary).
Jul 10, 2014
23 posts
2 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Can someone post or PM me the referral link for mymallbox signup bonus $5?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2222 posts
1153 upvotes
GVRD
At this time, I won't recommend people jumping to RingPlus until they sort out their mess of plans cancellations.

If you give 100MB to a friend, you lose 100MB for that billing cycle. You also cannot give back data, once it is given and accepted, the other party cannot give data back to you.

How I keep account active is to give data to each other once a month, then make some calls.

Something interesting I find is that regardless of what area codes I am calling (Canada or US), the minutes still get deducted from the 200 min. I also have the free long distance add on and it never deducted anything from that pool.

You also cannot request for a Google Voice number with FreedomPop.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1225 posts
281 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Nov 21st, 2016 2:42 am

How I keep account active is to give data to each other once a month, then make some calls.

What is the minimum usage requirement per month? Is it just 5 mb usage for data per month ?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
nav888 wrote:
Nov 21st, 2016 3:16 am
What is the minimum usage requirement per month? Is it just 5 mb usage for data per month ?
I think it's any usage at all. One text message, one minute, 1mb, anything.
Nov 30, 2002
520 posts
38 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Anyone know of a low hassle US roaming service on AT&T. I know, I know, this is RFD and everybody wants to game every promotion to the max :) For me, I just want no nonsense AT&T access while I'm on road trips in the USA. Has to be AT&T because in the countryside T-mobile coverage just doesn't cut it. I don't care if I get a phone number, I can use an app to login to my VoIP, but I do care if latency is high as some have suggested here about FreedomPop, call quality has to be good.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2060 posts
917 upvotes
teddy boom wrote:
Nov 21st, 2016 3:38 am
Anyone know of a low hassle US roaming service on AT&T. I know, I know, this is RFD and everybody wants to game every promotion to the max :) For me, I just want no nonsense AT&T access while I'm on road trips in the USA. Has to be AT&T because in the countryside T-mobile coverage just doesn't cut it. I don't care if I get a phone number, I can use an app to login to my VoIP, but I do care if latency is high as some have suggested here about FreedomPop, call quality has to be good.
With roaming there is always going to be slight latency because the data has to go through the original provider. For this deal the original provider is Three UK so if you are in East Coast it adds 90ms one way if you are in West Coast then more. In most cases that extra latency has no effect whatsoever on what you are doing (you cannot perceive latency < 200ms).
For roaming you can also get a SIM directly from Three UK (your included data is valid on AT&T) or you can get a Mexican SIM (AT&T Mexico / Unefon) also roams on AT&T. There are tons of other providers around the world that offer good deals roaming on AT&T but the further you go the higher the latency (your stated problem) is going to be.
There is also the option of buying from a MVNO. Then you won't be roaming but still using AT&T towers. Sometimes there are deals on those if you can buy in advance, for example H2O SIM+1 month service on eBay.