Freehold Townhouse in Cambridge or Kitchener

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 9:09 pm
[OP]
Oct 9, 2018
3 posts

Freehold Townhouse in Cambridge or Kitchener

Hello everyone,
I am interested in buying a freehold townhouse for investment in Cambridge or Kitchener area. Is booking a pre-construction a better choice than buying a old one?

Can someone suggest me some new freehold townhouse projects
Thank you
12 replies
Oct 21, 2013
273 posts
124 upvotes
waterloo, on
I serve kw area. There are multiple projects available to suit every budget. Cant list them all here.

Most of the low budget ones are condos, condo townhouse and freeholds. Detach start from around 600k.
Jul 2, 2018
252 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
Jdezmons wrote: New builds are for suckers!
In KW, investors aren't buying new builds that's for sure.
Realtor + Investor
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
69 posts
66 upvotes
Be careful about these so-called "freehold" townhouses, these days a lot of them advertise themselves as freehold, yet they charge something called "road maintenance fee".

As for pre-construction, I have a feeling the driveway will be extremely narrow and they will cheap out on material by putting bricks on front and then sidings in the back.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9649 posts
7259 upvotes
TheMeat wrote: Be careful about these so-called "freehold" townhouses, these days a lot of them advertise themselves as freehold, yet they charge something called "road maintenance fee".

As for pre-construction, I have a feeling the driveway will be extremely narrow and they will cheap out on material by putting bricks on front and then sidings in the back.
That’s to clear out the snow on the roads since they city won’t come in and do it... perfectly legit.

But if they charge anything else or control what you can do to your property that’s an issue
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
69 posts
66 upvotes
Sanyo wrote: That’s to clear out the snow on the roads since they city won’t come in and do it... perfectly legit.
But we pay tax to clear the snow on the roads. If I'm paying a single dime, it's NOT freehold.

Lesson is to never settle for a townhouse when you could afford a detached home.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9649 posts
7259 upvotes
TheMeat wrote: But we pay tax to clear the snow on the roads. If I'm paying a single dime, it's NOT freehold.

Lesson is to never settle for a townhouse when you could afford a detached home.
Sometimes the city will not come into the townhouse complex... this is why they charge it.

And yeah in general detached is better but sometimes a person can only afford a townhouse or they live by themselves and don’t need a big house
Jul 2, 2018
252 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
Maplesugar25 wrote: Why do you say that? Just curious.
- Group 1: This group purchases the latest flashiest pre-construction project and waits for appreciation to occur.

- Group 2: purchases re-sale properties with cash flow or value-add opportunities and they FORCE the appreciation to occur.

KW has more group 2.
Realtor + Investor
May 6, 2006
132 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone buying into Westwood Village community? Detached homes at about 800k+. How would that compare to Southpoint?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4628 posts
2277 upvotes
Toronto
its called potl fees

the reason is because they are private roads, and not conforming to municipal street widths.

You see them everywhere, from durham to mississauga and brampton. many parts in Toronto with in fill projects as well.

When you don't buy from a master planned community, this often is the case.
Full-time Realtor