Expired Hot Deals

Freemotionshop.com

Speedway Leger (made by Dualtron) escooter sale @$999 (reg $1699) incl Freeshipping

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2021 1:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3907 posts
2827 upvotes
Calgary

Speedway Leger (made by Dualtron) escooter sale @$999 (reg $1699) incl Freeshipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$999
Savings:
41%
Retailer:
Freemotionshop.com
Was shopping around for some CNC honeycomb pedals for my incoming EUC when I spotted this escooter deal at Freemotion Shop. They ship from US to NA & IMO are legit.

IMO this Speedway Leger is a great deal at $999 (from $1699). Its made by the famed escoot brand Dualtron (those into uber ultra highspeed & highpriced escoots will know Dualtron) with a claim topend of ~45kph & range of ~50kms. For an average size person, I believe the top speed but ofcos range will depend on rider weight & ave speeds.

It has a 500w motor with a 16ah panasonic pak (not cheap chimade batts found in most lowend pevs). It also sports dual spring suspension & the famed Minimotor Ey3 (aka eye) display throttle. Everything on this escoot exudes quality (IMO over & above most of the other lowend scoots).

IMHO this is the best escoot <$1k & the least spec'd scoot I'd ride. Indeed I ordered one for the SO so she can join me on leisure rides as she vehemently will not try any of my EUCs 🤨Face With Rolling Eyes

There's also an Inmotion L8f escoot for $599 (from $799) for the budget minded. No experience on it but its likely comparable to the Xiaomi M365 & equivalents but seemingly with better build quality incl rare at this pricepoint, folding handlebars. FWIW Inmotion is a pretty big name mfgr for EUCs aka Electric Unicycles

16 replies
Nov 17, 2015
99 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Can say they are a legit shop. I ordered a Xiaomi M365 Pro 2 from them. But be prepared to pay $100+ in duties and taxes.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17784 posts
10315 upvotes
Ottawa
griffinhawk wrote: Can say they are a legit shop. I ordered a Xiaomi M365 Pro 2 from them. But be prepared to pay $100+ in duties and taxes.
can you elaborate? Carrier, brokerage, duties, and then HST/GST/PST on top of that?
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3907 posts
2827 upvotes
Calgary
warpdrive wrote: can you elaborate? Carrier, brokerage, duties, and then HST/GST/PST on top of that?
Local tax/s are charged at checkout. Any additionals I would think are the (scam) brokerage fees.
Nov 7, 2017
199 posts
487 upvotes
Montreal
This is the best scooter you can get for the price. Similar to a Zero 9 but just better.
Nov 17, 2015
99 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
warpdrive wrote: can you elaborate? Carrier, brokerage, duties, and then HST/GST/PST on top of that?
Basically they charged me all the above you mentioned. They ship through UPS.
Jun 5, 2018
184 posts
281 upvotes
How does this compare to Ninebot Max?
Mar 2, 2015
458 posts
1089 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Upvotes for great customer service at that shop. You will likely have to pay import duties (estimates are spot on), but their service and delivery speed are great.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14743 posts
2466 upvotes
Toronto
griffinhawk wrote: Can say they are a legit shop. I ordered a Xiaomi M365 Pro 2 from them. But be prepared to pay $100+ in duties and taxes.
The last time I ordered from Freemotionshop I prepaid taxes at checkout and then got notice from UPS that I owed duties/taxes/fees. Looks like they forgot to prepay the taxes when they created the shipping label. Luckily, I messaged Freemotion over Facebook and they paid UPS all the duties/taxes/fees for me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3907 posts
2827 upvotes
Calgary
tkl2020 wrote: How does this compare to Ninebot Max?
IMO (& only MO) this Speedway Leger destroys the Ninebot. Infact they're not in the same category.

1. This Leger has suspension, front & back. For those not acquainted with such technology, its like walking barefoot or with runners on cement. Barefoot, we feel everything, every little stones, pebbles, cracks & imperfections. If one has ever ridden a non suspended scoot, you'll get it. Literally in the hands, body & feet. One major reason I sold my Xiaomi m365pro is cos I couldn't take the pounding anymore.

2.This Leger has a claimed topend of 45kph or 28mph. Reviews says some have gone ~50kph. Your ave Ninebot does 30ish kph.

3. Quality of construction & parts. Speedway is built by Minimotors of Korea, which also mfgrs Dualtron, one of the higher (if not highest) priced & best rated escoots available. This ain't the Chinese scoots we're much acquainted with, not that they're bad but just that the Korean stuff are on another level.

All for a couple of hundred more. Suspension upgrades (if available) are about $200 for the M365 & thats just for the front. If one is gonna invest in this mode of transport & leisure, one can do much worse than this scoot. IMO ofcos. Do some homework on it as I'm sure Unc Goog'll have a lot to say.
Aug 29, 2010
424 posts
458 upvotes
scotsum wrote: IMO (& only MO) this Speedway Leger destroys the Ninebot. Infact they're not in the same category.

1. This Leger has suspension, front & back. For those not acquainted with such technology, its like walking barefoot or with runners on cement. Barefoot, we feel everything, every little stones, pebbles, cracks & imperfections. If one has ever ridden a non suspended scoot, you'll get it. Literally in the hands, body & feet. One major reason I sold my Xiaomi m365pro is cos I couldn't take the pounding anymore.

2.This Leger has a claimed topend of 45kph or 28mph. Reviews says some have gone ~50kph. Your ave Ninebot does 30ish kph.

3. Quality of construction & parts. Speedway is built by Minimotors of Korea, which also mfgrs Dualtron, one of the higher (if not highest) priced & best rated escoots available. This ain't the Chinese scoots we're much acquainted with, not that they're bad but just that the Korean stuff are on another level.

All for a couple of hundred more. Suspension upgrades (if available) are about $200 for the M365 & thats just for the front. If one is gonna invest in this mode of transport & leisure, one can do much worse than this scoot. IMO ofcos. Do some homework on it as I'm sure Unc Goog'll have a lot to say.
I guess it's already sold out. Was looking at GOTWAY DTEN ELECTRIC SCOOTER as well.. but it's also sold out.. what are you thoughts on those?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3907 posts
2827 upvotes
Calgary
chinook79 wrote: I guess it's already sold out. Was looking at GOTWAY DTEN ELECTRIC SCOOTER as well.. but it's also sold out.. what are you thoughts on those?
Well, 4 outta the 5 EUCs I currently own are made by Gotway. Reason's cos they perform. IME there's very few (perhaps 1 other) wheels that perform like Gotways. I love how effortlessly they accelerate & how torquey they are in climbing dirt inclines as steep as 40°. & they're fast as f^^k!!!

So I have no doubt the GW Dten will perform. The kink in the panties is their built quality & QA. Or lack thereof more specifically. If you're willing to put in some elbow grease in prepping it for waterproofing, loose bolts/screws/nuts, etc etc (& we who ride GW wheels are or more specifically, have to), then I can say they are a boatload of laughs. They bring me Joie de vivre as the French would say.

But if you want something like a Honda or Toyota outta box, Gotways ain't it. But to fair, the same can be said for a lot of chimade stuff. Which is why brands like Dualtron & Currus, despite being extremely high priced are so well received & valued by enthusiasts.
Dec 15, 2017
350 posts
377 upvotes
Stittsville
How good is its performance compared to a scooter like this one, which is a dual-drive:
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17784 posts
10315 upvotes
Ottawa
did anybody order this? Looking for good 500W+ scooter. Ideally, 35km top speed and less than 40lbs.

It was a good deal for sure, but OOS now but maybe going into fall there will be more deals. Interested in whether there were duties or not from this retailer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)