Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3302 upvotes
Vikram19 wrote: Got the same email! Thanks again Webslinger!
You're welcome. When I tell people to send in tickets it's because I believe there's a chance that only FPL can resolve the problem.
Thanks for updating us.
Aug 21, 2011
53 posts
1 upvote
POINTE-AUX-TREMBLES
I tried to register for an account but they won't let me put my contact number because I have a 438 regional code. I put a random number with a 514 regional and got my account but now I can't do the confirmation thing because I can't put my real home phone number. Does anyone have this same problem ?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3302 upvotes
thisismadness wrote: I tried to register for an account but they won't let me put my contact number because I have a 438 regional code. I put a random number with a 514 regional and got my account but now I can't do the confirmation thing because I can't put my real home phone number. Does anyone have this same problem ?
Try contacting them: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Jun 9, 2002
190 posts
68 upvotes
Hello,

I was finally ready to purchase an unlock key from them only until I discovered that the price had jumped to $60 now!!!

Does anyone know if they do promotions like $10 off or something like that?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1803 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver
I have never seen a promotion for an unlock key. However, $60 is a steal for the service they're offering.
Jun 9, 2002
190 posts
68 upvotes
PianoGuy wrote: I have never seen a promotion for an unlock key. However, $60 is a steal for the service they're offering.
Yes, I agree. Was just wondering if it was worth waiting for it. Is it 13% HST on this?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3302 upvotes
mockingbird wrote: Yes, I agree. Was just wondering if it was worth waiting for it.
No. Will never happen. It was $50+tax for over 5 years.
Is it 13% HST on this?
$60 + tax
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3417 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
Is this really a deal if you;re looking to have e911? Whats the new charge?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3302 upvotes
redkulat wrote: Is this really a deal if you;re looking to have e911?
If you dial E911 less than twice a year, yes (or less than every 3 years with Anveo's $0.80 USD/monthly fee) vs. paying $1.50 USD/month with Callcentric or VoIP.ms. By the way, the new E911 $35 (CAD)/call fee with FPL has been discussed many times in this thread and in others on RFD already. Ask yourself how often you're calling 911.
Aug 12, 2014
27 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mockingbird wrote: Hello,

I was finally ready to purchase an unlock key from them only until I discovered that the price had jumped to $60 now!!!

Does anyone know if they do promotions like $10 off or something like that?
PianoGuy wrote: I have never seen a promotion for an unlock key. However, $60 is a steal for the service they're offering.
I agree with PianoGuy..there's no other alternative service provider that offers one-time fee. I've been using FPL for years and I have not had any issues. You will notice savings very quickly even with slightly increased price.
Sep 5, 2009
71 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a way to disable incoming faxes? I'm getting junk faxes from some window company that uses different numbers each time.

What's the best way to deal with this nonsense?
Dec 15, 2012
620 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
anyone else get an error?

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException
note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3 logs.

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3302 upvotes
cage_ wrote: Is there a way to disable incoming faxes?
No more than it's possible to disable incoming phone calls (or individually call block them) and have them go directly to voicemail

That is, you can block all incoming calls and have them drop straight to voicemail (but that isn't terribly useful). A fax is an incoming call.

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 24&p=68812
FONGO_steve wrote:As per our terms and conditions and privacy policy we do not disclose your number to any third parties. Unfortunately spam faxes are no different than auto-dialed telemarketing calls.
cage_ wrote:What's the best way to deal with this nonsense?
I'm not entirely sure. Presumably, if the faxes are coming from a Canadian source, in theory, you could add yourself to the Do Not Call list: https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/insnum-regnum-eng
And then you could, again, in theory, file complaints to the CRTC.

However, the do not call list is often considered a joke because it's a location for foreign telemarketers to collect everyone's phone number. And they'll just spoof outgoing phone numbers and call you constantly.

In theory, you can also call the number at the bottom of the faxes and ask them to unregister your phone number. But you also run the risk of having the company give your phone number to other companies at that point.

Maybe some other people can provide suggestions. I don't receive fax spam.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1803 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver
cage_ wrote: What's the best way to deal with this nonsense?
The best way to deal with fax spam is to answer all calls. A physical answering machine would be good for this. If you don't have one, you could pick one up at a thrift store for $5. Alternately, (I assume the faxes are emailed to you) just set up a filter in your email client to automatically delete them.

I would have better suggestions, if they used predictable Caller ID.