Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
infilove7 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 9:21 pm
Calling from freephoneline home number. When I called the fongo mobile number, it says anonymous as caller ID and shows number too.
Is Block CID Setting set to "No" in your WRTP54G?

Voice-->Line 1-->Supplementary Service Subscription-->Block CID serv
Try changing to "No."

Do you have your name specified under Voice-->Line 1--> Subscriber Information--> "Display Name" in your WRTP54G?

Make sure you're using "Advanced view."

I'm having trouble finding an online WRTP54G emulator where I can actually see relevant Voice information.

Edit: Finally found some screenshots in this .zip file: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&p=47952
Oct 10, 2007
323 posts
92 upvotes
Webslinger wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 9:38 pm
Is Block CID Setting set to "No" in your WRTP54G?

Voice-->Line 1-->Supplementary Service Subscription-->Block CID serv

Do you have your name specified under Voice-->Line 1--> Subscriber Information--> "Display Name" in your WRTP54G?

Make sure you're using "Advanced view."

I'm having trouble finding an online WRTP54G emulator where I can actually see relevant Voice information.

Edit: Finally found some screenshot in this .zip file: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&p=47952
So both CID serv and block CID setting have to be no?

Display name has my phone number.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
infilove7 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 10:05 pm
So both CID serv and block CID setting have to be no?
No.

CID serv should be yes. Change Block CID to no.
Display name has my phone number.
That should be your name. Firstname Lastname

Change and save those settings. Then call your Fongo Mobile number.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
bogolisk wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 2:29 pm
Hi

What's the recommended DTMFMethod for obi200@FPL ? I left it at Auto and today I have a lot of troubles with CapitalOne. I have to wait for the robot to stop speaking before pressing the buttons or it would miss my inputs.
Were you using hands free speaker? Does it make a difference if you don't?
Oct 10, 2007
323 posts
92 upvotes
Webslinger wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 10:10 pm
No.

CID serv should be yes. Change Block CID to no.

That should be your name. Firstname Lastname

Change and save those settings. Then call your Fongo Mobile number.
Thank You, number is showing now. Does NAT Mapping Enable have to set to yes or no?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
infilove7 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 10:19 pm
Thank You, number is showing now. Does NAT Mapping Enable have to set to yes or no?
Set to yes

NAT Keep Alive Enable should be yes too
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2276 posts
907 upvotes
I feel lucky that I have a Merlin-Asuswrt router. VoIP just works, and works really well even when I'm maxing the bandwidth with nzb.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
infilove7 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 10:26 pm
OK, thanks again.
You're welcome. Enjoy

Edit: And sorry, I didn't fully understand what you were saying the first time you asked.
Jan 2, 2004
85 posts
29 upvotes
Hi all, need some help. Tried to search threads.
I've got google voice setup on Omihai 200 and subscribed to Anveo e911. However, the Anveo e911 SIP is showing not configured... Image

On the Anveo dashboard side it says "Not Connected" - I guess I'm unsure how a 911 call will route through Anveo vs Google Voice as my primary number...?
How do I put this together?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
nhsadika wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 11:20 am
I've got google voice setup on Omihai 200 and subscribed to Anveo e911. However, the Anveo e911 SIP is showing not configured... Image

On the Anveo dashboard side it says "Not Connected" - I guess I'm unsure how a 911 call will route through Anveo vs Google Voice as my primary number...?

Your pic is really tiny/blurry on my smartphone. I can't make out anything. And I probably won't be near a computer until later tonight.

I don't use Anveo e911. Pianoguy doesn't use the Obitalk web portal.
For that matter, I can't remember if anyone in this thread uses Anveo e911.
Afaik, you log into Obitalk, and then click the button from https://www.anveo.com/e911obi.asp and follow the instructions.

You may be better off asking here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0
Or open up a ticket with Anveo: http://www.anveo.com/contactus.asp
Nov 17, 2004
302 posts
144 upvotes
nhsadika wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 11:20 am

I used obitalk's preconfigured setup for Anveo e911. To test Anveo setup, dial 933 for '911 verification and audio test system', it'll announce your address, ask you to say something and play back what you said.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3141 posts
660 upvotes
Speaking of E911 has anyone used it with FPL? Configuration aside and assuming its setup correctly, if required how was the overall experience in an emergency situation?
Jul 10, 2006
395 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
JonSnow wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 5:53 pm
Speaking of E911 has anyone used it with FPL? Configuration aside and assuming its setup correctly, if required how was the overall experience in an emergency situation?
I've called 911 it just to try it out, but would recommend this since you are obligated to be transferred to a live 911 operator. You go through an intermediary operator who verifies your name, phone, and address. Then forwards you to the regular 911 operator. The intermediary operator answered within 5 rings. Seems pretty seamless.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3285 upvotes
JonSnow wrote:
Jan 27th, 2016 5:53 pm
I'll copy and paste what I wrote from another thread.

VoIP E911 is a two step process. With Freephonline, after dialing 911, the initial E911 call centre, which does have my name, address, and call back number, still has to transfer the call to local dispatch (PSAP), which doesn't have my name, address, and phone number.

In some rare instances, I suppose it's possible that Northern911 (I'm guessing this is what FPL uses, but I'm not sure) may not transfer to the correct local dispatch (PSAP) number (human error happens).

Some people I configured services for in the past were very paranoid about VoIP E911 and forced me to do a test call. Worked fine. That is, the first person I reached had name and address info; they ask for confirmation. And the call was promptly transferred to local dispatch and correct address info was given to local dispatch, verbally, by the first call centre. Worked fine each and every time I was asked to test.

Also, keep in mind that with FPL each E911 call is $35. If you dial 911 less than twice a year (or less than every 3 years with Anveo's $0.80 USD/monthly fee) vs. paying $1.50 USD/month with Callcentric or VoIP.ms, you're ahead with FPL. And you're paying an ongoing minimum monthly fee of $3.98 with Ooma. Ask yourself how often you're calling 911. If you're a senior citizen with a lot of health issues, maybe FPL is a bad idea. (And I don't mean to belittle this point. Everyone gets old. Health is a serious matter.) Otherwise, you'll end up way ahead using a FPL/Google Voice combo in the long run (in terms of cost).

Here's the thing . . . I used to talk to FPL reps several years ago over the phone, back when they allowed tech support calls. And even then a e911 fee was listed (but not in the FAQs), and I inquired about it. I was told the fee was intended to dissuade people from test calling 911--and that people wouldn't actually be charged.

Fast forward to now, and the $35 per call E911 fee is listed in the FAQs. It's listed all over the place. It's certainly enough to prevent me from testing 911 on FPL. Reps are now saying you will be charged no matter what when you dial 911. Is that true? Maybe. Is that enough to scare me from testing 911? Sure. Has anyone been charged yet? Not that I know of. Anyway, no one is going to be calling 911 using FPL unless it's really necessary now, and if that's the intent, I'm fine with it. And if I really need E911 as a backup (my smartphone is always nearby), it's there for me.
In the meantime, I'm not paying ongoing monthly fees for something I'm not using.

VoIP E911 is available all the time under these conditions:

1) You have electricity. A UPS is always a good idea.

2) Your internet service isn't out.

3) Your VoIP service isn't down.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have a smartphone . . .