Computers & Electronics

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2024 10:58 pm
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
krazykanuck wrote: Changed to voip2.freephoneline.ca, reentered all credentials but that didn't fix anything, rebooted Obi and routers each time. I noticed in my logs that the last successful call was the night before they made their changes. I have always been using voip.freephoneline.ca and never a direct IP address, but possibly something is still lingering from the upgrades they did...my SIP status at FPL always says disconnected..
[/quote

What changes are you referring to?
edit: nevermind I see they were changing servers. And service status still listed as "degraded".

I suggest going to the obi forum for tech help. Good folks there can help with creative as well as the simple or obvious lol.
Last edited by gameon12 on Jan 30th, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43246 upvotes
ONTARIO
So this is weird, but is freephoneline voicemail down or something?

Voicemail no longer seems to be picking up on my home phone. It just keeps ringing and ringing when people call. I tested it myself by calling from my cell and same thing. Just rings forever until I hang up.

I double checked my FPL settings and nothing has changed. It's still set for voicemail to pick up after 5 rings.

Is VM not working for anyone else? Never seen this before. I even rebooted the Obi just to be sure and it still rings forever.

I know if you use the default port 5060 and get hackers using sip scanners, then it can cause it to ring indefinitely until you pick up, but I don't use the default port and this isn't sip scanners.

Edit: it seems to have fixed itself. So possibly it was a temporary issue on FPL's end.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
BobSagget wrote: So this is weird, but is freephoneline voicemail down or something?

Voicemail no longer seems to be picking up on my home phone. It just keeps ringing and ringing when people call. I tested it myself by calling from my cell and same thing. Just rings forever until I hang up.

I double checked my FPL settings and nothing has changed. It's still set for voicemail to pick up after 5 rings.

Is VM not working for anyone else? Never seen this before. I even rebooted the Obi just to be sure and it still rings forever.

I know if you use the default port 5060 and get hackers using sip scanners, then it can cause it to ring indefinitely until you pick up, but I don't use the default port and this isn't sip scanners.

Edit: it seems to have fixed itself. So possibly it was a temporary issue on FPL's end.
FPL made some server changes recently: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 702#p76878 and many people are having problems. VM is just one of them,

I'm thinking my issue w/not being able to place calls is also related to the degraded performance issues: https://status.fongo.com/

Edit: Found my issue - it seems Google Chrome automatically populated my FPL portal username and email address as being my SIP username and password...ugh.
Dec 31, 2006
935 posts
764 upvotes
any ideas on why it would tell me Sorry... the number is not available to be transferred to Fongo
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
mike10 wrote: any ideas on why it would tell me Sorry... the number is not available to be transferred to Fongo
Not all numbers (rate centers) can be accepted by a specific voip provider. Perhaps your number is from a smaller center/town/village?
Sep 25, 2007
558 posts
190 upvotes
I'm all of sudden unable to place calls. I get , "The number you have dialed is not in service...". However, I am able to receive calls. Using two ATAs with a Asterisk server. Also tried to change the url to voip2.freephoneline.ca, no dice. Nothing changed on my end. Thoughts here?
Oct 16, 2017
397 posts
1218 upvotes
is the call quality between FPL and Fongo the same?
I paid $25 to portin my number, but the call quality is very bad.
I've been on several different networks (different wifis) and they are all really bad.
I have used VOIP.MS before and it wasn't that bad.
Dec 25, 2012
23 posts
18 upvotes
Has anyone been able to register recently? When I try to pick a phone number it reloads the same page.
Dec 6, 2011
440 posts
319 upvotes
Area 51
Any idea how to configure FL with Groundwire? I am getting this message when doing outgoing calling "That password is invalid", but I can receive incoming calls.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5136 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
I couldn't find the answer through search.

I have set the # rings before going to voicemail to 8 and 12, but neither are working.
It is still 4 rings before voicemail prompt.

Using a grandstream ATA if that makes any difference. I thought this is controlled on the server side.
Oct 24, 2004
829 posts
192 upvotes
Is anyones service down? I hear a dial tone but when I call it's not going through or calls coming in.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote: Is anyones service down? I hear a dial tone but when I call it's not going through or calls coming in.
Mine is working.
Try reboot your ATA box.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
1145 posts
468 upvotes
Waterloo
shan52 wrote: Any idea how to configure FL with Groundwire? I am getting this message when doing outgoing calling "That password is invalid", but I can receive incoming calls.
No problem here and I just went through the config on a new device. The only thing I configured was my username, password and server.
Oct 24, 2004
829 posts
192 upvotes
embguy wrote: Mine is working.
Try reboot your ATA box.
Thanks. It came down to rebooting the modem, not sure what happened there.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
mre wrote: No problem here and I just went through the config on a new device. The only thing I configured was my username, password and server.
Yep but remember it's not your FPL account login creds. It's the SIP Username, SIP Password and Inbound/Outbound Proxy showing in the SIP Settings tab of your account.
Dec 8, 2010
44 posts
1 upvote
Etobicoke
I have an obi200 connected directly to my cordlesss phone. Everything works fine.

If I try to connect my obi to any of my phone wall jacks, then connect my phones to the wall jacks, incoming calls don’t ring. I can the see incoming call coming thru but the phone won’t ring. If I try other phones, it rings but it’s a faint ring. If I pick up the handset, the call does come through and I can talk and listen without any issues. Any idea why I can’t connect my obi to the wall jacks to connect my entire house. I’ve already disconnected the phone line coming into the demarc box outside.

Any help is appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
USING INCREDIBLEPBX/freepbcx/asterisk with freephoneline and now all outgoing calls shows as unknown/private caller?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)