Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Mar 8, 2018
40 posts
295 upvotes
Hi, I am very new to this wondering if this setup very difficult? If someone can give me idea what type of setup I am looking at? Thank you
Sep 27, 2004
269 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
It is happening again!

I cannot get any phone calls. The prompt is 'The xx you are trying to reach isn't available. Please leave a message'.

However, I am able to initiate a phone call.

Tried to power it off and on again and didn't help. Monitored it with obitalk account and everything seems fine.

Tried to open a ticket with freephoneline but no where to go. Does anyone know what to do next?

Thanks in advance.
Dec 23, 2008
880 posts
89 upvotes
Guelph
JayJJJ wrote: It is happening again!

I cannot get any phone calls. The prompt is 'The xx you are trying to reach isn't available. Please leave a message'.

However, I am able to initiate a phone call.

Tried to power it off and on again and didn't help. Monitored it with obitalk account and everything seems fine.

Tried to open a ticket with freephoneline but no where to go. Does anyone know what to do next?

Thanks in advance.
Same issue on my end. According to https://status.fongo.com/ there was some System Maintenance/Upgrade this morning.

Scheduled - Temporary Downtime for Fongo Mobile, Fongo Home Phone, and FreePhoneLine
Scheduled for Jan 18, 00:00 - Jan 18, 06:00 (EST)
Scheduled - System Maintenance/Upgrade: Users may experience downtime (not able to make/receive calls & voicemails) for 10-20 minutes during the window of time specified. No action is required by users.
Jan 14, 2021 - 09:16 (EST)
Jan 17, 2021
3 posts
I am experiencing the same problem. Just wondering if anybody else is using Bell Fibe as their ISP. I don't know when calls started going right to voice mail, but the first I found out about it was 11:00 Am today. We had a small problem with Bell Fibe this morning but it was rectified by restarting the modem. While everything else in the house internet related is working fine now, calls are still going directly to voice mail on our freephoneline number. I know it is a longshot and the two problems are most likely not related, but I thought I would ask anyway. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1286 posts
597 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Incoming calls not working here...
Jan 17, 2021
3 posts
I am in the same boat. Incoming calls are going straight to voicemail as well.
Jan 17, 2021
3 posts
It works! Incoming calls started coming in again this afternoon. Phone is working perfectly now.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2014
1209 posts
654 upvotes
Two days in a row I get a OBiTALK device service alert, outage at 3 am and resumes at 3:15 am. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3496 posts
571 upvotes
Valleywood
I am still not receiving incoming calls. Two different setups, in two different cities.

Even FPL line to FPL line is getting the "Person at this number ...".
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2769 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
fastlayne wrote: I am still not receiving incoming calls. Two different setups, in two different cities.

Even FPL line to FPL line is getting the "Person at this number ...".
Have you tried restarting VoIP hardware? I had to restart this morning.
Apr 14, 2006
795 posts
66 upvotes
Markham
Depends on what VOIP box you purchase but the setup is pretty simple and should take like 15min or so.
Mar 8, 2018
40 posts
295 upvotes
Hi Trowa, which box would you suggest to buy? Thank for info

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)