Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8303 posts
1871 upvotes
Ontario
porksoda wrote: I think it disconnects after 4hrs.
Sorry, I was referring to disconnecting on shorter calls than that (no real pattern, happened within a few minutes, another at 14 minutes, etc).

I tried rebooting my Obi box to see if the ole 'turning it off and on again' solves this one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8303 posts
1871 upvotes
Ontario
Yeah that solved nothing. Disconnects are getting more frequent. Gonna need to dive into the settings.

Anyone recommend a starting place for frequent disconnects (where no issue existed for a while)? I have a custom router pfsense.

If it helps, it also disconnected during testing with my other line which is on voip.ms

Considering it spans across various services, what is a more likely culprit:
- Obi box settings? (Seems less likely right?)
- pfsense router?
- cordless phones are the issue? (I can try to test with a landline to rule out)

Edit: turns out my internet is currently very spotty, which might be the cause. Going to address that first.
Nov 21, 2007
540 posts
61 upvotes
Navon01 wrote: Did anyone experience or have any knowledge why my home line using FPL and OBI200 disconnect every time someone messages me of Facebook messenger onto my cell phone?

Both cell phone and obi on home wifi.
Anyone? Or any recommd on what to look for while troubleshooting?
Mar 2, 2006
386 posts
168 upvotes
sci05 wrote: Has anyone setup freephoneline with Grandstream HT802?

I tired to set it up with the instructions from http://voipfan.net/ATAs/HT502_freephoneline.php.

I get a status of Registered, but I can't receiver or make any calls.

Any one have any ideas it'd be really appreciated.
incase anyone else is looking in the future the settings i used are in the pdf (FPL Grandstream HT701 (1.0.8.2) Guide.v5) found here

you can always pm me as well if for some reason the pdf gets taken down or the thread disappears.
Apr 15, 2018
10 posts
Thanks. This is quite useful for when I am overseas but still need a call back
Dec 8, 2006
177 posts
11 upvotes
I want to use freephoneline with a SPA2102 but am unsure of the quality I will get in western canada (edmonton) given FPL servers are all in Ontario. Can anyone chime on on the quality of calls using FPL with an ATA?
Feb 27, 2012
57 posts
26 upvotes
WEST VANCOUVER
Quick question - I've tried to read the thread and search for this. Saw some notes but might not reflect what i'm experiencing.

I am currently using Micropsip and can connect and it works. However after 15min it drops. It still says connected but basically its dead silence. Ive turned off SIP in my router settings but was wondering if there was anything else which could work? Or settings?

Thanks

Reread the post: Doing this in my router settings:

"The keep alive interval for FPL is 20. The SIP Registration Failure Retry Wait Time is 120. I use 17 for UDP Unreplied Timeout and 117 for UDP Assured Timeout."

Worked so far.
Nov 11, 2006
517 posts
464 upvotes
@ home
y'all shouldn't have pissed off Webslinger ..

He would have fixed all our problems
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4977 posts
264 upvotes
Stoney Creek
Y'all can thank Konowl for that
May 6, 2009
60 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
Not sure what happened to me , but j get no more voicemail. I leave a message after the tone but it keeps saying no message when I check.

Any ideas ?
I have my own answering machine a Panasonic too.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1795 posts
334 upvotes
phantomvs wrote: Not sure what happened to me , but j get no more voicemail. I leave a message after the tone but it keeps saying no message when I check.

Any ideas ?
I have my own answering machine a Panasonic too.
I've had issues with voicemail once in a while. Sometimes you don't get the voicemail notification for a few hours.
May 6, 2009
60 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
Ok so I updated my obi200 to latest firmware 5921ex
It seems that fixed the voicemail issue.
Will keep an eye on it.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1482 posts
149 upvotes
wonder if anyone can help.. i have some issue..

Whenever i have power issue.. all my equipment down..

then when power is back.. internet is back.. my obi200 connects.. seems to be .. i try to call.. dial tone no issue.. enter the number but then no sound.. no error no nothing.. what i have to do is to reboot the obi200 while internet is up.. then issue is all fixed.

What i think is likely when obi200 was up after the power back.. it is up before internet is up.. so. something is not fully registered and causing the issue.. so i have to re-power the obi a 2nd time while internet is up.

but why like this ? is there a setting I need to change so I dont have to manually recycle the obi when the internet is up?

thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2283 posts
1098 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone able to make calls from their Google Hangout/Voice number to a FPL #?

When I do, it goes straight to the voicemail of the FPL #. Is FPL blocking Google Voice/Hangout calls?

It was working fine recently up until a few weeks ago where I can no longer make calls to my FPL#.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!