Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

May 14, 2012
274 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
Navon01 wrote: Did anyone experience or have any knowledge why my home line using FPL and OBI200 disconnect every time someone messages me of Facebook messenger onto my cell phone?

Both cell phone and obi on home wifi.
Navon01 wrote: Anyone? Or any recommd on what to look for while troubleshooting?
Sorry, no clue.

But you can try turning on the Obihai debug log and see if anything unusual comes up.
May 14, 2012
274 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
softech wrote: wonder if anyone can help.. i have some issue..

Whenever i have power issue.. all my equipment down..

then when power is back.. internet is back.. my obi200 connects.. seems to be .. i try to call.. dial tone no issue.. enter the number but then no sound.. no error no nothing.. what i have to do is to reboot the obi200 while internet is up.. then issue is all fixed.

What i think is likely when obi200 was up after the power back.. it is up before internet is up.. so. something is not fully registered and causing the issue.. so i have to re-power the obi a 2nd time while internet is up.

but why like this ? is there a setting I need to change so I dont have to manually recycle the obi when the internet is up?

thanks
Did you set up your obihai using Webslinger's guide? I remember there is a section on failover that talks about something like that.

Also, you can log in to the freephoneline account and see if your device is connected successfully or not.
May 14, 2012
274 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
AsianXL wrote: Anyone able to make calls from their Google Hangout/Voice number to a FPL #?

When I do, it goes straight to the voicemail of the FPL #. Is FPL blocking Google Voice/Hangout calls?

It was working fine recently up until a few weeks ago where I can no longer make calls to my FPL#.
Just tried calling from my GV number. No problem here.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2275 posts
1073 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Fixed it.
I had to change my sip port to a different one on my pap2t despite the fact that Ive already power cycled the Ata and had not made any changes to the settings in years.
Second time I had to do this over the past 8 years.
It's so weird that it just stops taking incoming calls after awhile.
Must be a bug.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Nov 23, 2012
172 posts
84 upvotes
Ontario
AsianXL wrote: Fixed it.
I had to change my sip port to a different one on my pap2t despite the fact that Ive already power cycled the Ata and had not made any changes to the settings in years.
Second time I had to do this over the past 8 years.
It's so weird that it just stops taking incoming calls after awhile.
Must be a bug.
As mentioned in this guide on page 47,

"if changing [local sip port] works, you were dealing with a corrupted NAT connection in your router. Possibly a NAT router connection was never disconnected or never timed out properly. And, then, the ATA keeps the corrupted connection in a persistent state over and over again."

You seem to have been told to switch to Asuswrt-Merlin for that reason and to adjust UDP timeout settings in your router over here, which would be the real fix. Changing local SIP port is just a kludge.

Corrupted NAT connections can occur without anyone changing anything.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2275 posts
1073 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dahlya wrote: As mentioned in this guide on page 47,

"if changing [local sip port] works, you were dealing with a corrupted NAT connection in your router. Possibly a NAT router connection was never disconnected or never timed out properly. And, then, the ATA keeps the corrupted connection in a persistent state over and over again."

You seem to have been told to switch to Asuswrt-Merlin for that reason and to adjust UDP timeout settings in your router over here, which would be the real fix. Changing local SIP port is just a kludge.

Corrupted NAT connections can occur without anyone changing anything.
Yeah I don't want to mess with 3rd party firmwares at the moment.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Nov 23, 2012
172 posts
84 upvotes
Ontario
AsianXL wrote: Yeah I don't want to mess with 3rd party firmwares at the moment.
Merlin is excellent, and it's really easy to install over existing Asus firmware. Just make a backup of your settings before switching, but if you feel uncomfortable then wait for someone to help you out.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2275 posts
1073 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dahlya wrote: Merlin is excellent, and it's really easy to install over existing Asus firmware. Just make a backup of your settings before switching, but if you feel uncomfortable then wait for someone to help you out.
Does Merlin support mesh networks?
Thinking of buying another AC66U, flash that with Merlin, set that up as an AP, then flash my existing AC66U with merlin then set that up as a mesh network. I can't risk having any downtime in my home network.

EDIT: Just found out that my existing AC66U is an A2, so it doesn't support Merlin. Can I mix an AC66U B1 (Merlin) with an AC66U A2 (Stock) with mesh?
Nov 23, 2012
172 posts
84 upvotes
Ontario
AsianXL wrote: Does Merlin support mesh networks?
Yes, AFAIK.
Thinking of buying another AC66U
You mentioned RT-AC68U over here?
Can I mix an AC66U B1 (Merlin) with an AC66U A2 (Stock) with mesh?
I don't know, but you can try asking.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2275 posts
1073 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dahlya wrote: Yes, AFAIK.

You mentioned RT-AC68U over here?

I don't know, but you can try asking.
My apologies, I always get the two mixed up. Actually I currently have the RT-AC68U A2.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1481 posts
149 upvotes
steerwheel wrote: Did you set up your obihai using Webslinger's guide? I remember there is a section on failover that talks about something like that.

Also, you can log in to the freephoneline account and see if your device is connected successfully or not.
Yes, i followed the guide when i first set it up.. i did made some chnages earlier..i guess time to carefully read the "bible" again :) thanks
Nov 23, 2012
172 posts
84 upvotes
Ontario
softech wrote: Yes, i followed the guide when i first set it up.. i did made some chnages earlier..i guess time to carefully read the "bible" again :) thanks
You might want to provide your model and brand of modem, router, and FPL's Service Status from your ATA when the problem occurs.
I suspect a UDP timeout issue given that Webslinger specifically mentions not being able to reconnect properly after power outages when UDP timeouts aren't set properly in his guide.
This is just parroting what he wrote. Take a good look at #4.
That's why choosing a router firmware that permits changing both Assured and Unreplied UDP timeouts is important.
I would ask over here.

When my devices are shut down and power up, they automatically reconnect eventually, after the period defined by RegisterRetryInterval in the ATA, regardless of the order they were turned on.

But as Webslinger always says for people that don't have UDP timeouts set properly, proper device reboot order is always modem (wait for it to be completely up and connected)-->router (wait for the modem to be connected before turning on the router)--->ATA (wait for the router to be fully up and running first before turning on the ATA)
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
1481 posts
149 upvotes
Dahlya wrote: You might want to provide your model and brand of modem, router, and FPL's Service Status from your ATA when the problem occurs.
I suspect a UDP timeout issue given that Webslinger specifically mentions not being able to reconnect properly after power outages when UDP timeouts aren't set properly in his guide.
This is just parroting what he wrote. Take a good look at #4.
That's why choosing a router firmware that permits changing both Assured and Unreplied UDP timeouts is important.
I would ask over here.
thanks. i will check the guide again..
Feb 16, 2018
102 posts
37 upvotes
My obi 202 device admin password is reverting back to default password even after changing. How do i fix this? Please advise.
Jul 26, 2004
242 posts
4 upvotes
hello everyone,
I need help, please:
i have a FPL account for few years and used it with obi200 device. the phone stopped working few days ago, the obi200 power led blinks green-red, in obitalk account shows the device is offline and in FPL account SIP shows disconnected. is the obihai device busted? or is anything that i can do to have the phone working again?
thanks in advance