Freebies

freephoneline.ca - Free Local Soft Phone Line for lifetime VOIP

Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
is FPL secure? can people eavesdropping your calls? is that the same call quality with VOIP.MS?
Mar 8, 2015
63 posts
41 upvotes
North York, ON
What's a recommended VOIP adapter these days? Few years back Linksys PAP2T was ok, then everyone liked Obi200, which I think got sold off to Polycom? What's good/solid to get these days?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11874 posts
10806 upvotes
I am still using Linksys ATA.
I don't have Google voice number in addition to FPL number. That was my reason not to get Obi ATA a few years ago.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Mar 8, 2006
231 posts
8 upvotes
St-Constant, QC
Anyone having issues making outgoing calls today? I'm able to get incoming calls. And I can make outgoing calls only to Fongo numbers.
I'm using Cisco/SPA112-1.4.1_SR5 with freephoneline. I've tried the voip2 sever and have the same issue. I never had this issue before. Reboot didn't help. No errors in the ATA logs. And there is no incidents reported today on https://status.fongo.com/
Mar 8, 2006
231 posts
8 upvotes
St-Constant, QC
Today my freephoneline (FPL) was working for several outbound calls, but than got the same behavior as yesterday all inbound calls are working, but outbound only to another Fongo numbers.
Feb 14, 2014
17 posts
4 upvotes
Dahlya wrote: Step #1, posted August 27th
Great timing and thanks for the posts Dahlya and vserg! Had the same issue today and it fixed it: "Dial *68 to remove caller ID blocking on all outbound calls."
Feb 14, 2014
17 posts
4 upvotes
Has anyone figured out a work around for when follow me is on, you are on the first call, and the second incoming (non fpl or fongo) call fails to connect (i.e. call wait does not kick in)? I believe the issue was mentioned before.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3244 posts
681 upvotes
Any deals out there for the OBI202? They seem to have gotten very expensive lately!!
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
fredsmith wrote: Any deals out there for the OBI202? They seem to have gotten very expensive lately!!
Yeah I remember there used to be all kinds of deals on them to get them for $50 or less. I think Polycom kind of killed them. I.e. they are way more expensive or not made as much. I wonder what people offer as a more price competitive option.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1032 posts
463 upvotes
Lookup Analog Telephone Adapter on ebaydotcom. Other brands like GS Cisco etc. New and used. There's even an OBI100 listed there. I have mine still and it works fine without GV. I've bought used OBI110's too.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1302 posts
273 upvotes
So a couple of days ago I turned of IPv6 on my Rogers Hitron modem. I'm using OBI110 for freephoneline, and it wouldn't register with voip4.freephoneline.ca anymore even after rebooting. I finally managed to register again by changing to voip2.freephoneline.ca then voip3.freephoneline.ca and back to voip4.freephoneline.ca. Strange problem and solution.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
A little story that might help some people in the future.

Was at my mom's and noticed her ATA was not working (Linksys PAP ATA). She has a free Bell phone line right now so the forwarding from Freephoneline to that was still working fine. No dialtone. I tried getting in to the IVR but I couldn't. I unplugged it, plugged it back in. It wasn't showing up on her network. I was not sure what was going on. There were two lights on. Was very confused. I had a second ATA at home so decided to grab that charger from that one and tested it the next time I was over and sure enough more lights lit up and everything booted and worked fine. Never had a power adapter fail on me on any device before.

I looked at buying a replacement charger online and cheapest for a no name brand version with same specs was around $15. I decided to look around at work this morning and found a charger from an old security camera so grabbed that, plugged it in and my other ATA is working fine.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11874 posts
10806 upvotes
YLSF wrote: A little story that might help some people in the future.

Was at my mom's and noticed her ATA was not working (Linksys PAP ATA). She has a free Bell phone line right now so the forwarding from Freephoneline to that was still working fine. No dialtone. I tried getting in to the IVR but I couldn't. I unplugged it, plugged it back in. It wasn't showing up on her network. I was not sure what was going on. There were two lights on. Was very confused. I had a second ATA at home so decided to grab that charger from that one and tested it the next time I was over and sure enough more lights lit up and everything booted and worked fine. Never had a power adapter fail on me on any device before.

I looked at buying a replacement charger online and cheapest for a no name brand version with same specs was around $15. I decided to look around at work this morning and found a charger from an old security camera so grabbed that, plugged it in and my other ATA is working fine.
The power brick can be repaired.

If you open the power adapter, you will find 1 or more leaky or domed top capacitor. Replace it. I did mine over 1 year ago and it is still working.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

redmintgold