Expired Hot Deals

Fresh Co

India Gate Premium Basmati Rice 10lb bag $8.88 (GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2020 1:06 am
14 replies
Dec 30, 2013
233 posts
982 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP - Honestly we need a thread for basmati rice with offers like these - I am going broke buying groceries especially things like rice of which the fam jam eats a lot.
Anyone else with basmati rice offers - please keep us posted - Lol - Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2645 posts
1246 upvotes
GTA
coutinho365 wrote:
Anyone else with basmati rice offers - please keep us posted - Lol - Thanks
Can’t remember exact price but Costco has similar price for basmati rice
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
1452 posts
984 upvotes
costco's kirkland are miles better than this india gate crap . the elephant brand and tilda are good too.
"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked" - Warren Buffett -
Mar 30, 2018
61 posts
72 upvotes
India Gate Rozanna basmati rice @8.50 in Costco...availability depends upon ur store...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
1956 posts
927 upvotes
green border, did not buy.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3363 posts
2888 upvotes
Love India Gate. Comparable to Tilda and much lower price.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1191 posts
1072 upvotes
I am no expert but I was told by several Indian grocers that the highest quality basmati rice is made by Lal Qila and is called "Traditional" special old malai dehraduni.

Can be harder to find, is more expensive but since trying it that is all I buy now.

The other Lal Qila rices (there are many) are not the same.
Nov 10, 2019
145 posts
252 upvotes
George613 wrote: I am no expert but I was told by several Indian grocers that the highest quality basmati rice is made by Lal Qila and is called "Traditional" special old malai dehraduni.

Can be harder to find, is more expensive but since trying it that is all I buy now.

The other Lal Qila rices (there are many) are not the same.
Where do you generally buy it from? I would love to try. Have had real basmati rice from Dehradun and it is the best I ever had.
Carpe Diem!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1478 posts
3325 upvotes
Canada
People really going to Freshco after what that employee was doing with those baskets?!
Live a little
Mar 21, 2005
230 posts
106 upvotes
I second costco Kirkland is the closest to real basmati I’ve tried in canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2332 posts
598 upvotes
India Gate has different varieties of Basmatti rice. Besides having variant taste qualities, some are better at water absorption and won't necessarily get as mushy or sticky as some of the lower grade qualities of Basmatti.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
570 upvotes
Few years ago, I noticed they had after taste which wasn't appealing. So my thought is, wash it twice in warm water prior to putting pot on the stove. Now a days I noticed that India Gate Basmati is not bad at all.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1870 upvotes
Scarborough
Bump. Last day of deal.