Food & Drink

Fresh Restaurants sold to the owner of Swiss Chalet, Harvey's and the Keg (Nov 1, 2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2021 12:05 pm
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
4001 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge

Fresh Restaurants sold to the owner of Swiss Chalet, Harvey's and the Keg (Nov 1, 2021)

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/1 ... t-the-keg/

https://freshplantpowered.com/locations/

about Fresh:
10 restaurants in toronto.
Since 1999, Fresh has been Toronto’s original source for modern plant-based food. We offer a full line of raw, organic cold pressed juices, and craft cocktails made with local artisanal ingredients. For 20 years it’s been our mission to prove that a plant-based diet can be satisfying, energizing and crave-able. Our food is made daily, in-house, from whole, natural ingredients.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
From Blog T.O. (last paragraph)
"One wonders how people who rely on their local Fresh for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options will respond to news that the restaurants are now owned by one of the country's top meat buyers."

Honestly, if I were a Vegan or vegetarian I might not care as much just as long as evidence shows clearly that none of the food came in contact with meat.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
playnicee1 wrote: From Blog T.O. (last paragraph)
"One wonders how people who rely on their local Fresh for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options will respond to news that the restaurants are now owned by one of the country's top meat buyers."

Honestly, if I were a Vegan or vegetarian I might not care as much just as long as evidence shows clearly that none of the food came in contact with meat.
This

I would wager a guess that most vegans & vegetarians sit down to break bread almost daily with folks who are meat eaters … and have their meals made in kitchens that cater to both / all

Be it at home, school, or the office.

Not that unusual for families now to have at least one / some vegans or vegetarians in their mix / regular circle of friends & family members
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52937 posts
18147 upvotes
ONTARIO
PointsHubby wrote: This

I would wager a guess that most vegans & vegetarians sit down to break bread almost daily with folks who are meat eaters … and have their meals made in kitchens that cater to both / all

Be it at home, school, or the office.

Not that unusual for families now to have at least one / some vegans or vegetarians in their mix / regular circle of friends & family members
lol daymn...

There is one breed of vegan that treats it like a WAR Against the 'evil meat eaters'.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)