Expired Hot Deals

[FreshCo] Eye of Round Roast $2.77/lb, Chicken Wings (frozen) 1.2kg package $5.99, Strawberries $1.67 - May 9 to 15, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 5:59 pm
[OP]
Mar 10, 2019
893 posts
912 upvotes

[FreshCo] Eye of Round Roast $2.77/lb, Chicken Wings (frozen) 1.2kg package $5.99, Strawberries $1.67 - May 9 to 15, 2019

Freshco
May 9 to 15, 2019

A few things that caught my attention were the following:

beef - eye of round roast (whole) $2.77/lb
split chicken wings-frozen (1.2kg) $5.99
strawberries 1lb $1.67
26 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21617 posts
7522 upvotes
For anyone curious the wings are $2.27/lb.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
10798 posts
2952 upvotes
Toronto
I think their last eye of round sale (Mar7-13) was actually $2.99/lb
It's good they went back to $2.77/lb
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1603 posts
948 upvotes
Well guessing I'm grabbing a few eye of rounds. Need several for cheap steaks and easy meals...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1220 posts
236 upvotes
I like the wings but I think that weight includes the weight of the sauce packets that are included. Not 100% sure but I am thinking that is the case. Still a good deal. Makes 2 meals of decent wings.
Jul 4, 2018
241 posts
164 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:39 am
I like the wings but I think that weight includes the weight of the sauce packets that are included. Not 100% sure but I am thinking that is the case. Still a good deal. Makes 2 meals of decent wings.
Ive been making my own wings when deals like this comes along but i hate the cleanups. Done it in both deep fryer and air fryer. I just hate cleaning up.

Last week ive went to costco and saw their food court menu and saw 10wings for $7. I rarely shop at Costco but seeing that got me thinking. Thats a good price, just add own sauce and best of all no cleanup. I think im gonna retire from doing my own wings.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21617 posts
7522 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:39 am
Based on the description, they should be just plain raw uncooked wings. No sauce.
But I know nothing of the store or the actual product. This is solely based on description.
Unresphek wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:57 am
Ive been making my own wings when deals like this comes along but i hate the cleanups. Done it in both deep fryer and air fryer. I just hate cleaning up.
Deep frying doesn't have that much clean up unless you flour them.
There is significant cleanup once every few batches though (filtering/disposing of oil)
To me, it's the "cleanest" method of cooking since I'm basically dirtying only whatever I'm eating off of. Tomorrow me can worry about the oil.
Last week ive went to costco and saw their food court menu and saw 10wings for $7. I rarely shop at Costco but seeing that got me thinking. Thats a good price, just add own sauce and best of all no cleanup. I think im gonna retire from doing my own wings.
I personally don't like the wings at Costco. They're a decent price for takeout purposes but to me they taste like phosphates.

Quite a few places still have wings on special. Even today I've seen them as low as $0.10/per. Average is about $0.50/per though. Gotta factor in a drink which brings them up a bit especially if you only order 1lb, but this gets cheaper if you order multiple.

I still do my own wings since I can guarantee the size and the quality.
Plus they are cheaper than the average of $0.50/lb takeout.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1220 posts
236 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:32 pm
Based on the description, they should be just plain raw uncooked wings. No sauce.
But I know nothing of the store or the actual product. This is solely based on description.
I've bought these before, so unless they changed the product, they contain 2 packages of wing sauce.
Jul 11, 2009
353 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Spoiler alert: The worst steak (or cut) of cow can not be saved...
Jul 11, 2009
353 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:32 pm
I personally don't like the wings at Costco. They're a decent price for takeout purposes but..
I agree. they seem appealling and i've gotten them twice.. they have a coating on them that's a little sticky and a hint of sweetness. kinda makes a mess eating them there and they don't give you a bone bowl or wet naps.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
21617 posts
7522 upvotes
RAINMAN0 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 12:43 pm
I've bought these before, so unless they changed the product, they contain 2 packages of wing sauce.
https://f.*******.net/flyers/14995145/b28941039d625df0.pdf

I don't know... those look pretty naked to me.

EDIT: Thanks for censoring my URL RFD...

https://f.wish abi.net/flyers/14995145/b28941039d625df0.pdf

Remove the space.
Nov 29, 2009
96 posts
47 upvotes
London
I can also confirm these wings come with 2 packets of sauce. They are usually on sale at this price due to bad freezer burn. That being said, for this price and adding your own spices and whatnot they are just ok imo.
[OP]
Mar 10, 2019
893 posts
912 upvotes
fortune500 wrote:
May 8th, 2019 2:03 pm
I can also confirm these wings come with 2 packets of sauce. They are usually on sale at this price due to bad freezer burn. That being said, for this price and adding your own spices and whatnot they are just ok imo.
I'll take your about the sauces, but Freshco's flyer says nothing about sauces or brand. The picture also only shows a generic bag of raw wings. As for freezer burn, that can be location specific and whether they are rotating stock properly. I realize that this isn't fresh, but wings have become such and expensive item that even frozen boxes wings are usually much more expensive than this.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2791 posts
1471 upvotes
These will be the ones with 2 packs of sauce. FreshCo puts them on sale every few months.

I get a couple bags to deep fry for special occasions.

I thaw them the night before frying.

The sauce isn't bad actually.. but we usually do a spice mix after. Helps control sugar and salt.

I've had one of the ten bags (roughly) have almost all the bones broken in half.. It's actually quite the turn off when eating. But for the most part it's worth it.

Also they can often be skin heavy... but some of us love that.