Expired Hot Deals

[FreshCo] Lays Family Size Chips. $1.50!

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2018 10:58 am
Oct 18, 2016
902 posts
1234 upvotes
It says 141 to 255 grams. So popables would be included those are 141g. Been waiting for a good price to try them.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1466 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:27 am
cheaper maybe. Compare that to Walmart branded Great Value chips which is 97 cents per 200grams, every day with 4 varieties of flavor. The BBQ chips is amazing despite the price.
I'm partial to NoFrills 99 cent low sodium ripple chips.
Makes me feel less guilty with less salt.
Banned
Mar 27, 2018
308 posts
265 upvotes
r1lee wrote:
May 16th, 2018 7:21 pm
180 is regular, 255 is family, Costco is mega size
So the ones that are 141 g are "less than regular"?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8118 posts
449 upvotes
Looked at the flyer and was just in store $2.48, basically Same price as Walmart everyday.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
593 upvotes
ON
r1lee wrote:
May 16th, 2018 8:12 pm
Looked at the flyer and was just in store $2.48, basically Same price as Walmart everyday.
starts on Thursday...
Aug 30, 2011
76 posts
46 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
zinful wrote:
May 16th, 2018 7:18 pm
I try to print the coupon
using Firefox on Mac and get message

In order to print our coupons, you need to access the site on a desktop or laptop computer.
Step 1: Claim your coupons now.
Step 2: Login to the site on a desktop/laptop.
Step 3: Print your coupons.
Same here - guess I'll have to try a Windows PC
Sep 17, 2002
817 posts
191 upvotes
Totally agree, GV are great for the price and usually taste what's on the package unlike other brands.

badOne wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:27 am
cheaper maybe. Compare that to Walmart branded Great Value chips which is 97 cents per 200grams, every day with 4 varieties of flavor. The BBQ chips is amazing despite the price.
Feb 11, 2018
891 posts
693 upvotes
Been to FreshCo and bought the chips. I must say I'm not impressed so far. I only tried the Bar-B-Q + Mesquite. Hopefully the salt + vinegar or the sour cream will score higher. At least you get 240g for $1.50. But still more expensive than paying $0.97 for 200g at Wally.
Buy Less. Save More.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4075 posts
339 upvotes
Scarborough
BK2006 wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:54 am
If the Wavy chips are included print off and use .75 cent coupon

https://www.tastyrewards.ca/en/coupons
Interesting, haven't tried any of the flavoured wavy yet, thanks!

I always seem to find the wavy ones have a bit more "crunch" to them, regular seems too thin and more oily
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Sep 16, 2010
425 posts
77 upvotes
Mississauga
williamsauga wrote:
May 16th, 2018 10:19 am
does it include lightly salted chips?
Glad to see another fan of their lightly salted chips. That's what we usually get too!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4597 posts
816 upvotes
TomLafinsky wrote:
May 17th, 2018 12:51 pm
Been to FreshCo and bought the chips. I must say I'm not impressed so far. I only tried the Bar-B-Q + Mesquite. Hopefully the salt + vinegar or the sour cream will score higher. At least you get 240g for $1.50. But still more expensive than paying $0.97 for 200g at Wally.
Have.....have you never had Lay's chips before???
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Feb 11, 2018
891 posts
693 upvotes
deezz wrote:
May 17th, 2018 1:15 pm
Have.....have you never had Lay's chips before???
I have a PhD in chips. Have more than 30 bags (not just Lay's) at home purchased over the last 2-3 weeks. I figured if food is gonna kill me, might as well die while enjoying what you eat. So yes, I have had Lay's before. Btw slight mistake in my previous post, it is waivy Bar-B-Q + Hickory. I just tried their salt and vinegar and they are ok. I will have to compare with GV at Wally to see if they are any better.

Junk food makes up 1/3 to 1/2 of what I eat. No point living if you don't enjoy it, right? A long time ago I had a summer job at Cadbury. I was working on the floor where the caramilk was produced :)
Buy Less. Save More.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1362 posts
480 upvotes
Markham
#YOLO, why not enjoy it?
Phone: S8+ Koodo 10gb $60
Gaming Rig: 8600K 5ghz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 | Dell S2716DG
Currently playing: Monster Hunter: World, Black Ops 4, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4075 posts
339 upvotes
Scarborough
TomLafinsky wrote:
May 17th, 2018 2:37 pm
I have a PhD in chips. Have more than 30 bags (not just Lay's) at home purchased over the last 2-3 weeks. I figured if food is gonna kill me, might as well die while enjoying what you eat. So yes, I have had Lay's before. Btw slight mistake in my previous post, it is waivy Bar-B-Q + Hickory. I just tried their salt and vinegar and they are ok. I will have to compare with GV at Wally to see if they are any better.

Junk food makes up 1/3 to 1/2 of what I eat. No point living if you don't enjoy it, right? A long time ago I had a summer job at Cadbury. I was working on the floor where the caramilk was produced :)
So how do they get it inside? Don't worry we can offer you protection*
*Terms and Conditions apply, results may vary
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Feb 11, 2018
891 posts
693 upvotes
pnyknights wrote:
May 17th, 2018 3:03 pm
So how do they get it inside? Don't worry we can offer you protection*
*Terms and Conditions apply, results may vary
LOL!

To summarize the whole process; the Caramilk is produced upside down and a tube inside another tube is the way to pour the caramel and then the chocolate.

Chocolate is poured into a plastic mold about 3' X 4' and then goes thru a humongous fridge, constantly moving slowly. This is the top part of the Caramilk. Then it goes under a machine where the caramel is dropped into each square and right after chocolate is dropped on top of the caramel and make up the bottom part of the Caramilk. The trick is in timing and temperate. Like I said the inner tube contains the caramel and the outer tube contains the chocolate. It is one tube inside another slightly larger tube. IOW, each square of the Caramilk gets two tubes. And then the mold goes back into the same humongous fridge.

On the floor below mine the Snack Bar was being produced. You have no idea how great a freshly made Snack Bar tastes. We were allowed to eat as many chocolate bars as we wished while working, but if we were caught taking a single chocolate bar out of the factory when we left we would be fired. One night I ate 24 Caramilk :O I was working the night shift. The Caramilk was produced 24h/day. The Snack Bar was only produced during the day.
Buy Less. Save More.