Expired Hot Deals

[Fresh Co] Tropicana Tropics 1.75 L $1.44

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2015 7:12 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16053 posts
3476 upvotes
Toronto

[Fresh Co] Tropicana Tropics 1.75 L $1.44

Tropicana Tropics juice 1.75L $1.44!! Amazing price!! (Price valid for "Tropics" only, not the regular Tropicana Orange juice, respectfully)
20 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12462 posts
4325 upvotes
Toronto
Tropics nutritional labels

ImageImageImageImage

VS Pure Premium OJ

Image
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 13, 2005
7103 posts
1301 upvotes
even though it's natural sugar from fruits...the sugar content is fairly high... it's got like 3/4 of the amount of sugar from can of coke (39g)... of course, it's better sugar, and not the processed stuff like in coke.
Jr. Member
Mar 31, 2013
181 posts
86 upvotes
Sherwood Park
mic2074 wrote: even though it's natural sugar from fruits...the sugar content is fairly high... it's got like 3/4 of the amount of sugar from can of coke (39g)... of course, it's better sugar, and not the processed stuff like in coke.
Essentially sugar is sugar once it gets inside of you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2539 posts
1596 upvotes
armadaone wrote: Essentially sugar is sugar once it gets inside of you.
I'd still choose sugar from fruits over sugar from drug development!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12961 upvotes
djredhat wrote: I'd still choose sugar from fruits over sugar from drug development!
You do know that "drug development" sugar is made from plants as well right?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16053 posts
3476 upvotes
Toronto
The all important thing is, at least "Fruit juices from concentrate" is the first ingredient, and not something that comes second, or worse, third or somewhere in the middle of an ingredient list.
Good for them keeping the ingredient list short.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8675 posts
3139 upvotes
Toronto
Decent deal.

Food Basic also has the 1.75L Selection smoothies for $1.88. We bought a bunch of those, taste better.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8183 posts
2813 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know why these blends go for much less than just straight OJ?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16053 posts
3476 upvotes
Toronto
Variability wrote: Anyone know why these blends go for much less than just straight OJ?
Because the Tropicana OJ is NOT from concentrate, while the juices are.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9325 posts
3599 upvotes
Toronto
ah, the old not from concentrate scam. sitting in giant vats for up to a year with the flavour stripped out of it. they have to add "flavour packs" back in to give the illusion of freshness.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6600 posts
2673 upvotes
Canada
ShoNuff2 wrote: ah, the old not from concentrate scam. sitting in giant vats for up to a year with the flavour stripped out of it. they have to add "flavour packs" back in to give the illusion of freshness.
It's amazing we haven't all died yet.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2005
5699 posts
728 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: ah, the old not from concentrate scam. sitting in giant vats for up to a year with the flavour stripped out of it. they have to add "flavour packs" back in to give the illusion of freshness.
+1, I watched that show on CBC marketplace. In the end, most testers still prefer this "not from concentrate" because they are used to the flavour after all these years of drinking it.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3145 posts
1654 upvotes
Price-matched at Walmart this morning (along with the $0.77 chocolate milk (stupid 750mL cartons) since my local RCSS pulled them from the shelves after I matched last Friday. I can see the containers of this sitting in the back room cold area but they won't bring it out. I bet the shelf will be full on Thursday after the FreshCo add is expired!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2004
4308 posts
3282 upvotes
Ottawa
raspeed wrote: It's amazing we haven't all died yet.
Statistically speaking, we will all die at some point.

Top