Boneless chicken breast 1.98/lb

Deal Link:
Price:
1.98/lb
Expiry:
August 20, 2020
Retailer:
Freshland supermarket
Ok, so I have seen chicken breast being called “hot deal” here at $2.99/lb hence I assume $1.98/lb would be better. And this is a whole week offer, not just Fri-Sat-Sun as others

I only know one Freshland located in Tapscott, near Neilson Rd & Sheppard Ave in Scarborough, ON though.

But here is the interesting part if people may be reluctant to go to Asian stores and prefer Western style ones (makes no difference to me personally), the No Frills located at Markham Rd & Steeles Ave do price match with Freshland, it’s just the matter of stock availability or sometimes you’ll need to argue with cashiers about silly stuff like “ours are family pack and theirs aren’t”

P.S depends on the cashiers/butchers, some RCSS can PM with “local” stores YMMV
3 replies
Aug 13, 2020
3 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for posting! I’m near-ish this store but had never thought to go. Got 10 lbs of chicken breast from the butcher for the advertised price, easy peasy. I’m not picky about my chicken breasts and these looked fine.

Also picked up chicken legs/thighs for just over a $1/lb and some ground pork at around $1.50/lb. Store was spotlessly clean and had an overwhelming selection of items from many many different cultures. Definitely would return.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3261 posts
5068 upvotes
GTA North
CertainSomeone wrote: Ok, so I have seen chicken breast being called “hot deal” here at $2.99/lb hence I assume $1.98/lb would be better. And this is a whole week offer, not just Fri-Sat-Sun as others

I only know one Freshland located in Tapscott, near Neilson Rd & Sheppard Ave in Scarborough, ON though.

But here is the interesting part if people may be reluctant to go to Asian stores and prefer Western style ones (makes no difference to me personally), the No Frills located at Markham Rd & Steeles Ave do price match with Freshland, it’s just the matter of stock availability or sometimes you’ll need to argue with cashiers about silly stuff like “ours are family pack and theirs aren’t”

P.S depends on the cashiers/butchers, some RCSS can PM with “local” stores YMMV
How do you argue around the value pack or etc. What do you say to the cashiers/managers if you get static?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1135 posts
1603 upvotes
Universe
thedealhunter2000 wrote: How do you argue around the value pack or etc. What do you say to the cashiers/managers if you get static?
Well, it varies every trip to the stores. But typically, I would try to mention that it is in their PM policy and/or I was able to PM at that same store on another day.

Again, YMMV depends on whom you are dealing with. I couldn’t get PM several times too, just try another cashier or get back after a while.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)